New Bars In Chiang Mai

Paagai

Another new bar is scheduled to open in CM this week. Yum Boi Boi will be located in Santitham Plaza right next to Fit bar (Fun Thai Gay bar). Apparently a Farang has financed a bunch of boys from the night bazzar to open a new bar. According to their website the opening party is tomorrow (23 June) see yum-boi-boi.com for details. It looks like they've put a lot of effort into making the place nice, but wth references to "Thai Schoolboys" and "Hill tribe boys" on the web site I wonder how long they'll be around?

Not sure this will work so well, the owners of Santitham plaza have strong views on what they want the place to be like, apparently didn't want any bars there, but relented when none of the shops there could make it (at its peak there were about 15 bars on the bar strip, but half have since gone bust too :D ). The owners control what goes on very tightly so not sure what the reaction to the boy whores will be :)

Apart from a few in the know, thai speaking ex-pats the bars here are Farang free hangouts for Thai students, most of whom will not come back if this bar starts getting the same Farang patrons the night bazzar attracts. The other bar owners will not be happy! There's also the traditonal tribal gang rivalry between the night bazzar and Chang Puek boys; this bar is right in enemy teritory so to speak............ I think its a brave move opening there, wish them luck, they will need it!

I hear the other new bar opening in a couple of weeks is called Cockpit - next to Spirit house restaurant. This will redefine sleaze in Chinag mai, a friend who went for a preview tells me it has Pole dancing and a room with erm "glory holes" where you can sample the merchandise so to speak......and thats more than enough information for TV, just use you imagination.

• 3 weeks later...
Another new bar is scheduled to open in CM this week. Yum Boi Boi will be located in Santitham Plaza right next to Fit bar (Fun Thai Gay bar). Apparently a Farang has financed a bunch of boys from the night bazzar to open a new bar. According to their website the opening party is tomorrow (23 June) see yum-boi-boi.com for details. It looks like they've put a lot of effort into making the place nice, but wth references to "Thai Schoolboys" and "Hill tribe boys" on the web site I wonder how long they'll be around?

Not sure this will work so well, the owners of Santitham plaza have strong views on what they want the place to be like, apparently didn't want any bars there, but relented when none of the shops there could make it (at its peak there were about 15 bars on the bar strip, but half have since gone bust too :D ). The owners control what goes on very tightly so not sure what the reaction to the boy whores will be :)

Apart from a few in the know, thai speaking ex-pats the bars here are Farang free hangouts for Thai students, most of whom will not come back if this bar starts getting the same Farang patrons the night bazzar attracts. The other bar owners will not be happy! There's also the traditonal tribal gang rivalry between the night bazzar and Chang Puek boys; this bar is right in enemy teritory so to speak............ I think its a brave move opening there, wish them luck, they will need it!

I hear the other new bar opening in a couple of weeks is called Cockpit - next to Spirit house restaurant. This will redefine sleaze in Chinag mai, a friend who went for a preview tells me it has Pole dancing and a room with erm "glory holes" where you can sample the merchandise so to speak......and thats more than enough information for TV, just use you imagination.

Dragon King has closed! Cream bar and Cruise bar are on their knees. Secrets appears to have all the customers around. Your postings are very dated.

So sorry Golden Ball and it's successor, G-Ball, have fallen over. It seems you are not infallible after all.

DekDee

Dragon King has closed! Cream bar and Cruise bar are on their knees. Secrets appears to have all the customers around. Your postings are very dated.

So sorry Golden Ball and it's successor, G-Ball, have fallen over. It seems you are not infallible after all.

DekDee

What on earth are you going on about? I never mentioned any of the bars you refer to in the above - where did that come from? Are you on something or making a newbie attempt at a flame?

And what is G-ball? The guys who were behind Golden Ball moved to Radchada Cafe which is still there though I believe only open at weekends during rainy season. BTW, the Radchada website (Radchada.com) has a good list of CM bars which is usually up to date.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't visit Secret's bar if it was the only gay bar in CM. Cruise/Cream are well known as the sleazeball pedo bars; if that's your thing enough said!

Dear Paagai,

Thanks for the update which is timely because I have to spend the last week-end of July in CM.

Any news, please, on the opening of the new Adams Apple (upstairs I mean)?

Dear Paagai,

Thanks for the update which is timely because I have to spend the last week-end of July in CM.

:D

Last I heard about Adams, upstairs will open early to mid August, sorry, probably too late for you! Believe they are busy recruiting many new Issan dancers :D

Cockpit still hasn't opened, probably still looking for "waiters", apparently they only want large one's and are having difficulty finding them :)

Club Grooves, formerly known as Doi Boys for many years has now shut for good. :D Freeguy, New My Way and Circle all still doing OK with plenty of Thai customers but few Farangs. Coffee boy closed down a few months back.

Soho is still OK, La-vie-en-rose is very quiet, but the adjacent restaurant is worth a vist, yum-boi-boi (see OP) is dead, night bazzar is like a museum, or was that mausoleum?

Plenty of massage places, times are hard but they still seem to be attracting cute staff.

Hope that helps some more - enjoy!!!!!!!

