Thai Women Are Not... "on The Take"

cognos

Contrary to popular western media common perception, and the perception of many farang in LOS, the VAST MAJORITY of Thai women are absolutely NOT "on the take"..in other words..they are GENERALLY NOT out to : fleece the farang of his money / rip him off / aid in a motorcycle helmet scam / cut off his junk (just kiddin' on that one) / extract as much money as possible from MR Farang. The Thai women I am alluding to comprise the 10's of millions of regular everyday Thai women from all walks of life. On the contrary..Mr Farang may have a hard time MATCHING their JAI DEE nature. They want to give as much or more BACK TO YOU as they receive..be that LOVE or material things. THATS why Thai women make some of the best wives in the world. My wife had to go back and forth to BKK several times in the visa process for various things and business as well..probably at least 10 times..with or without me, she always insisted on taking the over night bus instead of the airplane ( airplane one hour, bus 12 hours..and a pit stop at CHUMPOON at 1 am with music blaring.. just as you are finally "asleep" :D ) She has done this at least 8 times on her own the last year. I try to tell her to "take the plane..its not expensive..never mind..tam sabaii..my bpen rai..karunaa!!" but she always says the same thing..." I take bus teraaak..I need you SAVE YOUR MONEY" :) The ironic and sad thing is that I have met a few Thai 20 something female students studying in Vancouver,Canada on student visas ( I work in education) who say they felt the need to lie about their Thai nationality to locals, to avoid the sometimes scorn that they receive as a result of the western media perception, reinforced by many..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh sounds like a nightmare... 12hr coach ride.

Very pleasant actually. Take a proper VIP bus. The ride to my place from BKK is about 9 hours. Total comfort. Air con. Stops for half an hour. Has toilet. Cost 500 Baht.

Get on the wrong bus . . . the normal one . . . you may as well have gone straight to hel_l.

Moral of . . . get on the right bus if you want to live.

Contrary to popular western media common perception, and the perception of many farang in LOS, the VAST MAJORITY of Thai women are absolutely NOT "on the take"..in other words..they are GENERALLY NOT out to : fleece the farang of his money / rip him off / aid in a motorcycle helmet scam / cut off his junk (just kiddin' on that one) / extract as much money as possible from MR Farang. The Thai women I am alluding to comprise the 10's of millions of regular everyday Thai women from all walks of life. On the contrary..Mr Farang may have a hard time MATCHING their JAI DEE nature. They want to give as much or more BACK TO YOU as they receive..be that LOVE or material things. THATS why Thai women make some of the best wives in the world. My wife had to go back and forth to BKK several times in the visa process for various things and business as well..probably at least 10 times..with or without me, she always insisted on taking the over night bus instead of the airplane ( airplane one hour, bus 12 hours..and a pit stop at CHUMPOON at 1 am with music blaring.. just as you are finally "asleep" :D ) She has done this at least 8 times on her own the last year. I try to tell her to "take the plane..its not expensive..never mind..tam sabaii..my bpen rai..karunaa!!" but she always says the same thing..." I take bus teraaak..I need you SAVE YOUR MONEY" :) The ironic and sad thing is that I have met a few Thai 20 something female students studying in Vancouver,Canada on student visas ( I work in education) who say they felt the need to lie about their Thai nationality to locals, to avoid the sometimes scorn that they receive as a result of the western media perception, reinforced by many..

My wife used to do the same, always travel by overnight bus to Si Sa Ket. I offered the flight to save time and she refused for the same reasons. She still travels by road after 10 years of being together, but in the car that i bought for her. Beware my friend!

Cheers, Rick

good point - there IS lots of jai dee around.it just doesnt make good news for the internet so we dont hear about it too much

its much more juicy to hear about some falang who married a bar girl after a few weeks , set the familly up for life and loose half a million bucks in the process.then we can all entertain ourselves and make cynical comments.seriously you are right.

best wishes

Hmmm takes 12hrs on a plane to get to thailand.... sorry a 12hr coach ride is a non-starter!!!

16.5 hours on the plane for me..14 from Vancouver to HKK..then HKK to LOS the 12 hour coach/bus ride she takes is Phuket to BKK.. not bad.. a vip..after the first time i was used to it..although its a bit hard to sleep..for me anyway

Come on OP, stop generalizing.

You can't tar all Thai woman with the same brush.

