How's Your Maxnet Premiere?

wimpy

Maxnet premiere in Nonghoi. I thought my laptop was breaking down! websites based in Thailand or the US seem to be working without a problem. however, websites in Europe are hopeless. could that be a coincidence?

Yes, same dreary story here at Monfort village, Don Chan and what makes it so irritating is the famed Thai customer service ethic: Don't know, don't want to know and couldn't give a dam. Not that it is much different in the UK, it isn't.

My UK based PN usually slows it down but this last week it has been much faster than TT&T (Traumatic, Tedious & Tiresome) Premier to which I switched from Indy on the promise of a better (ha ha) service, which at 20 pounds a month is four times the cost of my UK PN.

I will try OpenDNS or continue to pray for a miracle.

Maxnet is better than TOT because TOT was older than and low technology. Maxnet was very good in the past but only2 or 3 months that was a little bit cut and server down. Maybe because they upgrade the package to the client. This make a lot of the INTERNET TRAFFIC JAM haha. Maybe because it's rainny everyday though ! :)

How is your Maxnet Premiere working?

I'm in Nonghoi district and mine is working like sh*t! I have to click on a link about 20 times to get it to load. The nice folks at TT&T gave me the usual suggestion of turning off my router for a while, which doesn't help. I think the problem is rain related. But they poo-poo the suggestion.

Anyone else having troubles?

I'd appreciate it if all you TT&T users would give a call and complain. The number is 1103. Maybe with a concerted effort we can get something done. :)

I feel for you guys but a lot of times it's not the network but the TTT or TOT DNS servers that are flakey. Try using a third party DNS servers like OpenDNS.com. It's free and cleared up most of my problems. BTW I have Maxnet 2 mb in the city and have been getting consistent 1+ MB downloads.

For troubleshooting if your having trouble surfing etc then try a ping or traceroute to a servers IP address and see how it performs. That step would bypass a DNS lookup request. If the performance is fast to the IP address then you know its a DNS server name resolution problem.

Hope that helps

Great help! Thanks very much!!

Rebooted the router/modem this morning, and it connected at 3072/1024 instead of 2048/1024. Do you think TT&T feels so guilty about providing shoddy service, they gave me a free upgrade??

Rebooted the router/modem this morning, and it connected at 3072/1024 instead of 2048/1024. Do you think TT&T feels so guilty about providing shoddy service, they gave me a free upgrade??

No, hardly. Everyone got upgraded for free. They just took a long time to get around to upgrading you.

When did the free upgrades for premier start? This is the first I have heard of it. No info on their website.

No, hardly. Everyone got upgraded for free. They just took a long time to get around to upgrading you.

When did the free upgrades for premier start? This is the first I have heard of it. No info on their website.

I'm referring to the free upgrade from 2 to 3 MB. That went into effect last month.

Wasn't that just for Indy customers?

I'm referring to the free upgrade from 2 to 3 MB. That went into effect last month.

My wife received a call from Maxnet today. They are upgrading our 2Mb Premier to 3Mb . First we have to sign their new TOS. Going down to the office at central airport plaza tonight to check it out.

My connection has been great for over a year I hate to mess with it.

Yes you are absolutely correct. I did not notice the "Premier" which is so boldly stated in the thread title. :)

As it turns out the speed upgrade is automatic beginning 'next month' (July) same as the upgrade last year from 1Mb to 2 Mb

The paper was in fact a new TOS agreement, the same you would sign if you were a new customer. Nothing about the upgrade.

Initially I was concerned that this was a bait in switch that many of the ISPs here used to pull. Offer a free or cheap speed upgrade when in reality you end up sharing it with twice as many people. The upgrade will still be premier and premier still has the same contention, so I am not too worried.

Don't mess with it then.

Mine is as crap as it's ever been. Off and on like a light and terrible latency issues. I still have 2 down 1 up, to boot.