Michael Owen

Sparkles

Its interesting, now thatMichael Owen has indicated he has no desire to play in the Championship with Newcastle,that the main interest,in his services, seems to be coming from the lesser lights, Hull and Stoke apparently being 2 clubs that are interested. Must be a blow, if true, to the Owen ego, if he has one, that the big clubs are not excatly breaking their necks to sign him. I glanced last night at this incredible 32 page brochure that has ben produced to promote Owen as a marketable product and as a sideline he also plays football. How demeaning is that for a player that once was one of the greatest. So whats his level, bearing in mind, he has done very little in recent memory ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about this the other day. I don't understand why none of the big teams seem to be interested in taking a bit of a gamble on him. His wages might be high but it wouldn't take much money to sign him by the sounds of it.

If he is fit and given a run of games, i reckon he still has a lot to offer and put in a good team really could make a renaissance of his career.

Manchester City. I hear that they're short of a few strikers. :)

Shows how much his stokk has fallen when they pay 18 mill for a average forward when he's available for free.

He was dreadful for Newcastle last season, granted the creativity of Butt and Nolan never supplied him with chances but the few he did get were missed, unless someone does all the donkey work creating a chance for him he's not going to score as he has no pace now and no skills to beat a man, both of which where what made him a cut above in his teenage years.

I bet one of the big clubs signs him for a pennies on the dollar salary.

I picture it going like this:

The summer wears on and the only interested parties are the likes of Stoke and Hull. Owen will be shitting himself watching his career slide down the crapper and thinking about playing for a club which spends 90% of training practicing throw-ins.

Along comes the likes of Sir Alex and says "I'll give you 20K a week, but i chance to be great again"...think he wont take a massive pay cut to get a second chance?

If he has any shred of pride/ambition left he will....on the other hand if he doesn't he'll milk the likes of Hull all the way to relegation...

Edited by dave111223

The reason the little parasite hasnt signed for a club is because if he gets to july 1st without having signed for anyone he gets an extra months wages about 4-500k in compensation .... the greedy useless Welsh <deleted>.

We can thank Freddie Shepherd for that, the man about to buy back Newcastle.

Edited by sanmiguellight

been linked with olympiakos this week. i struggle to think of many players whose stars fell so dramatically as owen's.

Fowler, Ronaldo, Mcmanaman

Well Robbie Fowler is currently getting a tan in Nth Queensland playing for the new A league team. Of course he has a groin injury at the moment and cant play which probably will be an ongoing pattern during his stay there. If your star is going to fall there are worse places you could be , pass the sun block please

Sweet Jesus No

redissue

Thursday, 2nd July 2009

Rumours abound of a pay-per-play deal for Michael Owen

Put your fingers in your ears and pray real hard folks.

More news soon. :D

I know how some of you will be praying..... :)

redrus

just watched nbt sports news heard micheal owen and manchester united i thought oh no he iscomming to us.

well he doeslike the ponys so fergie can share tips with him.

as for playing for us 5- 6 years ago he was a great striker, now acripplewho has lost his pace.

on a free and a pay per play deal could work out,but i would rather van nistleroy back or give the young players a run in the team.

I bet one of the big clubs signs him for a pennies on the dollar salary.

I picture it going like this:

The summer wears on and the only interested parties are the likes of Stoke and Hull. Owen will be shitting himself watching his career slide down the crapper and thinking about playing for a club which spends 90% of training practicing throw-ins.

Along comes the likes of Sir Alex and says "I'll give you 20K a week, but i chance to be great again"...think he wont take a massive pay cut to get a second chance?

If he has any shred of pride/ambition left he will....on the other hand if he doesn't he'll milk the likes of Hull all the way to relegation...

Did i predict it or what :)

Sweet Jesus No

redissue

Thursday, 2nd July 2009

redrus

I'm praying Red, I'm really praying.

Bugger off you Chester Ponce....... :D

Far better off with Macheda & Wellbeck than that old has been.

:D

Now I see the "Telegraph" is saying it's almost done & dusted...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ter-United.html

Next they'll be telling me that this guy will be rejoining us........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/5722930...gio-Armani.html

Edited by LeungKen

been linked with olympiakos this week. i struggle to think of many players whose stars fell so dramatically as owen's.

Fowler, Ronaldo, Mcmanaman

mcmanaman? he went to real madrid and won the european cup.

owen to united is bizarre. neither party really has anything to lose from the deal but to lose ronaldo and tevez and replace them with valencia and owen is frankly weird.

i prefer the episode where owen transfers to united and snaps his cruciate ligament on his debut ken. then while lying injured gets mauled to death by a tiger.

he was already unpopular with liverpool fans, now he'll be fuc_king airbrushed from the history books.

i prefer the episode where owen transfers to united and snaps his cruciate ligament on his debut ken. then while lying injured gets mauled to death by a tiger.

he was already unpopular with liverpool fans, now he'll be fuc_king airbrushed from the history books.

:)

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the greedy little dwarf. His main attribute has always been pace, and he's lost that. I really can't see him being a central part of Uniteds plans, but I guess he might be ideal for wheeling (literaly) of the bench. Pay as you play for this muppet is the only way to go.

Sweet Jesus No

redissue

Thursday, 2nd July 2009

Could be a master stroke Red ?

:D

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the greedy little dwarf. His main attribute has always been pace, and he's lost that. I really can't see him being a central part of Uniteds plans, but I guess he might be ideal for wheeling (literaly) of the bench. Pay as you play for this muppet is the only way to go.

I find it hard to believe that a successful and knowledgable manager like Ferguson can actually be considering buying Owen. Owen hasn't scored since January and the lack off effort shown by him as Newastle plumeted last season was pathetic. 100k a week and he gave Newcastle <deleted> all back. wanke_r!!! :) .

I know a lot of people, esp Liverpool fans, have their own reasons for disliking the guy and that's fair enough. For me i have no strong feelings on him as a person, but as a football player i think he's being written off too quickly. Yes he's lost some of his pace and he needs to find form, but at the end of the day he's only 29, he'll be very cheap, and he still has the goal scoring instinct in him i believe.

Edited by rixalex