Suggestions On Where To Go ...........

TheVinylMan

Me and the good lady have at last got some time off work together next week for 3 days........... wanna get out of bangkok for a few days........... any suggestions on somewhere a bit different??? We have done the Hua Hin, pattaya, jomtien, koh chang, krabi bits just wanna get out the city for a bit.

any suggestions are welcome.

Me and the good lady have at last got some time off work together next week for 3 days........... wanna get out of bangkok for a few days........... any suggestions on somewhere a bit different??? We have done the Hua Hin, pattaya, jomtien, koh chang, krabi bits just wanna get out the city for a bit.

Weston-super-Mare

Weston-super-Mare

:) lol.............. bin there done that ....used to live near Bristol. Too many chavs lol

Weston-super-Mare

:D lol.............. bin there done that ....used to live near Bristol. Too many chavs lol

Please don't tell me Nailsea. :)

Weston-super-Mare

:D lol.............. bin there done that ....used to live near Bristol. Too many chavs lol

Nahbetween Cheddar and Radstock :D

Weston-super-Mare

Nahbetween Cheddar and Radstock :D

That's not chav country. That's one of the best places in the World!

I took the wife down Cheddar Gorge on a visit to Blighty. She couldn't have been less interested the thick . . .

I miss it.

Kanchanaburi is nice, and not far from BKK..

Where's that temple with loads of steps and a funicular railway? Can't remember. It's got a fish fardm at the bottom of the step, catfish I think.

That's nice.

That was going to be one of my suggestions. The province of Kanchanaburi is one of the most beautiful in the Kingdom if you like mountains, lakes and waterfalls. It's only 2 - 3 hours from Bangkok. If you want a slight glimpse of what it has to offer check out Kan Win's photo gallery...

http://www.pbase.com/win13/profile

That was going to be one of my suggestions. The province of Kanchanaburi is one of the most beautiful in the Kingdom if you like mountains, lakes and waterfalls. It's only 2 - 3 hours from Bangkok. If you want a slight glimpse of what it has to offer check out Kan Win's photo gallery...

http://www.pbase.com/win13/profile

And don't forget to take a ride on the Death Railway... wow, I only went the once on my first ever trip to Thailand, it was breathtaking.

hey ............ thanks guys.................... kanchanaburi it is :) ............ i looking forward to that now.............. without sounding cheeky........ do any of you know any reasonable hotels there???

I've always stayed at the VL Lodge on the main street across from a big hotel (Riverside Hotel ?). It's next door to the 7-11 and close to my favorite bar... 4 Nines owned by a Scot. Rates are reasonable (400 baht) and the rooms are clean. But, there a dozens of small guest cottages along the river. The Mt Erawan waterfalls are truly beautiful and you can spend all day there hiking up the steep trail and swimming in the clear water.

Where's that temple with loads of steps and a funicular railway? Can't remember. It's got a fish fardm at the bottom of the step, catfish I think.

That's nice.

Hastings?