Paypal - Using Credit Card

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have set up a paypal account with my thai credit card (tesco lotus) and it has been verified. There is now a total of $2 that it took in order to verify. Anyway, now I want to use paypal purchase something on ebay. The thing is it will not allow me to add funds to my paypal account from a non-us bank a/c. Does this mean that if I buy something it will just take it straight from my linked credit card a/c?

If so, are there any extra costs involved?

Thanks if anyone can clear this up for me!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have set up a paypal account with my thai credit card (tesco lotus) and it has been verified. There is now a total of $2 that it took in order to verify. Anyway, now I want to use paypal purchase something on ebay. The thing is it will not allow me to add funds to my paypal account from a non-us bank a/c. Does this mean that if I buy something it will just take it straight from my linked credit card a/c?

Your card will be debited when you make a purchase, there are no fees if you are the purchaser.

Paypal has all this information on there website if you take the trouble to look.

Hi,

A little bit offtopic, but where can such card be purchased in tesco lotus? Is it a pre-paid debitcard or a virtual creditcard?

Visa or mastercard?

A little bit offtopic, but where can such card be purchased in tesco lotus? Is it a pre-paid debitcard or a virtual creditcard?

Visa or mastercard?

You can not buy a credit card, you have to apply for it. There applications in every tesco lotus store. I think the card issuer is Kasikorn Bank.

Visa or mastercard?

You can not buy a credit card, you have to apply for it. There applications in every tesco lotus store. I think the card issuer is Kasikorn Bank.

I know creditcards cannot be bought. The OP mentioned he got his card from Tesco Lotus, so i thought it was a debicard.

Some people mistake debitcards or VCC for creditcards, that's why i asked. :)

Hi,

Let me add one more question...I have a Visa debit card linked to my Paypal account from a Bangkok bank savings account. If I sell something on Ebay (which is linked to my PayPal acct), will payment be put into savings?

Probably also on Paypal's site, but firsthand knowledge is always better.

Hi,

Let me add one more question...I have a Visa debit card linked to my Paypal account from a Bangkok bank savings account. If I sell something on Ebay (which is linked to my PayPal acct), will payment be put into savings?

Payment will go into the account you nominated, but you have to manually withdraw the money it won't be transfered automatically. Yes all of this information is on there website.

Hi,

Payment will go into the account you nominated, but you have to manually withdraw the money it won't be transfered automatically. Yes all of this information is on there website.

I just checked my PayPal account and my withdraw limit is $0/mo. until I verify. I will have to get the verification code from their test deposit monday....er Tuesday i think Monday's a holiday. (They made test deposit 2 weeks ago) ..anyway after I do that I wonder what my withdraw limit will be...I may be taking a large deposit if I sell my motorbike. I want to be able to withdraw it all. :)

As for the tesco lotus card, it's a visa credit card, and yes you have to apply for it. You need at least 50k monthky income for 6 months (shown on bank statements) and a work permit. I was quite suprised when they gave me it, because they make it quite difficult for foreigners.

Edited by cowman1

Hi,

I just checked my PayPal account and my withdraw limit is $0/mo. until I verify. I will have to get the verification code from their test deposit monday....er Tuesday i think Monday's a holiday. (They made test deposit 2 weeks ago) ..anyway after I do that I wonder what my withdraw limit will be...I may be taking a large deposit if I sell my motorbike. I want to be able to withdraw it all. :)

Just called 1333 and got my PayPal verification code in about 45 seconds from Bangkok Bank. Nice. They knew excatly what I wanted. Got verified and withdrawal limits raised. Just to be sure I called Paypal (Singapore number) and asked what my withdrawal limit was. She said 125,000 baht a day. Nice again.

And for information this was using a Be1st Visa debit card attached to a Bangkok Bank savings account. Now let/s see if it actually works. :D