Ais Gprs Billing

phazey

Hi,

A while ago, i heard AIS were changing their billing from KB downloaded to minutes online. I just got my bill and discovered i am still being charged per downloaded data.

I dont mind this month's charge, but the wife went off her tree. I just about talked her out of cutting it off.....

Anyways, we have also got DTAC with GPRS enabled that is on the per minute scheme - but for some reason it will not allo wmy laptop to connect.....

P

To change to a bill-by-the-minute package, you have to register with them and specify how many hours per month you want to buy (you're charged for them whether you use them or not). If you don't sign up specially, the "default" billing formula is per KB.

Hi,

A while ago, i heard AIS were changing their billing from KB downloaded to minutes online. I just got my bill and discovered i am still being charged per downloaded data.

I dont mind this month's charge, but the wife went off her tree. I just about talked her out of cutting it off.....

Anyways, we have also got DTAC with GPRS enabled that is on the per minute scheme - but for some reason it will not allo wmy laptop to connect.....

P

can u tell me abt the per minute charges for DTAC?

i use DTAC with the SME package.

i got GPRS for 900something/month. and am happy with it. sometimes even use my XDA II as a wireless modem and my pc is on the web....no problems.

what equipment do u use for usin gprs on yr pc? dtac should work with the following settings :-

Access point name : www.dtac.co.th

username : wap

password : 123

im using AIS GPRS...Well you will have to call up the AIS Customer center and tell them that you would like to register for the Per min bill..Or else you will still be paying the per K service......

There are alot of pakage that Ais PRovide....im using the 900baht per month and its unlimited hours ....

Cheers

Tytus

> can u tell me abt the per minute charges for DTAC?

> i use DTAC with the SME package.

Exactly what I use. I opted for 30MB monthly for 99 baht. There's others available as well, including plans charged by the hour which I consider un-Gprs-like. :o

I mostly use it on the phone itself tho (Symbian) for browsing, email, instant messaging ((!) so HAS to be a by the MB scheme) and some BBCNews wap.

Cheers,

Chanchao

When AIS introduced time-based charging for GPRS they did so only for pre-paid accounts and new subscribers. People holding existing subscriptions were left on based charging, but are free to request a switch.

If your laptop won't connect, you probably need to enter extra a modem initialisation string in your PC, the DTAC settings are here

Edited by Crushdepth

I signed up with a new phone for GPRS 900 baht 450 hours a month plan. It was super and the connections were pretty good. I used it for several months and never was billed more than the agreed to amount, never that is until January bill came at 7500 baht.

When I called to find out what was happening they told me the promotion was over and if I wanted it renewed I would have to tell them to renew it. Of course I went balistic since I have been on another ais promotion for 5 years without needing to renew it, but the bottom line was that I had to pay it and request they renew the promotion.

I also was informed that if I wanted my bills sent out in English that all I had to do was call the 1175 number and request it.

Live and learn and sometimes burn a bit.

Edited by Wash

I mostly use it on the phone itself tho (Symbian) for browsing, email, instant messaging ((!) so HAS to be a by the MB scheme)  and some BBCNews wap.

Try get hold of Opera for Symbian, then use it to browse the plain text version of the website - you'll never go back! :D

Really hope they don't switch to per-minute on DTAC without telling me first. My GRPS is always on... :o