Night Out And Hotel In Udon Thani

Nickthegreek

Irish Clock, nice, well appointed, restaurant, street parking, Only 8 or 10 rooms 850B

or Top Mansion, spartan but clean, parking lot, ~75 rooms 350B

Both on the same street about 100 meters apart. Both have websites.

Many bars within walking distance -- can't miss 'em.

Edited by Texpat

Irish Clock, nice, well appointed, restaurant, street parking, Only 8 or 10 rooms 850B

Double down on this area<Nickthegreek, between Irish clock and Top Mansion there was(is) a place call Day and Night, is where all the sweet young things hang out at. least it was there back in March on my visit. Good luck hope you have a great time up there. :D:)

Hi All,

I could do with some recommendations please,I am driving up to Nong Khai tomorrow with a stopover planned for Udon,can anyone recommend the good places for a good night out and a good hotel to match.

Cheers

In Udon, I allways stay here

Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani

277Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani

277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Road, Muang, Udon Thani, 41000, Thailand

Phone: +66 (0) 4234 3555 Fax: +66 (0) 4234 3550: +66 (0) 4234 3555 Fax: +66 (0) 4234 3550

It's good, breakfast is OK and all you need is nearby!

Double down on this area<Nickthegreek, between Irish clock and Top Mansion there was(is) a place call Day and Night, is where all the sweet young things hang out at. least it was there back in March on my visit. Good luck hope you have a great time up there. :D:)

I have stayed at the Irish Clock and its a lovely hotel.

Stayed at Charoensri Grand in Udon a couple of times. I think the price was about 1800-2000 baht. The hotel is good but mostly it´s situated right smack in the middle of where the action is. It´s just next door to Robinson´s and the only "Bar area" I ever found in Udon. Number is +66 42 34 35 55

Charoensri Grand Royal -- It's been renamed Centara and is crumbling as we speak. Five years ago I might have agreed with you, but it's no longer good value. It does have a swimming pool, if that's important to a guest.

Edited by Texpat

Stayed there (Centara Hotel) about ten days ago for one night, paid 1200 baht, as the previous poster says great location but starting to look very tired. The price did not include breakfast, no great shakess as we wre leaving early anyway.

Lot of people swear by Ruk Suy (spelling) guest house about 350-400 baht a night. Nothing is really too far in Udon.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

Edited by Mr Conrad

I have stayed at the Irish Clock and its a lovely hotel.

. . . and the fish pie is supreme.

Very good pub/restaurant and a credit to it's owner who I met once, briefly and is a very nice chap.

Want good and cheap, no frills but clean, en-suite bathroom, rooms cleaned very well each day, many rooms with king bed. Restaurant okay too. Friendly staff.

Few minutes by car or 10 minute walk to centre of town.

Have stayed there several times over last few years, last time in February this year, price near to 400 Baht.

Baht buses pass by every few minutes.

Karin Hotel: 042320515

Edited by fishhooks

Charoensri Grand Royal -- It's been renamed Centara and is crumbling as we speak. Five years ago I might have agreed with you, but it's no longer good value. It does have a swimming pool, if that's important to a guest.

Well it´s three years since I been to Udon. Things change remarkably quick in Thailand. Still great location.

Edited by feffejonsson

Well it´s three years since I been to Udon. Things change remarkably quick in Thailand. Still great location.

No offence to Udon residents, but I could not see the attraction of the place. Thought it was a very run down city. Not there often mind so such brief impressions could be wrong.

I got to Udon regullary when I am back in Thailand to stock up my supples from Tesco.

I used to stay in some of the more expensive hotels Centra etc, but I have now found its fare better staying at Top Manison, clean comfortable cheap rooms, car parking and easy access to top up on some Farrang food.

Still close to everything.

Great for stocking up your Freezer also if you go to Nobbis. Great T Bone steaks

No offence to Udon residents, but I could not see the attraction of the place. Thought it was a very run down city. Not there often mind so such brief impressions could be wrong.

I agree a total s*** hole. The only good thing about it is the Irish Clock and Robinsons