Computer Fair Time Again - Cmu

eek

Yep, its computer fair time again. For info on parking and other tips, easiest to just check out the last thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Computer-Fai...l&p=2070224

COMP & Digital Chiang Mai 2009

Date: 02 July 2009 - 05 July 2009

The Faculty of Engineering present the COMP & DIGITAL FAIR Chiang Mai 2009 2-5 July 2009 at the CMU Conference Center

See varieties of products for your digital life:

COMPUTER / NOTEBOOK / DIGITAL CAMERA / PDA / PRINTER / MP3 / MOBILE AND TELECOMMUNICATION / BROADBAND ADSL / ANIMATION / OFFICE AUTOMATION / SOFTWARE / MULTIMEDIA / GRAPHICS DESIGN / NETWORK ACCESSORIES / GAMES / STATIONARIES

Hopefully some bargains around.

Enjoy!

post-33493-1246241248_thumb.jpg

I've been to several of these and not found the prices significantly different to the local computer plazas - certainly not worth the effort of pushing through the crowds and putting up with the huge volume of noise....

is it a pretty formal affair then? or are vendors looking to shift excess stock so might be open to a bit of negotiation?

If you know exactly what you want you might just find a bargain but frankly I doubt it. The vendors are almost all local and you can do just as well by doing the rounds of Panthip, Icon etc and in a saner atmosphere too. In general, competition keeps the prices about as low as they'll go anyway although they're still higher in Thailand than the UK and the US for some items - Netbooks at the moment, for example. Genuine Close Outs are limited to accessories in dump bins so you have to fight for them.

is it a pretty formal affair then? or are vendors looking to shift excess stock so might be open to a bit of negotiation?

If you know exactly what you want you might just find a bargain but frankly I doubt it. The vendors are almost all local and you can do just as well by doing the rounds of Panthip, Icon etc and in a saner atmosphere too. In general, competition keeps the prices about as low as they'll go anyway although they're still higher in Thailand than the UK and the US for some items - Netbooks at the moment, for example. Genuine Close Outs are limited to accessories in dump bins so you have to fight for them.

i agree w greenside that athmosphere can be... a real strain na ;-(

one of the reasons to go... if you wanna have a quick look into market-situation... instead of doing days of footwork running from panthip to computer plaza etc.

i stated elsewhere before that i find ict fair a great opportunity to get notebooks from previous production cycles at reduced price. thus they come with new battery as well as warranty. but you've to look around... it's mostly smaller shops that offer these.

as with all kind of other fairs... yes, you can try to bargain. i'd suggest you'd try on last day.

well, my 0,02bht na