Lam Luk Ka Golf And Country Club

verve76

Hi,

I'll be travelling to BKK during the first week of July. I've looked through the list of golf courses in BKK and looks like Lam Luk Ka is very nice course to play.

I'm planning to do 2 rounds of 18holes on a Friday.

Would it be adviseable to call up and ask for rates for unlimited golf or will it be cheaper to book through some golf booking website?

I'm also open to suggestions to unlimited golf at other golf courses in BKK on a Friday.

Cheers.

The sponsors of this forum are a golf booking site, not sure what their rates are for LLK but go visit them - just click the Thailandgolfers.com banner

Hi,

I'll be travelling to BKK during the first week of July. I've looked through the list of golf courses in BKK and looks like Lam Luk Ka is very nice course to play.

I'm planning to do 2 rounds of 18holes on a Friday.

Would it be adviseable to call up and ask for rates for unlimited golf or will it be cheaper to book through some golf booking website?

I'm also open to suggestions to unlimited golf at other golf courses in BKK on a Friday.

Cheers.

I play Lam Luk Ka a lot. Good choice... it's the best course(s) around in my opinion. Fairways and greens are ecellent. I usually call them up myself to book. The great thing about Lam Luk Ka is it's always easy to get a tee time and on a weekday there are not many golfers on the course.

I played there last weekend... the course is in great shape at the moment.

Enjoy!

If you intend playing two rounds on the one day you will be nice and tied when you are finished, unless you take a buggy. I agree with tweezer that it is one of the best in Bangkok, although never kind to me. It is always lush with outstanding greens. Also it is not as flat as it seems... The 2 18's do have a bit of sameness about them...... Please be aware that it is a fair way out of town, depending on where you are staying..........

Thanks tweezer & checker for your replies.

From reading the postings on this forum, I gathered that having a caddy is compulsory but a buggy is optional?

Anyway, I will be putting up in a hotel in Sukhumvit and will be giving myself an hour's travelling time to the golf course.

Well, this is my first time playing golf in Thailand and I want to make the most out of it.

Has anyone played 2 rounds of 18 holes and paid a discounted green fee on the 2nd round?

I've always wanted to play Lam Luk Ka but I don't have my own transport. Has anybody ever taken a taxi there from Bangkok?

How difficult is it to get a taxi from Lam Luk Ka back into Bangkok?

Hi - I've played Lam Luk Ka a few times, and have always taken a taxi to get there. From SCB Plaza or the Sofitel nearby it takes approximately 1 hour, maybe a little bit more. It's really far out, but worth the time and effort, it's a really beautiful course, birds, lakes and very quiet. I forget what I paid for the taxi though. I would suggest you contact reception about 1 hour before you're ready to go home to ask them to call a taxi for you.

I've always wanted to play Lam Luk Ka but I don't have my own transport. Has anybody ever taken a taxi there from Bangkok?

How difficult is it to get a taxi from Lam Luk Ka back into Bangkok?

I took a taxi there yesterday from Thailand Cultural Centre, cost 395 baht on meter and the same taxi brought me back and after a tip he got 1000 baht. I use the same driver for each course I play and he always picks me up for the return journey. Green fee was 700 baht and the course is in great condition. Taxi time was 1 hour to get there and 1. 20 to get back due to traffic. Allow longer to get there if the driver doesnt know the course as its 12km past LamLukka town.

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear that it's possible to get a taxi back from Lam Luk Ka to Bangkok. It usually takes about 45 mins in a taxi from the Central Ladprao area up to Muang Ake or Chuan Cheun, so the hour journey in a cab isn't a problem if I'm going to be playing a good course.

• 1 month later...