Ubon Hash House Harriers

bergen

The 12th Hash (and hence the First Annual Run - FAR) of the UHHH will take place on the first Saturday (4th) of July 2009. Everyone is welcome to attend, especially those from out of area, those that have lapsed and those that have always said they would attend but never did (you know who you are). New (aka ‘virgin’) Hashers are always welcome. Let everyone know.

As general information; the run will start approximately 1700 (5pm) at the (yet to be) designated run-site. There will be at least two trails; the long 7-10km and the short 2.5-3.5km for the not so fit and/or inexperienced.

Keep a lookout for details of the FAR (A long long way to run!) in the local Farang Bars, the UHHH board is in the N-Joy. You should also look at the website www.ubonhash.com, where details of this and previous runs, and guidelines for new hashers, etc. are posted.

:):D

Sorry, i stopped smoking drugs a long time ago.

It's still good to know you can find Hash in Ubon, though. May be more tourists will start going there now that rather than to the fool moon party.

but I'm afraid I don't get every sentence in you rmessage :

[cite]Keep a lookout for details of the FAR (A long long way to run!) in the local Farang Bars, the UHHH board is in the N-Joy.[/cite]

???

You go UHHH after too much Hash in Ubon with Joy ? It has gone too far in the farang bars and you'd better run ? Do they want to get you with a board ?

:)

Sorry, i stopped smoking drugs a long time ago.

It's still good to know you can find Hash in Ubon, though. May be more tourists will start going there now that rather than to the fool moon party.

but I'm afraid I don't get every sentence in you rmessage :

[cite]Keep a lookout for details of the FAR (A long long way to run!) in the local Farang Bars, the UHHH board is in the N-Joy.[/cite]

???

You go UHHH after too much Hash in Ubon with Joy ? It has gone too far in the farang bars and you'd better run ? Do they want to get you with a board ?

:D

Sunsamourai

Since it looks like some further explanation is needed ............... :D

For info. of the run, and what's all about.........as said in the initial topic:

take a look at www.ubonhash.com

But just to add some details for the ignorant..................... :)

FAR = First Annual Run

UHHH = Ubon Hash House Harriers

N'Joy = is a bar and one of the farang meeting points in Ubon

If we see you there..............you might learn more................and have a good time :D

Well planned happening i might add as N'Joy is just oppsite of "Slammer" or the "ROCK" of Ubon :)

Hi Marco

Will we be fortunate to see you there? :D

Edited by bergen

Hope to be there if I can persuade the wife (of what will have been 1 day's marriage by the time the run starts) to go - or let me go

OnOn

Flash Git

Hi SantiSuk

Hope to see you there.....and good luck with your marriage! :)

Well planned happening i might add as N'Joy is just oppsite of "Slammer" or the "ROCK" of Ubon :)

Hi Marco

Will we be fortunate to see you there? :D

Hi Trond

Sorry im busy with my bike re-building,,, but you never know N'Joy is nice place,so i might drop by for coffee,, if there is enough fresh air left..... :D

A house where they sell hash ? But hash like in hashish or like in hash browns ?

And Harrier's the name of the dealer ?

I'm a bit surprised they advertise their trade so openly on TV.

What's next ?

CCC, Crack Cocaine Charlie in Udon ?

Edited by Pierrot

OK, so a bit of explanation is needed.

Actually it's an american veteran stuff. They used to be chased after in the jungle (Vietnam, Philippines, Korea, ...) and when the wars were over, they kind of miss it. So they started this stuff, they run after each other and they get pissed drunk, remind them the good (???) time. On the positive side, there is no more land mines, agent orange, ... so it's much safer for the rest of us. Much more "Hot Shots, Part deux" than Rambo :)

For our Sunday wariors, we have this little song :

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...-the-love_music

A house where they sell hash ? But hash like in hashish or like in hash browns ?

And Harrier's the name of the dealer ?

I'm a bit surprised they advertise their trade so openly on TV.

What's next ?

