Lost My Departure Card - And Now ?

Just checked my passport before leaving to Japan and noticed that I have lost my departure card. Did anyone encounter this problem ? Will they simply fill out a new one at the Airport ?

Any help is appriciated.

Edited by asia_pilot

If you had time you could get one at immigration. But they would also want a police report for it being lost.

At the airport they will just have you fill out a new one. If you have a copy it would help because it would show the number of the lost one.

Most likely there will be no Problems at the airport ? I would like to avoid going to Immigration. I do know that number due to the TM30 reporting :)

You won't have a problem at the Airport. I think there are lots of people that loose them.

If you were on an extension of stay and not planning a trip for awhile you would need to go to immigration.

go to the airport where you entered Thailand and get a copy from Immigration office there. Very simple, no police report needed. You must do this otherwise you will have a problem when leaving. The other alternative is to get to the airport early before you leave so you have plenty of time to get a new card.

I have never had it stapled into my passport (although I do so) and if it is you have to remove each time you photo copy (both sides) so it may not be attached for all.

Edited by lopburi3

As your departure card is stapled into your passport I would check you have not lost that to ,,,amazing Thailand full of amazing ? people

Great comment. You are my hero. :)

Well, I guess I will drive to the airport tomorrow and see what can be done, as I am getting mixed answers and dont want any mess upon my departure. Does anyone know where Immigration on the airport is located ?

Edited by asia_pilot

In copy-shops you pay less than ONE baht for a copy. So copy both sides of that card and copy the first page of your passport too. Do you have a computer and scanner ? Scan the stuff. Or transfer the number of that card and your passport into your email account. A few simple things can prevent a lot of problems. And time and money.

In copy-shops you pay less than ONE baht for a copy. So copy both sides of that card and copy the first page of your passport too. Do you have a computer and scanner ? Scan the stuff. Or transfer the number of that card and your passport into your email account. A few simple things can prevent a lot of problems. And time and money.

Not sure if you have even read this entire tread. How can I copy something which is lost ??? :)

Not sure if you have even read this entire tread. How can I copy something which is lost ??? :)

I think he meant that you should make a copy so that if you were to lose it that would make things easier.

Just take care of it when you go to the airport to leave. It won't be a problem or any large delay.

Immigration and the airlines probably handle many cases of lost departure cards everyday. They even have blank cards at the check in counters.

Sorry Prajak, I had understood you wrong.

Well, here is my update. Went to the police this morning to file a report. After a quick chat with the 'boss' he was proud to show me his German furniture in his office and helped me in getting a report done.

Next, driving 40min to Ayuttaya. Immigration was crouded ( over the nice quite and relaxed times there ) I was told that he couldnt do anything and I 'must' go to Suan Plu before my departure. So made a race down to Suan Plu and arrived there after lunch. Here it was crouwded too, but I was lucky enough to find a parking spot in front :) . Went to the 'info' desk and was told not to worry. Just go to the airport, show your police report and they will take care of it.

After all, almost an entire day wasted for nothing :D . Not sure why they make such a problem with these poaper cards. In every country you just fill out a dupe and leave ......

I hope everything goes smooth tomorrow.