Best Price On La-z-boy Recliner

gguy

I am thinking about purchasing a La-z-boy recliner.

There seems to a number of dealers in Pattaya. I have visited the dealer in the Central Department store near Soi 8.

The prices seem a little on the high side.

Any suggestions on finding a dealer in Pattaya that will negotiate on price? All the dealers seem to be fairly large furniture stores. I find it difficult to negotiate price with a large multi-store organization. The prices seem fixed.

Also any suggestions on fabric versus leather? I think the fabric would be more comfortable but leather wears longer. I wonder how the high humidity effects leather.

I went to the main office off Lad Prao Bangkok and got a better price than any retail store. They delivered to Pattaya for about 1000 baht. I went with the high grade Italian soft leather. Lovin' it.

Edited by Jingthing

I bought mine from the Homeworks store in south Pattaya. Fabric covering was less expensive than leather. The actual Lay Z Boy company delivered it and installed it as part of the price. 25,125 was the total including delivery and set up to Banchang, Rayong

I am happy with the dark fabric but maybe in a year or two I might wish for leather when it needs cleaning. Right now i keep a throw cover on it so I don't sweat all over the fabric. I guess if this is an issue than leather may be the way to go

We got ours at Index and got an additional 5% discount with the Index card. I believe all places selling L-z boy are outlett of the same distributor and you will get the same price anywhere (in Pattaya at least). So if you buy it at Index you can get the 5% additional discount.

We went with fabric over leather because skin on leather can be uncomfortable and sticky :-). Also is saves you around 10K baht.

We love it....

Leather does not absorb the sweat - may be good, may be bad - depends whether you want to sit in a pool of sweat or a stinking fabric chair.

For upkeep - depends on your circumstances - kids or pets around - go for fabric, 'cos minor repairs (cuts. scratches) can be repaired without problems. Just you, maybe leather is better.

• 6 months later...

Just a quick update on price.

MBK there is a La z boy store and the cheapest was 30,000 going up to 50,000 they sold others which where 67,000 but not on display. Apparently if you go to the store in Lad Pruo around August they are 50% off. not sure ican wait 6 months but 50,000 is about a 1000GBP and way out of my price range.

has anyone else seen them cheaper?

• 1 month later...