Still Happy In Bangkok ?

maxelchey

I know it must have been discussed several times in the past, but doesn't anyone has noticed a change in attitude of thai people towards foreigners in Bangkok and major tourist places? and I'm not talking only about around Khao san or large temples, I live and work between ekamai and thong lor and daily suffers bad communication and agressive behaviors with thais.

It makes me feel a general feeling of boredom and disgust and I'm wondering if I really want to stay here ... although after 12 years in Thailand, it is hard to cut the cord and technically very hard to go back home country!!

I know tons of forum users are going to tell me I should just go home if I don't like it here and bla bla bla... but I am also curious to hear/read if other people are like me, if they just had enough, although they spent a long time and lot of energy making a life here!

I Hope I didn't start a storm !

I know it must have been discussed several times in the past, but doesn't anyone has noticed a change in attitude of thai people towards foreigners in Bangkok and major tourist places? and I'm not talking only about around Khao san or large temples, I live and work between ekamai and thong lor and daily suffers bad communication and agressive behaviors with thais.

It makes me feel a general feeling of boredom and disgust and I'm wondering if I really want to stay here ... although after 12 years in Thailand, it is hard to cut the cord and technically very hard to go back home country!!

I know tons of forum users are going to tell me I should just go home if I don't like it here and bla bla bla... but I am also curious to hear/read if other people are like me, if they just had enough, although they spent a long time and lot of energy making a life here!

Still very happy, I live in Chaeng Wattana area, I come more than 30 years in Thailand and now I moved to pakkred. And honestly never had any feeling of animosity towards me, everybody is still smiling with me and very friendly. Lately I had some small repairs of my spectacles and put some new plug on my DSL cable, they not even charged me money I had to insist to accept the money; Is it because I look poor :) , have a friendly face or that there are almost no foreigners here?

I drive my own car so I have no experiences with tuk tuk or taxi drivers and public transport. But last year I was in Padhipat road and an taxi driver asked me if I needed a taxi. I said I lived in pakkret, he said: Oh that's too far for me, you better take bus number 59, he stops 50 meters from here and go strait to pakkret.

So honestly till know I not yet had any bad experience in Bangkok. But he maybe it can change but till then, fingers crossed.

Why is it technically very hard to go back home?

And no you haven't started a storm, this has been done to death in various other threads.

Is Bangkok perefect? No.

Am I happy? Yes.

Why is it technically very hard to go back home?

Did you ever ( If you did ) felt happy when you where back home? Most want to go back asap. Now foreigners in his home country, might think he is crazy, but they don't got the virus. :)

@ OP: I can agree with you, it has to do partly with the Thais, who are very selfish. And both the foreigner, also the recession kicking in, and the change to a newer more arragant generation.