Cat And Max Net Problem In Pattaya

thesyndicate

Ok before you all say that internet is bad anyway last week me and my friend in the same soi have had a strange problem with the internet "cash" stops working. Every 20 min or so you need to turn off the modem to get to a new website. Skype and MSN keeps working but www does not work.

My and my friend and CAT and another guy have MAX same problem, well CAT provides MAX with internet.

Ok before you all say that internet is bad anyway last week me and my friend in the same soi have had a strange problem with the internet "cash" stops working. Every 20 min or so you need to turn off the modem to get to a new website. Skype and MSN keeps working but www does not work.

My and my friend and CAT and another guy have MAX same problem, well CAT provides MAX with internet.

I was having trouble too and I just switched to the opendns nameservers.

www.opendns.com

If you edit your connection and manually set the dns servers it might fix your problem.

Our nameservers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

I have the max net premier 2MB/1MB and it has been very good up until this month with a lot of dns problems. Then i was asked to sign a new contract at there shop in Pattaya for a upgrade to 3MB/1MB and today it was so bad I could not get most of the web sites. They always get something wrong when they do these upgrades . So I spent about 2 hours trying to setup my router with the openDns but I got there in the end and everything is now working great so I would say go to www.opendns.com and get it setup.

Regards

Scotsman

there was a problem today that started at about 2:30am, the connection is good but only a few sites would download, I found using a proxy solved it but it seems ok now so maybe that had nothing to do with it

question for you guys... any of you using a store bought ADSL modem in lieu of the Maxnet modem?

and my update, internet is back up to snuff with Maxnet. i was poking around my TP-Link modem (i don't use the Maxnet modem) and noticed that somehow my VPI was changed from 0 to 1 and my VCI was set to 32 instead of 33. i made the change back, rebooted and everything was right in the world. very strange.

for those also having issues, what can get you ahead is to get off the Maxnet modem (which i'll assume that most have a wireless router daisy-chained to it) and grab a 1500baht ADSL2+/Wifi modem-in-one. if you are familiar with tooling around with a router or willing to research the how-to and don't mind spending a few bucks, give it a shot. the Maxnet modems (and the Thompson modems from TOT) are pieces of junk.

thoughts?