Ilr. Uk

Hi all,

Id just like to share some good news with you all . Today my wife got her ILR stamp in her passport. we only had to wait just less than a month for the application to come back.

I feel a quick speech coming on.

I would genuinly like to thank many posters on this forum for giving their help and advice to me over the past few years . People like , The Scouser, Mahout Angrit, Seapok, CuddleyPete etc.

I would like to give a little bit of advice to any lads out there who are just starting the business of trying to get their ladies into the UK. I would say that if you choose the right girl or boy then all of the hassle that you have to go through is definitly worth while. I am sure many others would back me up with this comment.

Anyway thanks again to everyone who has helped me and good luck to all the others who seek the same as me.

ill still be reading this forum and will give any help i can to others .

Regards

Scooty

When did she first enter the country ?

As in tourist visa fiancee etc as she may be entitled as your wife to citizenship 3 years from her first day of entering the UK ?

Hello Thai visa express,

My wife first came to UK in March 2006 on a 6 month visit visa.So you think that she can now apply for citizenship? although id need to start saving again , its an expensive business.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone else

Scooty

The residency requirements to apply for British citizenship as the spouse of a British citizen are:-

The applicant must have been legally in the UK on the exact day 3 years prior to the day the application is recieved by the Home Office.

During the last 3 years the applicant must not have spent more than a total of 270 days out of the UK with no more than 90 days in the final year.

She can apply anytime after she first meets the above. I would advise applying as soon as you can, before the government puts the cost up again!

Edited by 7by7

Thanks 7by7.

I dont think that we can apply for the citizenship because my wife came in March 2006 on a visit visa and she went back to Thailand in June 2006, she then came to UK again in June 2007 on a settlement visa and so over the last 3 years she would have been out of the UK for more than 270 days. Could you confirm for me if this is the case? Thanks for the advice.

Scooty