Downloaded File Types - How To Handle Them

torrenova

I've got some new (to me) file types I've downloaded. They are .bin and .cue file extensions. I've hit the google obviously and they talk about emulators and that just reminds me about old computer game emulators from the 1980s so I thought I'd ask a higher authority, you guys !

If I need to download something, then what ? options ?

Also, what about burning things to DVD ? My old Nero 8 went AWOL to Tai only a while back and I need something which will work. I can burn dual layer (or is it play ?) with the HP system I've got but ???

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Intel Quad Core 8200 64 bit.

Google came back with the CD image stuff but a couple are 400k and that has got to be the tv bit as well as there is nothing else of any size. I had Nero but is just imploded into Thai. Do you recommend I go back to an eariler version or what ?

No idea what ISO buster is.

It sounds like you are just testing the waters of torrent downloading. We've all done and got files we couldn't open. First option is read the torrent comments as some other guy already has your problem. Next Google. Also if you don't know what you are doing make sure your security software is up to date or it will end in tears.

It sounds like you are just testing the waters of torrent downloading. We've all done and got files we couldn't open. First option is read the torrent comments as some other guy already has your problem. Next Google. Also if you don't know what you are doing make sure your security software is up to date or it will end in tears.

Sorry but no, I've been downloading stuff for quite a long time but have never come across this extension. I am also on a new PC which does not have all the downloaded stuff I had on the old one, I'm also on Vista for the first time and also on 64 bit.

So do you know the answer or what ? I know I could spend endless time on google and probably resolve all life's outstanding unknowns but I'd rather trade what I know (now or later) for someone who does know to just post up.

Since you are downloading torrents then download ALCOHOL 120%, this is an image mounting program. It will mount the image files like a real cd/dvd. It is a fake DVD drive. Then you can use the image like you just popped in a cd. Also download a new Nero if you want to burn it.

You get all angry and insulted but you talk like someone who has very little knowledge of computers. Don't be angry about it, you don't seem to know why Nero isnt working for you and you don't know what an image file is or what to do with it, this means you are a beginner. The reason the last poster suggested you research it yourself is because that is how we all became more knowledgeable about computers and went from beginner to intermediate or advanced.

I've got some new (to me) file types I've downloaded. They are .bin and .cue file extensions.

Are they movies? They're most likely VCDs. Download Daemon Tools and mount the image as a virtual drive. Then download and open Isobuster, select the virtual drive, open the folder that's named MPGAV in the left-hand frame, select all the DAT files in the right-hand window, right click and select 'Extract but filter only M2F2 Mpeg frames.' save these files with an mpg extention. Burn to disk. These should play fine in any standalone DVD player.

So do you know the answer or what ?

Sorry I was busy earlier. Just looked on my hard disk and I have PowerISO, ISObuster and WinMount available to install. I found them all the way I mentioned. I don't think they were free, but all were on torrent. There could be updates out by now - I haven't used them in several months.

I think it's possible to download English language pack for Nero, I've done it before.

It's good, easy to use, though you might find that Alcohol120 is better. I use PowerIso for opening .bin/.cue files and other CD images, but it doesn't do file conversion, I use Nero for that.

Actually I use Linux, it's all covered there already, I mean when I boot into Windows I use PowerIso, and, frankly speaking, I never bother with converting videos to burn them.

I They are .bin and .cue file extensions.

This is an image format. The .cue file is a normal text file giving additional instructions on how to burn the data in the .bin file. The data can be many things, most likely music or video files. Both the .cue and .bin file need to be in the same folder.

If you are certain this is a media file, you can can download Imgburn (freeware) and burn it directly to CDR or CDRW, if the data is less than the size of the disc capacity.

OR,

You can open the image, by using a "virtual drive"". Some good ones have already been suggested above. Another, is Elby Virtual Clone drive (freeware). Once you mount the .cue/.bin image in the virtual drive, you can copy the files over to your hard drive.

OR,

As recommended above, you can download IsoBuster (shareware), open the image and "extract" the image contents to your hard drive. Using IsoBuster for CD images is essentially freeware(but nagging).

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Intel Quad Core 8200 64 bit.

Search Google and read up the DRM feature of Vista. This is a feature that may be preventing you from opening some media files from torrents.

This is one reason I am still using XP.