Dear Paagai,

:D

Last I heard about Adams, upstairs will open early to mid August, sorry, probably too late for you! Believe they are busy recruiting many new Issan dancers :D

Cockpit still hasn't opened, probably still looking for "waiters", apparently they only want large one's and are having difficulty finding them :)

Club Grooves, formerly known as Doi Boys for many years has now shut for good. :D Freeguy, New My Way and Circle all still doing OK with plenty of Thai customers but few Farangs. Coffee boy closed down a few months back.

Soho is still OK, La-vie-en-rose is very quiet, but the adjacent restaurant is worth a vist, yum-boi-boi (see OP) is dead, night bazzar is like a museum, or was that mausoleum?

Plenty of massage places, times are hard but they still seem to be attracting cute staff.

Hope that helps some more - enjoy!!!!!!!

Thanks. Appreciate your nice summary.

• 1 month later...
A flame has been deleted. If this thread cannot remain civil, it will be closed pending updates by members. Please do read the forum rules and the subforum guidelines.

Well, here's a civilized update :): Adam's still not open, maybe another two weeks? Cockpit (or whatever they're going to call it)still not open too, maybe its a man thing :D

Metro bar is getting busier plus lots of eye candy hanging around now in anticipation of the great opening upstairs. Soho is always busy but a mainly Farang crowd. Radchada is closed for rainy season as the owner is caring for a sick family member.

Talk of the town is the very ambitious Lanna Lavender hotel project (A new gay hotel taking over the old Japanese hotel next to Chiang Mai Ram 1 Hospital on the corner of the moat with Huay Kaew rd). They promise several new entertainment venues including go-go and caberet shows, gay massage, cocktail bar, rooftop terrace, pool etc. Complete self contained gay resort that will totally transform the fortunes of the tourist industry in Chiang Mai as thousands of pink visitors flock to this new five star attraction. Pattaya and Bangkok take note - lock up your young men :D Also, a great place for sagging old queens to convalesce in style after that little nip and tuck job next door :D

Paradise bar is apparently moving to a new location on Loy Kroh road, rumours are that some of the other Night Bazzar bars will relocate to the Chang Puek area soon, but still just a rumour for now.

A flame has been deleted. If this thread cannot remain civil, it will be closed pending updates by members. Please do read the forum rules and the subforum guidelines.

Well, here's a civilized update :): Adam's still not open, maybe another two weeks? Cockpit (or whatever they're going to call it)still not open too, maybe its a man thing :D

Metro bar is getting busier plus lots of eye candy hanging around now in anticipation of the great opening upstairs. Soho is always busy but a mainly Farang crowd. Radchada is closed for rainy season as the owner is caring for a sick family member.

Talk of the town is the very ambitious Lanna Lavender hotel project (A new gay hotel taking over the old Japanese hotel next to Chiang Mai Ram 1 Hospital on the corner of the moat with Huay Kaew rd). They promise several new entertainment venues including go-go and caberet shows, gay massage, cocktail bar, rooftop terrace, pool etc. Complete self contained gay resort that will totally transform the fortunes of the tourist industry in Chiang Mai as thousands of pink visitors flock to this new five star attraction. Pattaya and Bangkok take note - lock up your young men :D Also, a great place for sagging old queens to convalesce in style after that little nip and tuck job next door :D

Paradise bar is apparently moving to a new location on Loy Kroh road, rumours are that some of the other Night Bazzar bars will relocate to the Chang Puek area soon, but still just a rumour for now.

Thanks for the update, Lanna Lavendar looks interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

This is starting to sound like a stuck record............. but the rumour is Adam's will DEFINITELY open in about two weeks, apparently everything is ready to go, just the last finishing touches to put in place. Their new website is also live - check out adamsappleclub.com

High season in Chiang Mai should be spoilt for Cabaret shows as the Old Simon Cabaret venue is under renovation and will be re-opened as The Playhouse. The advertising looks pretty camp :D and its a big venue so will be great to have something like that back in Chiang Mai. Power boys at the Lavender Lanna hotel is also promising "three high-energy and quality shows each night starring the stunning Lavender Cabaret with Thailand’s famous lady boys" and I heard Adam's also has some ladyboy treats in store :D

The new bar next to Spirit Hose is now has a large sign saying "Happy Dicks"; the final name was certainly imaginative :) no sign of the doors opening yet :D There are rumours of a couple of other new gay bars opening in Santitham area for high season too.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been to the Adam's apple yet ? Dirt must be dished.

Indeed :):D I don't know about dirt but some of the cute things I saw there were very dishy :D I posted more details in another thread here: Adam's Apple Thread

Quick update on other bars too. Yum Boi Boi has closed, though they are saying they will re-open in October. Happy Dick's/Cockpit never happened. They got as fars as putting up a sign then gave up. A couple of other new places in town are Classic Boys and Dton Fai (Dunno if I spelt that right).

Everyone is waiting with bated breath for the Lavender Lanna hotel and Power Boys night club to open though this seems to have sparked some controversy locally - see: Chiang Mai Forum - Another Gay Scandal Brewing, Opening of Lavender Lanna Hotel

Also a new website with regular updates on the Chaing Mai scene is gayinchiangmai.com from the people behind Radchada.

Edited by Paagai