Starry Night Society A Fact!

Limbo

Yes, great, the Starry Night Society had its first meeting. Only two 'farangs' participated, one is Japanese and the other Dutch (myself so to say). Those who know me, also know that I started this forum to stimulate foreigners to participate in social life and cultural events in Chiang Rai. I would be very happy if foreigners loose this 'them and us' mentality as it is absolutely a wrong perception of reality.

We did so in the past by organizing concerts, exhibitions, spreading information about what is going on and much more.

During the last year much of the mutual information was shared by mailings, as the rules of this forum, that we necessarily respect, simply set limits to its use as a community forum.

The Starry Night Society is a group of rather prominent Chiang Rai people, (sorry to use this horrible word) intellectually oriented, university teachers, artists, enterpreneurs, interested in exploring, yes, the universe, but also the outer corners of the human brain.

The fact that the observatory at the Rajabhat University is the place where we meet is in this sense not accidently.

It's all about very dull things like poetry, music, visual and performing arts, so please don't bother to read this further if these are not the ingredients you wish on your plate. For steaks: Go to Don's!

We thank Professor 'Nee' for her great presentation and for making the first meeting of our society a great success!

Those who are interested, please send me a PM and I can tell you where you find the information to join our society.

Limbo :)

post-6305-1246105781_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1246105932_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1246106060_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1246106176_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1246106207_thumb.jpg

It doesn't sound dull at all to me Limbo, and kudos to you for trying to add something more to your life besides sitting in front of a computer (like I do!) or sitting around moaning about Thailand :)

If I ever make it up your way, I will be sure to drop in for a visit and maybe a meeting. Intellectual stimulation is few and far between on my little party island :D

If I ever make it up your way, I will be sure to drop in for a visit and maybe a meeting. Intellectual stimulation is few and far between on my little party island :D

Remember the days dear SBK when electricity hadn't found its way to Koh Samui yet (not even to talk about Koh Phangan) en we walked on its virginal innocent beaches, had a cup of tea and a cooky once in a while, played with the waves and nighttime dreamt against an accoustical background of a sea indefatigably caressing the island.

If you wanted electricity, for instance to make noise, you had to bring batteries.

In these days you could never have imagined to sit behind a computer on Koh Samui and be connected to any thinkable spot on earth.

You might even have sworn that you never would, even if the unimaginable would happen one day .... 555!

Take care and thanks for your reaction!

Limbo :)

Of course Lannaman! I think the idea is to meet every last Friday of the month.