Edited by charlie1968

HI

HELLO IM CARL FROM CHESHIRE ENGLAND ANS MY WIFE SAENGDUEAN

WE ARE LOOKING FOR LAND OR HOUSE IN PHAYAO AS MY WIFE IS FROM THERE

WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR A BUISNESS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

PLEASE REPLY

THANKS CARL

Hi Carl,

The only good way to find land in Phayao is to put the word out and see what offers arrive on your doorstep. Your wife already knows the area and probably has an idea where she wants to live, at least my wife does.

Unless you have a specific business plan and idea already be aware that few Thai in Phayao feel comfortable enough to speak English with you.

Hi Carl

You could look at some websites to see what they have also but most dont cover Phayao much but you would have to look . both on www.

chiangraiteedin.co.th and akechailand.com I think is the other , the foreign owned websites are well over priced.

Chiang Rai is a good option for somewhere to live and better options and potential customers. Phayao is a little small .

Good luck.

There are no websites, English or Thai, that cover Phayao. The websites covering Chiang Rai may have one listing of a property that is well overpriced. The new property development I mentioned starts at 1-2 million. Best bet is still to put the word out and see who arrives with information. I did that a few years ago through my father in law and had lots of people seeking us out. In the end we didn't find what we wanted so stayed with the house we had.

Property values in Phayao are about the same as in CR BUT sometimes there are some real bargains. I looked at an 8 rai parcel with a small lake and stream just west of Mae Tam but the access was a bit sketchy and I was afraid I could end up landlocked if something went wrong.

Agree with lukamar that the best way to find property is through your wife's relatives. It's doubtful that you'll find anything on any website (especially properties outside of Phayao city).

My wife is also from Phayao, and over the past 2 years, we've been privately offered 3 different plots near, or in her family's moo baan. To give you an idea of land prices, the plots inside the moo baan were priced at about 100,000 baht for 1 rai. There was another property directly on the main road between Chun and ChiangKham, about 3 rai or so with a large pond and a crappy house that the owner was selling for 800,000.

Hi Carl

You could look at some websites to see what they have also but most dont cover Phayao much but you would have to look . both on www.

chiangraiteedin.co.th and akechailand.com I think is the other , the foreign owned websites are well over priced.

Chiang Rai is a good option for somewhere to live and better options and potential customers. Phayao is a little small .

Good luck.

hi sunholiday

cheers for the info will look a bit more

carl

• 3 months later...