Marriage Or Retirement

I am a 65 year old EU citizen married 20 years to a Thai lady and holder since 15 years of Non Immigrant Visa O

Based on this I can settle with my wife in Thailand : I understand I need a one year "extension" with obligation to report every 90 days to Immigration Office of my region.

There is a good explanation of what to do

http://www.thaivisa.com/323.0.html

....except that my income will be not be from work but from a pension.

- I understand that if I apply as "retired" I will need prove of income 65K+ a month or 800K+ in the bank next to other documents (I can fullfil those conditions)

- I understand also that if I apply "Supporting a family" I will need prove of income 40K+ a month or 400K+ in the bank next to other documents (I can fullfil those conditions too)

a) Which kind of application form (TM9?) will I need to fill in to get residence permit for "Supporting a family"?

B) Which kind of words will I need to use : I guess if I fill in "retired" that I will automatically be put in the category "retired" and that is what I want to avoid.

I understand all the other regulations about marriage certificate, translation, etc...

You fill out a TM 7 for an extension of stay.

It is your choice which extension you want to apply for. In my opinion you should go for the one that commits you to showing less money. It means showing 3 more documents and a few photos to get an extension based upon marriage. Plus you have to take your wiffe along for an interview. And one additional trip to immigration.

If you go to immigration to apply for the marriage extension don't show then that you can meet the finacial requirements for a retirement extension or they will try to push you into getting it instead of marriage.

His post is confusing. It seems to me he wants to know about permanent residency, as he already claims to be here for 15 years on a non-O and metnions the documents for permanent residency (tm9) and our own page about it.

Hope the OP can answer the question if he realy is intersted in permanent residency or just an extension of stay.