K-web Shopping Card

Hi has anyone got a k-web shopping card from kasikornbank,it is a card that you can use on the internet to buy anything on the internet and the money comes straight from your account,just want to see what it is like before i get one as getting a thai credit card is a no go,and the visa debit cards from the banks you can not use on the internet,thanks in advance.

Hi has anyone got a k-web shopping card from kasikornbank,it is a card that you can use on the internet to buy anything on the internet and the money comes straight from your account,just want to see what it is like before i get one as getting a thai credit card is a no go,and the visa debit cards from the banks you can not use on the internet,thanks in advance.

I have a K web shopping card but i haven't used it yet but it should be ok

... works like a charm. You can add on verified by Visa to make it extra safe.

It's a virtual card addtional with different number than your K-debit card. You must register at the branch where you have your account.

check their website for addtional info.

It usually takes not long to get the 2 bins for start.

K-Bank has an outstanding service, especially, they are very foreign friendly and not discriminating. The nicest you can imagine.

It's a virtual card addtional with different number than your K-debit card. You must register at the branch where you have your account.

K-Bank has an outstanding service, especially, they are very foreign friendly and not discriminating. The nicest you can imagine.

Hi opened a account today and got a debit card and registard for internet banking,just one question when i opened the account i gave my address here in thailand and it was in thai,so when i want to buy something with my web card how can i put the address in as my computer does not write in thai,or can i just write it in english?many thanks,have you used it to book flights online?

I have had that card. It looked to be a nice idea, but i got problems in a couple of transactions and I had to cancel it.

The first 2 transtactions were ok, than I got problems and the customer service was inefficient to solve them

If you take it, try not to make huge transactions, so if you have a problem at least it would be for a small ammount.

Edited by jdrake72

I got bad experiences with this card and a very bad customer service and I had to cancel it.

I got bad transactions where ammounts were debited without receiving the service, than the customer service canceled the wrong transaction (I mean they cancelled a previous transaction which had been successfull) causing me lots of problems.

After problems after problems, mistakes after mistakes and a very bad customer service , I finally decided to cancel the card.

You have been lucky.I have not. The first 2 transactions were successfull indeed, but later.....

has anyone tried using the k-web card online to book air tickets, hotels, car rental, etc?

I have used it to make a flight booking with Air Asia as they do not require the Credit Card to be shown at check in. You might have a problem where the card needs to be shown at flight or hotel check in, and certainly with car hire where they usually want a card imprint as a security deposit.

Anyone know how to activate verifed by visa for the web card?

I did it for my old web card but just got a new one and can't seem to find any info on the k-bank site.

Visa's USAsite won't accept the card number and the link to k-bank at Visa's Asia site ends up at a page under maintenance. It's a bit out of date as among the list of Thai banks is Bank of Asia which was taken over by UOB years ago.

TIA

Hi

Thanks for the lead but I get

Not Found

The requested URL /en_US/offers/VbV_index.shtml was not found on this server. :)

I'll try again later.

TIA

go to visa/master original website to verify, here it is

Verified By Visa: http://www.visa.com.hk/en_US/offers/VbV_index.shtml

MasterCard Securecode:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/c...ecode/faqs.html

This is the info that I got from Kasikorn. I haven't tried it myself yet as I haven't had any problems using the K-Web card . Let us know if it works.

Enter the link to

apply Verified by VISA (for Web card) <https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/eweb/enroll.aspx>

-Fill in the online secured form with your credit card number or Web card number and details as required.

-Specify your own Personal Assurance Message (PAM)** and password.

-Specify your reset password question and enter your e-mail address to receive information about benefits and marketing activities from KASIKORNBANK.

-You can use your Verified by Visa password immediately after registration.

** Personal Assurance Message (PAM) is the message that you specify during registration and will be appeared on the website while you are making online transaction to ensure that online shop is a Visa-authorized merchant.

Edited by delboy

I used my web card the other day to buy something from the uk and it is great and got a rate of 57b to the £,must say think the internet banking with them is great too,and also i got the card verified on the website too,i dont think you would be able to get flight tickets with it as you have to show the card when checking in sometimes and this is a web card,be good if they could give us a card too!i would recommend this card to anyone if you dont have a credit card,and if there is a problem with a purchase it seems very easy to cancel it as they send e mail to confirm that you are trying to use it.