Chiang Mai Mayor Stops Working

sriracha john

I don't want to divide my attention. :)

divide your attention? well turn your attention to reading copy and pick up this weeks chiang mai mail read the restaurant review!!. It is the highest praise of any restaurant ever in that rag i have ever read almost a full page,,,

o.k. pick one of the following three ..it is not the duds , nor the lime tree ...it's____

UG you guessed it..!!

I just read the review in the restaurant itself and overheard some satisfied customers speculating that the writer of the article is probably the world famous gatorhead on Thai Visa! :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to divide my attention. :)

divide your attention? well turn your attention to reading copy and pick up this weeks chiang mai mail read the restaurant review!!. It is the highest praise of any restaurant ever in that rag i have ever read almost a full page,,,

o.k. pick one of the following three ..it is not the duds , nor the lime tree ...it's____

UG you guessed it..!!

I just read the review in the restaurant itself and overheard some satisfied customers speculating that the writer of the article is probably the world famous gatorhead on Thai Visa! :D

all joking aside..how do these TV posters say things like: from what i heard , or ... all the thai people i know don't like her ( what people are these their maid?) or my girlfriends aunt told me...

what loads of junk ! who cares what they heard or what they think they heard from all the thai people they know ...

we are not Thai , we are juts guest here .

This i know for sure : The mayor is one of the most educated , beautiful ladies to ho,d office more so than any mayor ever in the 700 years of CM's existance ! at least her PHD degree were not faked nor made in Thailand (as our noble Mr. Mudpie lectured us all in the Payap thread on how a Thailand University degree is just symbolic .. so i guess the CM Thai people should have been happy she has a USA degree ( according to Mr. Mudpie )

on much lighter note the CM mail restaurant reveiw article did seemed to say a few things word for word to my previous fine dining restaurant rant on TV of CM finest of fine dining but it is most likely because it is just wonderful, almost mystical food pulling people in and changing their lifes thru the grandiose joy and contentment granted to them thru such fine dining on the cheap in CM.

Edited by gatorhead333

on much lighter note the CM mail restaurant reveiw article seemed to say a few things word for word to my previous restaurant rant on TV of CM finest of fine dining but it is most likely because it is just wonderful, almost mystical food pulling people in and changing their lifes thru the grandious joy and contentment granted to them with such fine dining on the cheap .

Gator, I have a question.

Are you wearing a pyramid-shaped hat, just now? :)

on much lighter note the CM mail restaurant reveiw article seemed to say a few things word for word to my previous restaurant rant on TV of CM finest of fine dining but it is most likely because it is just wonderful, almost mystical food pulling people in and changing their lifes thru the grandious joy and contentment granted to them with such fine dining on the cheap .

yes, but i justs made of paper... but it seems to work almost as good as my tin foil one.

yes, but i justs made of paper... but it seems to work almost as good as my tin foil one.

Where can I buy one of those hats so I can stop being so serious :D

Dr. Deuntemduang received her master and doctoral degree in Economics from the University of California, Irvine, USA. She started her career by having achieved the rank of captain in the Royal Thai Army, taught at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy, and she has been assistant spokesperson for the Royal Thai Army. She entered politics when she became the deputy spokesperson for the Democrat Party, and sat on a number of working committees for social development. She is now the first lady mayor in the history of Chiang Mai Municipality who is directly elected by those registered residents of Chiang Mai Municipality and has her term for 4 years

http://www.intgcm.thehostserver.com/diary2008_April_08th.htm

No sub leiutenants in the Thai army?

They do... but as someone having obtained a PhD, she would have entered the Army at the rank of Captain...

same as U.S. Army, btw.

Edited by sriracha john

What's supposedly on this video? What's it all about? How does it relate to her domicile issue that removed her? Or does it not have anything to do and is simply smear stuff?

If someone does have a link to it, please PM it to me if for whatever reason they don't want to post it to the thread.

