One Picture Is Worth A Thousand Lies

dee123

I can't get over the fact that Abhisit is going to present a prize of "best photo 2009" which has been found to be doctored.Not only that,the "photo" has been proven to be part of a propaganda piece of journalism deliberately mean't to discredit the red shirts.Has Abhisit no judgement?

humm...

"You tried to access the address http://www.prachatai.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working."

The site taken offline? :)

humm...

"You tried to access the address http://www.prachatai.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working."

The site taken offline? :D

Maybe ISOC are paying them another "friendly visit" :)

Matichon also reported Kaweekrai’s message posted on his Hi5 which says, ‘I don’t take pity on myself for the condemnation people have for me as I deserve it. But I admit that I don’t feel sorry for the woman.’ Kaweekrai claimed to have inquired at Phya Thai Police Station whether Mintra had filed any complaint, and if so, he would turn himself to the police immediately.

Somsak Jeamtheerasakul, lecturer and political critic at Thammasat University, wrote on Prachatai and Same Sky web-boards in protest of the MPA’s judgment. He noted that the Thai Rath photo was retouched: Kaweekrai’s camera and camera bag were deleted from the picture.

He said the photo and its incorrect caption misled the public into understanding that the man was one of the residents who were resentful of the red shirts’ gas truck incident or other actions during that time, and came out to handle the ‘mob’ themselves.

It was later found out that the man was a hardcore PAD fanatic who had long been against the red shirts regardless of whatever they might do on April 13, he wrote.

The man himself even wrote on his Hi5 which has already been closed that he had even sniped at the red-shirt rallies without any provocation:

‘I have done a lot more to you folks than what you’ve seen when I pulled the ‘grass’ on the woman’s head, but it just has not made the news, like when you gathered at the national stadium, I sniped at you people when you were on your way home. I regret that I missed the targets. I always have future plans. I think I alone can make a lot of trouble for many of you.’

Mass media photographs are part of the reportage of the facts, as are the titles and captions. This photo, therefore, does not convey the facts, but a misrepresentation and a falsehood, Somsak argued.

There are a couple of U Tube video's of this aswell.

post-35073-1245461033_thumb.jpg

post-35073-1245461059_thumb.jpg

Edited by joskydive

Just read the site, working find on True.

Interestingly, the comments section has a few entries very similar to our "Parallels between Iran and Thailand" thread.

>>>

What about this part of the story:

Khao Sod reported that on April 23, Phuea Thai MPs brought the red-shirt woman Mintra Soros to a press conference at Parliament House. Mintra was asked whether she had spit in the man’s face. When she denied that, some reporters insisted that there were witnesses and photographic evidence showing that Mintra had spit in his face first.

The newspaper noted that during the press conference Mintra’s face did not appear downcast, showing no sign of having been overwhelmed by the attack; rather, she responded eloquently to the reporters’ questions. She also had chewing gum in her mouth and avoided all eye contact with the reporters.

>>>

I, personally, think that this poster got the it right:

"How on earth, no one showed any attempt to intervene the assualt, not even verbally! Were they too yellow to stand up, or simply "none of my business", or worst of all, did they felt the victim really deserved it?"

I don't know it it's "worst of all" or not, but it's not unusual for Thailand.

So, we have yet another thread about the woman getting pulled by the hair? Is that what this is about?

It seems to me that this thread was started to rehash this event, which was, I might add, discussed on and on in various threads in the news forum already.

Or is this thread about the fact that this photo won an award?

The MPA President explained it won because it is so vividly emotional that no description is necessary.

So, we have yet another thread about the woman getting pulled by the hair? Is that what this is about?

It seems to me that this thread was started to rehash this event, which was, I might add, discussed on and on in various threads in the news forum already.

Or is this thread about the fact that this photo won an award?

it's an interesting update to that story. that says a lot about the media here and what is going on in thailand. thanks to the OP providing that link.

threads discussing that event in the news forum got closed by some mods for whatever reason and the usual suspects brought to that threads misleading and false informations, willing helpers of a yellow clad propaganda machina.