Cancelling Ubc One Contract

R123

I am downsizing and will move to a smaller place so want to get rid of my UBC one year platinum contract paid in advance with about 6 months remaining.

No intention to take UBC with me as its mainly crap except for some live sport which I can get for " free" on the internet.

Has anyone had similar experience re cancelling a one year contract early?

How is the best way to approach UBC to get refund of the months remaining?

Or will I just have to write it off?

Many thanks any input.

I will guarantee that there is no way you will get any kind of refund.

I once wanted to do the opposite. I had paid a year in advance, and half way through the contract I wanted to increase my subscription by adding another card to the contract.

They refused. Told me I have to wait until the existing contract expired, or take out a new contract for the new card, rather than adding the second card to my old contract, whic would have been cheaper.

They are the biggest bunch of stupid , 'unbusiness like' bstrds I have ever come across.

They once told me that i had to have an additional dish on my roof for each box I had installed. It was complete rubbish, but the idiot bitch on their customer service phone insisted it was so. I asked her what happens in a 5 hundred room hotel. Five hundred dishes?

So now I watch all their fcking channels (including pay per view) free through an internet unscrambling connection, and when my subscription expires it will not be renewed.

I am downsizing and will move to a smaller place so want to get rid of my UBC one year platinum contract paid in advance with about 6 months remaining.

No intention to take UBC with me as its mainly crap except for some live sport which I can get for " free" on the internet.

Many thanks any input.

I'm so happy I cancelled UBC, milked me for years for less than perfect service. I got 1,000 deposit back. :)

Many thanks any input.

I'm so happy I cancelled UBC, milked me for years for less than perfect service. I got 1,000 deposit back. :D

How much was the deposit?  Mine was 4000 and after many years I got back the whole 4000.  its a deposit on the set and dish and some wear don't matter.  I had to bug them twice a month for three months and then after it was over 90days past due I informed them on a friday moring that Wed. morning I would file a police report   I have my receipts for everything.  I got a call monday afternoon the check was ready.  Many of the local dealers are not really UBC themself just a dealer.  They should have given you a check from UBC not cash nor a check from themself.  or maybe they never gave UBC your deposit in the first place. :)

As far as canceling goes they may or may not.   Go ahead and ask nice its up to them, sometimes they may just for good will, but its a contract if they don't its not thier fault.

I never had a paid in advance contract. I had the service for quite a few years including moving from Jomtien to Loei. The move cost me a thousand baht. I very seldom watch TV so my wife decided to cancel the service. I was VERY surprised to get 4,500 baht back. It took 45 days but we indeed got the deposit refund.

• 1 month later...

If you know who is moving in after you, maybe you could transfer the contract to them? It may be a way to get a bit of your cash back.

We get very poor TV here with an aerial, so for us UBC is great. I ordered the silver package, but they managed to get my gf to sign for the gold when they installed it. They then told me that I had to keep gold for 6 months before downgrading. I kicked up a bit in the office and they found that they were able to change it to the silver package. Apart from that, I've been very pleased with the reception and service.

Judging by other people's comments I guess that I've been lucky.