Edited by sriracha john

What's supposedly on this video? What's it all about? How does it relate to her domicile issue that removed her? Or does it not have anything to do and is simply smear stuff?

If someone does have a link to it, please PM it to me if for whatever reason they don't want to post it to the thread.

Me, too. I don't need a link, just an indication of what it is about. It's perfectly alright to say "It was alleged that ....".

Also, can we return to a discussion of what the mayor has achieved/not? Is she just a show pony? If yes, is something going on behind the scenes (o.k., we know there always is, but what, exactly ?

Why, exactly, is she disliked?

Edited by WaiWai

Me, too. I don't need a link, just an indication of what it is about. It's perfectly alright to say "It was alleged that ....".

Also, can we return to a discussion of what the mayor has achieved/not? Is she just a show pony? If yes, is something going on behind the scenes (o.k., we know there always is, but what, exactly ?

all this is sick cheap gossip and since we are not Thai people has not the least bit of relavence so why is this thread even still open after this crapola being brought up?

i think the closed thread asking for help for Mr.T.Beer has more relevance since it was trying to help a fellow farang better his life thru the discovery ad understanding of where to find fine dining in CM!!!

stop talking about this VDO ,turn the page please,or better yet close the book!

However, we can surely discuss the achievenements/non-achievements of public figures here? And opinions of such folk?

I have no issues with that WaiWai just a caution that defamation is a serious issue in Thailand and we need to be careful with accusations. Thanks.

However, we can surely discuss the achievements/non-achievements of public figures here? And opinions of such folk?

Edit: previous comment not directed at Tywais.

I don't particularly care about the alleged item :) , other than if it has a direct bearing on the official work of the person in question. I understand such matters should be written about with caution.

Edited by WaiWai

all this is sick cheap gossip and since we are not Thai people has not the least bit of relavence so why is this thread even still open after this crapola being brought up?

i think the closed thread asking for help for Mr.T.Beer has more relevance since it was trying to help a fellow farang better his life thru the discovery ad understanding of where to find fine dining in CM!!!

stop talking about this VDO ,turn the page please,or better yet close the book!

"since we are not Thai people" :):D

So do you propose that we should only talk about farang restaurants? :D

I find the subject quite interesting given that, at least outwardly, she's an atypical politician and the first woman ever elected mayor in Chiang Mai's history... and now has been removed from office.

If the topic doesn't interest you... move along.

Edited by sriracha john

but oh well... who will replace her? Some grumpy, frumpy, corrupt, older than dirt, fatter than sin, floppy and demented guy?

I wouldn't mind doing the job. However, because I am not Thai, I don't think that I am eligible for the position. :)

otherwise u got my vote man, you've been here long enough. Speaking of not being so Thai, some police patrolling the CNX airport are Japaneses!

Because she is pretty and has good 'English' press, you all think she is something special.

What has she done? Does anyone know anything about her?

If you knew, you would not support her, in my opinion.

Don't forget she is a Thai Politician, in every sense...

Every Thai I know in Chiang Mai dislikes her. I don't know why.

She was voted by Thai who live in Chiang Mai. Then those who don't like her must be the red shirts, who are not the majority of Chiang Mai Citizen.

Because she is pretty and has good 'English' press, you all think she is something special.

She was voted by Thai who live in Chiang Mai. Then those who don't like her must be the red shirts, who are not the majority of Chiang Mai Citizen.

Maybe they voted for her, then later changed their minds after seeing her work.

Maybe they voted for her, then later changed their minds after seeing her work.

The people of CM voted for her and the vote was overturned by some people in Bangkok. What does that tell you ? I do hope she has the temerity to run again. Thai politics is a nasty business as we know. It is not easy for a real person who has the best interest of the community of Chiang Mai in mind to change the status quo. We all know what that means. At least the people of CM have been heard in an election. Democracy is at stake here ! Lets see how this works out. Chok Dee.

