Thai Women Are Not... "on The Take"

cognos

My wife is Burmese..but same same....she lives in the USA...does business in Chiang Mai.

She'll take the train from BKK to CM or to Mae Sot...just to save money. I keep telling her to take the plane, but she insists.

Just their nature. I can't even get her to spend money on herself..and buy herself nice clothes here in America, I need to take her out to buy her clothes.

Then..she'll return them if I spend more than $30 on a shirt or shirts.....

I will say that marrying Asian ladies is not easy...for both the man and woman, the cultural differences..and the language barriers are difficult.

Need a very dedicated lady for her to go through the entire process. Yes...marriage is a process..and it is not always easy. So far, it has been a success for us though.

If I had it my way, I'd live in Thailand (Wife can not go back to Burma til she becomes an American Citizen...a few years away)....

We both hope to reside in Thailand in the future...close enought to her homeland and safe enough for a farang to live and enjoy life.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Thai women - as opposed to busses and planes - I am curious why so many men have these stories about getting married and then being fleeced? All over Europe and to a lesser extent America too people just don't get married like they used to. I am living with a pleasant Thai woman who takes care of me, provides great sex, and has not raised the issue of marriage - and I haven't either. She doesn't work and I provide for us both - but no one else. If marriage or economics suddenly become an issue our relationship will go through a serious reevaluation. That's the way it is back "home" and so why is it different here? Do we think with our big "head" at home but only our little one in Thailand? And, if she gets pregnant, how does that change things? What are my obligations for support? If my unmarried Thai girlfriend is pregnant does that automaticly mean I am obligated to pay support ot mothers and aunts? I don't think so! What are the laws regarding abortion? As a monogamous couple we don't use "protection" but she is 40 and I am 62 and we don't want a pregnancy. Comments? Guidance?

Not being funny, but any man who really does not want children any longer should get the 'snip' done. Then there is no worry of missed contraceptive pills, or problems with condoms.

Another alternative is the injection method of contraception that covers the woman for 3 months at a time and comes in at the same price of 3 months supply of good contraceptive pills. 20 minutes at the hospital and it is done. 1,150 Baht.

As for the rest. Why pay for the 'hangers on'?

The rest of the family can do without, but some help towards the mother on occasion can work wonders :)

Sounds like you have a good woman on your hands :D

I think you are lucky to found a thai woman who want to save money in your pocket cause many of them not usually do that. I have heard some Thai girls talked about farang men and I think you know how they talk about farang men.. all about money. I feel bad to hear that.

It's possible that your wife might afraid to fly alone. I really know how it feel when I have to take many hours in a bus.. anyway, if she happy to do that. That's the best