Apartments In Chaing Mai

jatuttle

I almost called this, "Short time Apartments," but decided not to.

My wife and I used to live in CM about 8 years ago and are coming to for about a month in July. We would like to rent an apartment. Can anyone suggest a good one in the area of $6000 baht or so? A fridge and stove are of course needed.

Thanks

Jim Tuttle

Most apartments rented month to month are called serviced apartments. The kitchen facilities are usually very limited consisting of a fridge, and maybe a microwave oven. You can purchase a hot plate and use it for cooking if you decide to go this way. Serviced apartments usually include a cleaning service and a weekly change of linen and towels which are provided.

However, if you go into some of the condominium offices, they may have an owner who has something to rent for a month or so. Usually condos have a bit more of a kitchen than serviced apartments, however you may have to bring your own sheets and towels, etc.

You might have more luck placing a classified ad in City Life magazine or the Chiang Mai mail than posting on TV.

I almost called this, "Short time Apartments," but decided not to.

Think the word you are looking for might be "term". Short term apartments. Many places offer short term rental (and are familiar with this terminology)..but sorry, i dont have recommendations, just thought you might like to know what to ask for.

I actually think its been discussed somewhere in this cm forum before, so if you dont get much feedback here, a quick search under 'rental apartments' or something might bring something up for you.

gl.