She was found to not have been qualified to run for office in Chiang Mai. Her election was nullified. Everyone has some enemies and there certainly were other candidates who would have pressed this point once it was brought up. She can run again if she qualifies as a resident of Chiang Mai.

Maybe it was this and maybe it was that and why are there so many morons on this forum? Wake up.

How utterly immature can a discussion become ??!! There are serious but not very substantive or informative posts, but, as usual, too much bar chatter! A post pronouncing the now former mayor a "looker" with a photo is an example. Yes, she is a physically attractive person. So what?

Who should be mayor of Chiang Mai is not an idle matter. Have anything substantive to say? Say it. Not my wife's second cousin knows the family maid bs. What is her program? What are her policies? What is the situation regarding her position as mayor and that of the city council? Why has she been or not been a successful mayor? How does this fit into provincial or national politics?

There seem to be a few self-admitted old hands around here who spend enormous amounts of time enjoying and flogging their favorite restaurants! Do they have anything knowledgeable to inform us about regarding the current (and recent past) mayoral situation and the impact upon Chiang Mai's present and future welfare relative to who is mayor? Or are they just enjoying their carpacio?

Edited by Mapguy

How utterly immature can a discussion become ??!! There are serious but not very substantive or informative posts, but, as usual, too much bar chatter! A post pronouncing the now former mayor a "looker" with a photo is an example. Yes, she is a physically attractive person. So what?

Who should be mayor of Chiang Mai is not an idle matter. Have anything substantive to say? Say it. Not my wife's second cousin knows the family maid bs. What is her program? What are her policies? What is the situation regarding her position as mayor and that of the city council? Why has she been or not been a successful mayor? How does this fit into provincial or national politics?

There seem to be a few self-admitted old hands around here who spend enormous amounts of time enjoying and flogging their favorite restaurants! Do they have anything knowledgeable to inform us about regarding the current (and recent past) mayoral situation and the impact upon Chiang Mai's present and future welfare relative to who is mayor? Or are they just enjoying their carpacio?

Do you?

The two policies I know are:

1. Widen many of the roads within the city. This policy was universally detested and the banners protesting the policy are still hanging along those condemned areas of the city. I think in Thailand most people when they associate developers and politicians assume the worst.

2. To solve the pollution problem of the city by placing 8 fans (yep, you read right) at the end of Nawarat bridge.

I saw the video and it is who it's supposed to be. She is with her bodyguard in a hotel room having sex. She is married to a different man. I know this happens in the west as well but this is far from acceptable in Thailand.

I don't know about you, but I am not allowed to vote.

Harry hit it right on the head. You whine and complain about what other expats aren't doing, but you don't seem to do much of anything yourself.

Do you have anything to inform us about the mayoral situation, or do you just enjoy whinging about nothing?

1. Widen many of the roads within the city. This policy was universally detested and the banners protesting the policy are still hanging along those condemned areas of the city. I think in Thailand most people when they associate developers and politicians assume the worst.

2. To solve the pollution problem of the city by placing 8 fans (yep, you read right) at the end of Nawarat bridge.

I saw the video and it is who it's supposed to be. She is with her bodyguard in a hotel room having sex. She is married to a different man. I know this happens in the west as well but this is far from acceptable in Thailand.

Thanks for a concrete response at last, Loaded :).

Those are the same two policies I'm aware of. My wife saw the fans and said "what an idiot had that idea". It's the sort of "purchase" that reminds one of corrupt practices.

As for the roads being widened, some do need it and the small road widenings thusfar have been effective. The idea that MAJOR roads should be run through the heart of this charming, historc city is ludicrous, but that's what her plan calls for. I guess she pays lipservice to some farang groups but what difference does that make?

Yeah, that's her in the video and according to my wife's opinion (sorry Mapguy, I haven't seen it) she appears whorish in it . Maybe that's OK these days, but usually not in most places and certainlt not in Thailand . I wish her well all the same.

Edited by lannarebirth