CCC, Crack Cocaine Charlie in Udon ?

this thread is named UBON HASH HOUSE HARRIERS

you have asked and been given a definition of HHH

if you cannot be bothered or dont have the intelligence to do a google search

can the SMACKHEADS that our trying to railroad the thread please leave

small things amuse small minds

Here's a bit more info about the Hash for those interested:

If you need transport:

A vehicle will leave from the N-Joy at 1630 (4:30pm) SHARP.

If you have transport:

Be at start point at 1645 (4:45pm) SHARP for formalities.

The run will start at 1700 (5:00 pm) SHARP.

There will be two courses: a short (3.5km) and a long (7km).

The run is on dirt roads and trails (with a short touch of concrete for the long) and a water feature.

Directions:

From the Ring Road (Hwy 231)

- Turn North onto Trakan Road (Hwy 2050)

- After 1.7 km turn left onto sealed road (seal ends after 400m)

- After 700m (300m from end of seal) bear right at Y junction.

- After 20m turn right into dirt soi and park your car.

For further directions a google map can be found on www.ubonhash.com

on on :)

Actually it's an american veteran stuff. They used to be chased after in the jungle (Vietnam, Philippines, Korea, ...) and when the wars were over, they kind of miss it. So they started this stuff, they run after each other and they get pissed drunk, remind them the good (???) time. On the positive side, there is no more land mines, agent orange, ... so it's much safer for the rest of us. Much more "Hot Shots, Part deux" than Rambo :)

Just to set things straight, actually it was started by the Brits before WW2. A group of British guys in what was then Malaya started a regular weekly trip from their camp down to the local diner, or "hash house", for food and a few beers. They made it more fun by adding a "paper-chase" style run to the diner. Now there are chapters all over the world - Singapore has at least 8 - who go for a run/walk and then beers and food afterwards; a very social and fun experience, and a good way to meet people when visiting other cities.

Kuala Lumpur still has the "mother hash", the first ever hash chapter, which runs every week, as well as several other chapters. They clocked up their 3000th run a few years ago!

Good luck with the 12th run guys (and girls). In keeping with tradition, I won't be there (I will be in Indonesia, so a good excuse if one was needed).

On on,

Mike (I won't put my hash name here as none of you know it).

Actually it's an american veteran stuff. They used to be chased after in the jungle (Vietnam, Philippines, Korea, ...) and when the wars were over, they kind of miss it. So they started this stuff, they run after each other and they get pissed drunk, remind them the good (???) time. On the positive side, there is no more land mines, agent orange, ... so it's much safer for the rest of us. Much more "Hot Shots, Part deux" than Rambo :D

Just to set things straight, actually it was started by the Brits before WW2. A group of British guys in what was then Malaya started a regular weekly trip from their camp down to the local diner, or "hash house", for food and a few beers. They made it more fun by adding a "paper-chase" style run to the diner. Now there are chapters all over the world - Singapore has at least 8 - who go for a run/walk and then beers and food afterwards; a very social and fun experience, and a good way to meet people when visiting other cities.

Kuala Lumpur still has the "mother hash", the first ever hash chapter, which runs every week, as well as several other chapters. They clocked up their 3000th run a few years ago!

Good luck with the 12th run guys (and girls). In keeping with tradition, I won't be there (I will be in Indonesia, so a good excuse if one was needed).

On on,

Mike (I won't put my hash name here as none of you know it).

Thanks for the informative post Mike :)

Will you be back for the Candle Festivitas?

Thanks for the informative post Mike :)

Will you be back for the Candle Festivitas?

Hi Trond,

No, I will miss it this year. Pity, I really like the candles and the general atmosphere of the event. Everyone has such a good time. I will be back later in July and I will probably drop down to see you.

Lots of fireworks around Tan Sum now, getting ready for Pansa I suppose...

Cheers,

Mike

Tnx all for the info, now I know what we are talking about :)

@ Bergen : sorry I made fun of your thread, but your introductory post really left me in the dark, and I wanted to understand what all those letters stood for.

Have fun for the event ! ^^

Tnx all for the info, now I know what we are talking about :D

@ Bergen : sorry I made fun of your thread, but your introductory post really left me in the dark, and I wanted to understand what all those letters stood for.

Have fun for the event ! ^^

No worries mate............. :D

If you happen to be in the Ubon area on the first Saturday of any month.............

You're most :) to join us and have a good time! :D