Pedicure By Fish

Just go diving around Koh Tao. If you have any dead skin or scars then wilst you are swimming the cleaner wrasse will follow you and eat the dead skin. At certain places also you get the cleaner shrimp which do the same thing. You will often see these cleaning stations where the big fish go to let the small fish eat the parasites from their skin. Nature at its best :)

I saw that in the news paper,look funny.

But is it really efficient :)

"happy fish, happy Feet" : If i put my feet inside the water after my daily jogging will see if they are still happy :D

Edited by isanb

I tried it today. 200 baht for 30 minutes or 100 baht for 15 minutes. In the beginning they had a special deal of 100 baht and hour. 15 minutes was plenty for me though.

So what was the verdict? Cleaned your feet?

I tried it today. 200 baht for 30 minutes or 100 baht for 15 minutes. In the beginning they had a special deal of 100 baht and hour. 15 minutes was plenty for me though.

Actually, I have these little brown specks all over where they had been feeding. Maybe a thousand tiny fish hickies?

Actually, I have these little brown specks all over where they had been feeding. Maybe a thousand tiny fish hickies?

I read somewhere that there are some caves in Turkey which are home to a similar type of fish. People go there who have various skin problems. The whole body is immersed and the little chaps come along and feast off the dead/rotting skin. Supposed to be quite painful but very effective. :)

I read somewhere that there are some caves in Turkey which are home to a similar type of fish. People go there who have various skin problems. The whole body is immersed and the little chaps come along and feast off the dead/rotting skin. Supposed to be quite painful but very effective. :)

Psoriasis and many other skin diseases are cleared!

Erewan waterfall's Kanchanaburi province has fish which do the same,

but don't know if same effect...and then no disease! :D

This sounds like it could be a really nice thing to do but I'm a little concerned about the possible risks. Does anyone know whether there is a risk of getting infections or contagious skin conditions (or worse) from the people that have used the fish before you? Presumably they don't change the water between each customer. Can the fish transfer something from one customer to another?

This sounds like it could be a really nice thing to do but I'm a little concerned about the possible risks. Does anyone know whether there is a risk of getting infections or contagious skin conditions (or worse) from the people that have used the fish before you? Presumably they don't change the water between each customer. Can the fish transfer something from one customer to another?

They don't change the water (maybe overnight?). It's in a ~2 sqm area where there is room for maybe 6-8 people at one time to try it. If these little nibblers can pass infections I'd be surprised. They don't actually break the skin, just pick at very small dead pieces on the surface.

Anyone know what sort of fish they are ? I've got a load of Guppies and they don't appear to be carnivorous.

I would imagine that they would have to very hardy or easily replaceable. Perhaps they are cooked up after they have been dieting on foot bits, maybe a form of whitebait? :)

They don't change the water (maybe overnight?). It's in a ~2 sqm area where there is room for maybe 6-8 people at one time to try it. If these little nibblers can pass infections I'd be surprised. They don't actually break the skin, just pick at very small dead pieces on the surface.

That's what I was thinking but I wondered if anyone knew for sure?

Have your little brown spots gone yet? Did you feel squirmish at all when you went?

I think I might give it a go but I'm a bit worried I'll feel a bit funny about having fish nibbling at my skin.

Ive seen it, but i wondered if there was any chance of the fishes getting squashed or something. I guess they are too fast for that to happen? If i decide to give it a try, i dont really fancy seeing dead and/or squashed fishes...

Did you go to the one at Big C? We just popped in (for something else) and were going to have a quick look at the fish but we couldn't find the place. Is it on the ground floor or upstairs?

My boyfriend doesn't think I'll like it but I'm intrigued so I'm going to give it a go.

I tried the nibbling fish in a Beijing spa complex last year. There people strip off and immerse their whole bodies in the pool. It was a great sensation on the legs and feet, but I was too chicken to let them at my tackle- had visions of a feeding frenzy like in that film Piranha!

My boyfriend and I went for a walk this evening along Bophut beach and passed through the Fisherman's Village where we found a pedi fish place (apparently owned by the same person as the one in Big C) so we decided to have a go at it.

We spent about 40 minutes with our feet in the water. I have to say it felt quite nice. My boyfriend had a lot more interest in his feet than I did mine. Actually I was quite disappointed that I didn't have a swarm of the little things nibbling at my dead skin.

Anyway to cut a very long (and boring) story short - I didn't notice much of a difference. I think 5 minutes with a pumice in the shower would've been much more effective (and cheaper too)

But.... it was an interesting experience and I'm glad I gave it a try.

No brown spots on my feet yet. And I was a bit confused as to why there was one fish that was nibbling my calf. I know there's no dead skin there!!! I have a sneaking suspicion that they just suck the bubbles off your skin.

:)

• 3 months later...
Has anyone tried it?

Fish pedicure

:D

Can anybody tell me if there is a fish pedicure in the Pattaya / Jomtien area.

Kopun kap mak mak. :)

The one on Sukhumvit road across the Aqua-thing, is no longer there !

I had a go at Dr Fish earlier on in Cambodia, Siem Reap ... such a good experience !

My feet felt like reborn.

Tried it after reading the posts here yesterday. It was a comfortable experience and my gf noticed that my feet looked better :) I went to dr. Fish and it was quite much higher prized than I see you pay in Big C (600 thb for 30 min, got discount of course). They told me that it was because they used proper turkish fish and that they didnt in big C. I have no idea if this is right as this could only be a salespitch to keep me as a customer, but on the other hand that could allso be the reason why someone didnt feel it worked after going to Big C. Well anyway, i found it quite fun to try and my feet looks better (and no brown spots on them)