:D:D

Save money, spend it on extended family :D:D 8 hour bus trip in lieu of 1 hour plane trip, hmmmm, this lady could very well have a fear of FLYING(?) :D Mine you now I'm just refering to this one Thai Lady, overall and for the most part of your comments I CONCUR. Over my long stay in Thailand I have met many Thai women that are exactly as you alluded to. :):D:D:D

I've done 12 hours in a public bus in Nepal on mountain roads. Nothing in Thailand comes close to that experience. CM to BKK by bus is simply boring,

I went Nepal to Delhi, India - 3 days ona a bus with no windows - a nightmare but fun.

So the OP's wife is scared of flying - what's all the other crap about?

I've done 12 hours in a public bus in Nepal on mountain roads. Nothing in Thailand comes close to that experience. CM to BKK by bus is simply boring,

I went Nepal to Delhi, India - 3 days ona a bus with no windows - a nightmare but fun.

So the OP's wife is scared of flying - what's all the other crap about?

incorrect speculation but understandable..Her and I used to fly several times together from Phuket to BKK and vise versa..from nakorn si thammarat to BKK for eg. but after we were engaged a few years ago she insisted on taking the bus to "save your money"

Hmmm takes 12hrs on a plane to get to thailand.... sorry a 12hr coach ride is a non-starter!!!

!2 hour flight, I wish. Fastest from Atlanta is 24 !/2 hours several airlines,

If you decide to fly by a certain airline rather than speed of journey, it'll take longer, a lot longer. Using Eva for your main carrier will take you 30 hours. My favorite airline isn't an option, Singapore air will take 36 hours. Now that time isn't time all in the air but with the various stops, it makes a 12 hour bus ride seem like a picnic.

incorrect speculation but understandable..Her and I used to fly several times together from Phuket to BKK and vise versa..from nakorn si thammarat to BKK for eg. but after we were engaged a few years ago she insisted on taking the bus to "save your money"

If you are with her she will probably be able to overcome the fears - but I suspect she would not be happy to fly alone. Plus the intimidation factor (you are teated as terrorist suspect these days). Bus travel is much more common and fun for most people. And many/most seem to be able to sleep through anything so get a good rest.

"The Thai women I am alluding to comprise the 10's of millions of regular everyday Thai women from all walks of life." These 10's of millions are married to other Thais. not Farangs, a whole "nother ball game. ...and Of course, there are good Thai-Farang marriages and romantic matches. My own experiences here would not reflect your optimism, however.

"The Thai women I am alluding to comprise the 10's of millions of regular everyday Thai women from all walks of life." These 10's of millions are married to other Thais. not Farangs, a whole "nother ball game. ...and Of course, there are good Thai-Farang marriages and romantic matches. My own experiences here would not reflect your optimism, however.

+1

Sister-in-Law and I were speaking of this very subject yesterday. Trust me it's all a big nasty scam. I know a lad, Greg (28), who's about to get hit big time over the next few years like I was. It'll be the end of that nice fella. He doesn't deserve it.

Most of these people are 100% pure sh1t.

Go on then Thai apologists, do your worst. :)

a2398, many of them are married to farang like me..but these stories are unsensational..I agree with you 100%..your experience will dictate your attitude in general..the couple of thai gf's i had before I met the future wife, they never asked for money or support..my experiences have been good ones..but i suspect that many farang..for whatever reason..accidently probably..select Thai women for their mate that may be somewhat "on the take" then or at some point. My observation was simply that the VAST majority of Thai women are wonderful, kindhearted, and they are NOT out to gouge / fleece / rip off / steal from / farang in LOS..today and tomorrow..

a2398, many of them are married to farang like me..but these stories are unsensational..I agree with you 100%..your experience will dictate your attitude in general..the couple of thai gf's i had before I met the future wife, they never asked for money or support..my experiences have been good ones..but i suspect that many farang..for whatever reason..accidently probably..select Thai women for their mate that may be somewhat "on the take" then or at some point. My observation was simply that the VAST majority of Thai women are wonderful, kindhearted, and they are NOT out to gouge / fleece / rip off / steal from / farang in LOS..today and tomorrow..

I agree with this too (dam_n I'm confused these days). I also very glad for you, you seem like a nice chap.

low cost air flights are sensible alternative to 12 hrs. back breaking bus rides ....... IMHO

Yes, depends on your journey. ThaiAirAsia do cheap flights. I used to use PB Air when I had money, BBK to ROI.

Now I take the bus.

