Drunk Finds Novel Way To Extinguish Fire

soundman

Drunk finds novel way to extinguish fire

THE police were recently alerted by staff at the Tri Virtue Foundation that a fire had broken out at one of the workers houses in Soi Sugar Factory, Moo 12, and that at least one person was injured.

Arriving on the scene, Police Sub-lieutenant Seksuk Atorngijjawut, discovered a small house, close to some containers, which was still smouldering, but which had been entirely covered in dirt. Mystified, the police officer spoke to the home owner, Mr. Somjet Sookyadia, aged 24 from Surin, who explained the events which had led to the incident.

He told officers that he had been out drinking with friends, when he returned home, his lovely wife was nowhere to be seen, however, he saw the start of a fire in the house. He immediately mounted his bike to get help from his neighbours, unfortunately, being so inebriated, he fell off, seriously hurting his leg. In despair, and seeing a JCB close by, he decided to coat his house with earth to extinguish the fire. As a result of the fire, and his novel way of trying to extinguish it, the house and all its contents were a complete write off.

He believes his wife must have left a candle burning when she left earlier in the evening, this was the cause of the fire, he denied deliberately setting fire to his own home. However, Mr. Pradit, who reported the fire to the police, believes the man was furious that his wife was not home when he returned, and in a fit of temper, set fire to the house to teach her a lesson. He believes the man used the JCB in an attempt to cover up his pyrotechnic shenanigans. A police report has been made and they will endeavour to find out the true facts.

Article.

Pattaya Today 2009 06 19

Okay. I learned another one today:

JCB = J.C. Bamford Excavators Limited

We're probably talking about a backhoe, right?

I wonder why I've never seen any JCB equipment in California. Now that I know about it, I probably will see some.