Dialing 191 Or 1155

craigslist

Have never dialed either as I haven't had anything to report but I am hoping to hear some positive reviews.

Had a rip off problem over a phone card/docket at a store in North pattaya in Feb. Rang several times & got the message the 1155 number was not allocated. Then after 4 attempts at 191 got a female gave me another number , local Police they could not attend as they had no vehicle available or something like that , hard to tell over the laughing about my complaint. (Farang want help Ha Ha Ha )

As a Tourist (long time & never asked for help EVER , wondered why I bothered) Tourist Police Not there .

In my own mind hoped that one of them came to my bailiwick & rang for Police Assistance & I was the responding Officer. Got over it the next day , it is Patts after all.

C'est la Vie..Murphys Law

:)

Called first time given a number to call that was not relevent, so called a second time, she hung up as I started to ask the question again.

Did phone 1155 on several occassions. Was connected to the Tourist Police in Bangkok (??)

They're not able to connect you to TP in Pattaya and they even don't know what the phone number is of the TP in PTT.

Anyway........save the following landline-number for the Tourist Police Reception: 038-429371

Called first time given a number to call that was not relevent, so called a second time, she hung up as I started to ask the question again.

Did phone 1155 on several occassions. Was connected to the Tourist Police in Bangkok (??)

They're not able to connect you to TP in Pattaya and they even don't know what the phone number is of the TP in PTT.

Anyway........save the following landline-number for the Tourist Police Reception: 038-429371

Thank you! :)

TOP TIP

Upon arrival into Thailand at Bangkok Airport, if approached by bogus customs, or bogus police officers who say they want to 'search your luggage' or 'check your wallet for counterfeit cash', threaten to call the Tourist Police on your mobile, then they will go away and pick on someone else. Works every time!

Oh yes - the TP in Pattaya. Is that those two old falang who sit at he back of the police station foyer on Beach Road/soi 9 who chat intensely to each other, ignoring the steady trail of falang coming in the front door looking hopelessly lost (like I was having been robbed by my hotel management) and in need of some friendly direction?