Shipping Iphone From Hong Kong To Bangkok (how To Avoid Tax)

ihightower

I am planning to ship a recently bought phone from Ebay Hong Kong to my home in Bangkok through Postal Service.

It is similar to iPhone for those who do not know what Google Ion HTC Magic Android Phone is.

How can I make sure that I do not end up paying hefty taxes on the phone's delivery here by post.

If there really is no sure way, I will have to ask my friends to bring it over when they visit Bangkok.

Please tell me what should I do from your experience.

The last time a jeans was shipped to me from U.S. by Fedex and the cost of the jeans was about THB1,800 and I ended up paying THB2,000 on taxes. So, I want to avoid a similar mishap.

He bought it off ebay, can't carry it.

Get it delivered to your friends in Hong Kong and have them bring it over, save you 1000 - 3000 baht.

By the way, shipping is FREE to either get it sent to Hong Kong or Thailand.

So, I don't really save anything in Shipping Cost.

It is convenient to receive the phone straight to me here in Bangkok, but as I said I am worried about being heavily taxed.

I don't really know when any of my friends will really come to Bangkok... may be in 1-3 months.

I've had 2 phones shipped here from HK (bought from ebay), and paid 200bht 'duty handling fee' to DHL both times. I'm expecting an iphone from the US tomorrow. Just make sure your seller labels it as a gift and declares a low value (under $100 should be fine).

Get it delivered to your friends in Hong Kong, ask them open the box, to put some accessories on it (like that the phone will not look new) and to send it back to you in an other box with a letter saying : i send you back the phone you forget last time in hk.

should work

HTC - even if it is genuine - is junk.

BR>Jack

Separate question but regarding the same topic:

Actually the phone is HTC Magic which was given away for FREE by Google in the Google I/O Conference last May 2009.

And, this guy is selling it in Ebay. And, I asked the seller the question if it can be used in Thailand and his reply was:

Hello,I don't know if it will work in your country.

Thanks

What I know is that it is an unlocked phone and exactly the same as this one... here.

I think it should work...

Can you guys tell me if it will work here in Thailand. Any comments... :)

It's listed as 'unlocked' and 'compatible with any GSM carrier on the 850mhz/900mhz/1800mhz/1900mhz and 1700mhz/2100mhz (WCDMA) networks,' so I'd imagine it's unlikely you'll have any problems.

It's listed as 'unlocked' and 'compatible with any GSM carrier on the 850mhz/900mhz/1800mhz/1900mhz and 1700mhz/2100mhz (WCDMA) networks,' so I'd imagine it's unlikely you'll have any problems.

And if you have any problems, there are many solution in MBK

He bought it off ebay, can't carry it.

Get it delivered to your friends in Hong Kong and have them bring it over, save you 1000 - 3000 baht.

By the way, shipping is FREE to either get it sent to Hong Kong or Thailand.

So, I don't really save anything in Shipping Cost.

It is convenient to receive the phone straight to me here in Bangkok, but as I said I am worried about being heavily taxed.

I don't really know when any of my friends will really come to Bangkok... may be in 1-3 months.

No the shipping is not free, not to Thailand. The 1000 to 3000 baht I said you would save was the extortion fee you must pay to get your phone from Thai customs. Have a friend bring it over.