What Are My Options Please?

Hello everyone,

Ok I am hoping to come to Thailand around August my intention is to stay with a family friend for some time and also travel around Thailand and maybe go and visit Cambodia. I am a dance teacher and a Youth worker with a BA hons, my plan would be to travel for a few months returning to stay with my friend in between my travels. I was considering possibly looking for work hopefully youth orientated although it seems my best option maybe teaching English due to their being a demand my question really is where would I stand, what are my options and what would I be required to have with me. Last time I was over, I was offered the possibility of teaching dance in an international school in BKK due to me having no Work permit coupled with having to return home ect I declined. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks. Andy

You can get a 3 entry tourist visa that would give you a total of almost 9 months of stay without getting a new visa by using the last entry just before your visa expires (6 months from date of issue). Each 60 day entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration. You could get a 2 entry that would give 6 months also.

You could also get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa to visit friends. You could enter as many times as you want for a year with this visa getting 90 days each entry.

You can get either of these at the conuslate in Hull. Website: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

If you find a job then you can get a work permit. You cannot get a work permit without first having a job.

You can apply for a work permit with a tourist visa and then go out to get a B visa needed for the work permit to be issued. With the O visa you could get the work permit and work without having to get a new visa.

You should bring any diplomas and curriculum that you have with you. And any other documents that you think might be help getting a job.

If you are considering teaching you should have a look at the topics on this forum for more information.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Teaching-Tha...-Forum-f46.html

You can get a 3 entry tourist visa that would give you a total of almost 9 months of stay without getting a new visa by using the last entry just before your visa expires (6 months from date of issue).

Joe

Can you tell me who is issuing tripple entry tourists visa's . I know I can get a double entry tourist visa from Vientiane but 3 ?

Any information would be good along with what is required to obtain one of these tripple T-V's.

Can you tell me who is issuing tripple entry tourists visa's . I know I can get a double entry tourist visa from Vientiane but 3 ?

Your original post in this thread indicates that you are in your home country at the moment, the UK. So that’s where you would apply for your tourist visa, not in Laos. Apply at any honorary consulate. Can be done by mail. Give the consulate a call to ask what they want. The Thai consulate in Hull, for example, has a website with detailed information. Do an Internet search for it, but any other consulate in the UK will do as well.

--

Maestro

You can get a 3 entry tourist visa that would give you a total of almost 9 months of stay without getting a new visa by using the last entry just before your visa expires (6 months from date of issue).

Joe

Any information would be good along with what is required to obtain one of these tripple T-V's.

The nearest place to Thailand that will issue a 3 entry tourist visa with a 6 month experation date would probably be Australia.

You can get a 3 entry tourist visa in Vientiane but it will only have a 90 day experation date which makes it worthless. Unless you want to travel a lot in those 90 days.

Joe

The nearest place to Thailand that will issue a 3 entry tourist visa with a 6 month experation date would probably be Australia.

You can get a 3 entry tourist visa in Vientiane but it will only have a 90 day experation date which makes it worthless. Unless you want to travel a lot in those 90 days.

Thanks for that Joe, I was begining to think I was missing out on something .