Bar Shoe Shine

highchol

whilst reading another thread about cracks in central mall, i got thinking..

Anyway i used to wear shoes frequently years ago and was always being pestered by the shoe shiners who used to come around the beer bars. One evening i had ahd my shoes shined and the bloke did a great job. Later that evening i happened to glance downwards and shock horror i thought my shoes had split. The girl i was talking to calmed me down when she told me "dont worry shoes ok, i not wearing any knickers".

old ones eh! :)

Back to topic...the first bit above is true, i used to wear shoes always but not nowadays. i dont recall seeing any shoeshine people around for many a year now, are any still around?

I always felt uncomfortable with people cleaning my shoes maybe why i now only wear flip flops.

They seemed to disappear from Pattaya just after some farang was almost beaten to death by an irked shoeshiner one night on Soi 7.

Do a search for the story circa 200

It was only a year or two ago a falang was beaten up by shoe shiner and his pals outside Tim's bar on 2nd Rd. This was during low season and the falang had refused to have his shoes shined. This was reported on the Pattaya TV News channel.

It was about the same time the watch sellers beat up the two Scotsmen in Soi Diana. I witnessed this and it uncalled for but the Jocks should have just said 'No thank you' instead of '<deleted> off". Thai fellows are small but fast and stick together. They can be very vicious and fight to win. This was also reported on the TV news.

Edited by yogi100

They seemed to disappear from Pattaya just after some farang was almost beaten to death by an irked shoeshiner one night on Soi 7.

Do a search for the story circa 200

It was only a year or two ago a falang was beaten up by shoe shiner and his pals outside Tim's bar on 2nd Rd. This was during low season and the falang had refused to have his shoes shined. This was reported on the Pattaya TV News channel.

It was about the same time the watch sellers beat up the two Scotsmen in Soi Diana. I witnessed this and it uncalled for but the Jocks should have just said 'No thank you' instead of '<deleted> off". Thai fellows are small but fast and stick together. They can be very vicious and fight to win. This was also reported on the TV news.

seems like the shoe shiner really was intent of giving him a shiner. :)

It's good news if they have all disappeared. They are some of the worst of those that trawl the bars.

I've had them sneak up a couple of times and start brushing without any invitation. Even when wearing (brown) sandals, so they've given me black toenails and then want payment.

It's good news if they have all disappeared. They are some of the worst of those that trawl the bars.

I've had them sneak up a couple of times and start brushing without any invitation. Even when wearing (brown) sandals, so they've given me black toenails and then want payment.

when me and the mrs used to go to pattaya we used to drink down soi 7

the guys that were doing the shoe shine around were very unpleasent

used to come up to me say shoe shine isay miow cap and they stand there same thing again shoe shine miow cap

and then after about 5 minuites of this <deleted> the thai man starts to get irate,like he s ready to take it further if u no what i mean

then the mrs talks to him in thai,it turn out that im falang and i should pay him 100 bt for this <snip> to polish my brand new trainers that i just bought,and am wearing,with that he walks away giving me the look like im the one in the wrong.

then one hour later same man same thing,and this time hes maow.

<snip> MATE ILL TELL YA ! :)

/edit: I also hate the shoeshiners with a passion but let's watch our language a bit :D

Edited by raro
foul language

I actually kicked one in the head by accident once. He approached me from behind, grabbed my foot and started his shoe shine without any warning. Kicked him out of reflex...som nam na...what about a nice "hello" first.

Anyways, if they're gone, good riddance and please take all the flower/watches/chewing gum etc selling guys and girls with you.

I always wondered why bars do not advertise "no hawkers allowed in" so that you can enjoy a beer without being pestered. I for one would become a regular!