Vientiane Or Phnom Penh?

Can anyone confirm likely processing times for tourist visas at Phnom Penh and Vientiane?, , also has anyone heard of Vientiane or anyone else for that matter issuing 90day tourist visas? something I heard on the grapevine-I don't know how accurate.......Thanks

Can anyone confirm likely processing times for tourist visas at Phnom Penh and Vientiane?, , also has anyone heard of Vientiane or anyone else for that matter issuing 90day tourist visas? something I heard on the grapevine-I don't know how accurate.......Thanks

60 days VTE

PM me for more info...

In Vientiane you put in your application in the morning and pick up you tourist visa the afternoon of the next working day. So if you apply on a friday, you won't get your visa until the monday.

Check the embassy website as there are lots of days the embassy closes for Thai and laos holidays.

...has anyone heard of Vientiane or anyone else for that matter issuing 90day tourist visas? something I heard on the grapevine-I don't know how accurate...

The tourist visa is a 90-day visa in the sense that it is valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days from the issue date of the visa.

On arrival in Thailand with a tourist you are given permission to stay for 60 days. Before the expiration of these 60 days you may, if you wish, apply at any immigration office in Thailand for a 30-day extension of stay for a fee of 1,900 Baht, bringing the total period of your permission to stay to 90 days.

--

Maestro

You can get your cambodian visa on the internet before you leave

. http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx

nevcross, the above information is not what you asked about; it is about the visa to travel to Cambodia.

If you decide to go and apply for your tourist visa at the Thai consulate in Phnom Penh you can get you visa for Cambodia either at the Cambodian consulate in Bangkok for USD 20, or by email at the web page indicated by waza for USD 25, or on arrival at the Phnom Penh airport for USD 20.

You did not mention your travel plans for Thailand but if you plan to arrive in Thailand twice within 90 days you can get a double-entry tourist visa from the Thai consulate in Vientiane.

--

Maestro

You can get your cambodian visa on the internet before you leave

. http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx

nevcross, the above information is not what you asked about; it is about the visa to travel to Cambodia.

If you decide to go and apply for your tourist visa at the Thai consulate in Phnom Penh you can get you visa for Cambodia either at the Cambodian consulate in Bangkok for USD 20, or by email at the web page indicated by waza for USD 25, or on arrival at the Phnom Penh airport for USD 20.

You did not mention your travel plans for Thailand but if you plan to arrive in Thailand twice within 90 days you can get a double-entry tourist visa from the Thai consulate in Vientiane.

--

Maestro

Thanks, yes just really wanted to check how long the Thai Embassies in those cities would take to process a tourist visa for THailand, the possibility of extending beyond the 60 days at Suan Plu would be good as I intend a return to the UK In September. If anyone has been to PP recently please advise how long the embassy there took to process the visa.I was a little concerned that PP may be more difficult than Vientiane but have been advised thru another post that that is not necessarily the case.........often a matter of who one comes up against on the day......

PP is unpredictable. The last report I recall was not good and the it took 2 days to get the visa.

Vientiane is next day service service. KL and Penang are also good choices for single entry visas. Penang is same day service for tourist visas.

• 2 weeks later...
PP is unpredictable. The last report I recall was not good and the it took 2 days to get the visa.

Vientiane is next day service service. KL and Penang are also good choices for single entry visas. Penang is same day service for tourist visas.

PLeased to report I managed to get the desired 1 entry tourist visa at Phnom Penh. For information of others note; notice on wall in PP embassy states visa applications should be made between 8.30 and 11, collections be made 2 days later in the afternoon-between 3 and 4.30. I asked as pleasantly as possible if i could collect any earlier as I had a plane ticket to leave pp at that time. The assistant told me to write down the flight number and then she changed my collection time from the afternoon to the morning (2 days later) which I was very glad of, I noted my appreciation- shame as seems constantly to be the way,in SEA embassies, that the assistant was as stern, unsmiling and minimising in levity as she could possibly be.........oh well........!