Finding A Lawyer.

Gulliver

Why not use the sponsors of this site, or has anyone had bad experience with them ?

I have used Sunbelt for my Visa a few years ago and they were horrible! Their understanding of Thai law, the documents I needed and the rest of the process was entirely flawed despite my working with a "senior and experienced" employee

MangoMan you are absolutely right! it's a shame we can't simply do a list of all bad business that are ruining the life of all expats here!

I have used a Thai lawyer for 20 years and he is excellent. I trust him 100% and he is not only an excellent lawyer but a true friend. A seasoned court lawyer who has won most of his cases,speaks fluent English and is liked by all who use him. Very popular with expats and companies. I believe licenced Thai lawyers are prohibited from advertising. I may be wrong. But law firms that offer legal services like a retail outlets are not. Good lawyers have no need to advertise. They are recommended. Maybe I was lucky but my Thai lawyer is a real gem.

I have used a Thai lawyer for 20 years and he is excellent. I trust him 100% and he is not only an excellent lawyer but a true friend. A seasoned court lawyer who has won most of his cases,speaks fluent English and is liked by all who use him. Very popular with expats and companies. I believe licenced Thai lawyers are prohibited from advertising. I may be wrong. But law firms that offer legal services like a retail outlets are not. Good lawyers have no need to advertise. They are recommended. Maybe I was lucky but my Thai lawyer is a real gem.

Your previous post said 8 years,thankyou Mr Winai! :)

I have had similar experiences with the Thai legal system. It is very likely that it would take 5 years to go through the legal process. Basically folks can appeal and cause lots of delays such that the who process takes a very long time. By all means speak to a lawyer (since I am not one), but I think it would take a long time to get your money back. The other thing is that it will also cost you alot of money in legal costs to get justice. I do feel for you and it saddens me to hear of another foreigner being ripped off in this country.

The only thing that seems to work here is thuggery, violence or paying someone to help you along. Not something I would do or suggest but it seems the only way to get things done. This is really a backward country where you can buy anything if you have the money. This means that there is no true justice, especially for the poor.

Your previous post said 8 years,thankyou Mr Winai! :)

Thanks for the typo error observation. Must be getting old or have fat fingers :D probably both ! Winai is a good guy and one of the best i have met.

Hi Gulliver, i don't know any good lawyer, however i can surely make you aware of a particular bad one which you should definetly avoid, good luck in your search and don't forget to let us to know the outcome of it, i just sent you a private message with all the details.

Hi Surayu,

Please could you send me details also or give me a quick ring on 0817483740,as i am looking for a divorce lawyer, thank you , Luke

• 6 months later...

who is he?

I have had similar experiences with the Thai legal system. It is very likely that it would take 5 years to go through the legal process. Basically folks can appeal and cause lots of delays such that the who process takes a very long time. By all means speak to a lawyer (since I am not one), but I think it would take a long time to get your money back. The other thing is that it will also cost you alot of money in legal costs to get justice. I do feel for you and it saddens me to hear of another foreigner being ripped off in this country.

The only thing that seems to work here is thuggery, violence or paying someone to help you along. Not something I would do or suggest but it seems the only way to get things done. This is really a backward country where you can buy anything if you have the money. This means that there is no true justice, especially for the poor.

thuggery gets it done everytime