So because your Wife/" GF " is afraid of Flying &/or saving your money by taking a Bus that she could possibly get her hands on in other ways IE Car/House/Daylight Robbery, that constitutes you to believe that the majority of them are not on the take ??? :D

You strike me as bein very, very naive OP if not on a wind up & you WILL get fleeced the longer you stay here & meet these wonderful Women you mention that YOU have a hard time matching THEIR Jai Deeness... :D

my experiences have been good ones..but i suspect that many farang..for whatever reason..accidently probably..select Thai women for their mate that may be somewhat "on the take" then or at some point.

Most farang can barely string together three words in Thai and mostly interact with Thai women at bars, gogos and massage. The outcome should be no surprise.

So because your Wife/" GF " is afraid of Flying &/or saving your money by taking a Bus that she could possibly get her hands on in other ways IE Car/House/Daylight Robbery, that constitutes you to believe that the majority of them are not on the take ??? :D

You strike me as being very, very naive OP if not on a wind up & you WILL get fleeced the longer you stay here & meet these wonderful Women you mention that YOU have a hard time matching THEIR Jai Deeness... :D

+ a cautious 1.

I take the OP's point about non-whores.

Women are dangerous things full-stop and should generally be avoided. I was thinking about this recently. Live with your mates. I spent the last 10 years living on horrible regeneration sites with my mate Ian. He's site manager and I'm technical manager. And we're very happy together. :D

Whores are whores. Would you marry a whore from your country of origin? Right . . .

my experiences have been good ones..but i suspect that many farang..for whatever reason..accidently probably..select Thai women for their mate that may be somewhat "on the take" then or at some point.

Most farang can barely string together three words in Thai and mostly interact with Thai women at bars, gogos and massage. The outcome should be no surprise.

+ another 1.

It's all ridiculous.

Women are dangerous things full-stop and should generally be avoided. I was thinking about this recently. Live with your mates. I spent the last 10 years living on horrible regeneration sites with my mate Ian. He's site manager and I'm technical manager. And we're very happy together. :)

Whores are whores. Would you marry a whore from your country of origin? Right . . .

I've done this too..you have to choose carefully just like a taking a g/f.

But living with mates is a great laugh and no issues as if you want some hanky panky go and have some no jealousy if you want to sit down and be quiet no issues, if you want to smashed always a ready partner to help you.

no anniversaries to forget and get in trouble

no cr@ppy gifts or cards for birthdays christmas only going out to get smashed

no listening to stories about work colleagues only funnies not moaning

so many good things

Only downside is that erh sorry can't think of any???

!00% living with mates is great... no love, no sex, no hugging afterwards...tiss bliss :D hang on just like my mrs now :D

Women are dangerous things full-stop and should generally be avoided. I was thinking about this recently. Live with your mates. I spent the last 10 years living on horrible regeneration sites with my mate Ian. He's site manager and I'm technical manager. And we're very happy together. :)

But living with mates is a great laugh and no issues as if you want some hanky panky go and have some no jealousy if you want to sit down and be quiet no issues, if you want to smashed always a ready partner to help you.

so many good things

!00% living with mates is great... no love, no sex, no hugging afterwards...tiss bliss :D hang on just like my mrs now :D

I've been a bit tough on the fairer sex in this thread.

I actually live with my sister-in-law now. Well, she lives round the corner. We've been mates for near 8 years, always kept in contact, always helped each other, chatted etc. We are mates. She is a woman.

She's also the best fun I've ever had with a woman. We look after daughter, go shopping, do the garden, talk bo!!ocks at each other. It's not silly, girly, frilly love. Just mates.

Yes, marriage to be avoided. Can have girl mates too. Just don't put your willy near 'em. It works great.

so many good things

Okay, you convinced me.

How do I get her to leave?

Women are indeed evil, not only with farang but especially with Thai men. All day nagging for money, that he's too lazy, doesn't take care of them, they're often addicted to sex or gambling and driving the poor man crazy.

Gonna call a few mates, I guess 2 or 3 would be great.

so many good things

Okay, you convinced me.

How do I get her to leave?

Women are indeed evil, not only with farang but especially with Thai men. All day nagging for money, that he's too lazy, doesn't take care of them, they're often addicted to sex or gambling and driving the poor man crazy.

Gonna call a few mates, I guess 2 or 3 would be great.

Let's start a commune of mates.

Beer, barbecues, building kit cars, sailing, talking <deleted> whilst pi$$ed, soft porn mags on the kitchen table, bit of DIY, oogling, curry's, oogling curry's, music . . .