Thai Visa Classified Motorcycle Scam

Hey guys, I've been shopping bikes lately and so I've checked into a lot of the ads on thaivisa, I believe this one is a scam and I don't know where to report it. I've pasted the emails between myself and the "seller" (of air) so you can decide for yourself if this "too good to be true" really is. This guy isn't even very good at his scam, nothing he says makes sense.

here is the link: http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...sale-26315.html

And here are the emails:

Hello sir

there is no link available now because i registered the bike to the eBay shipping

--- On Mon, 6/29/09, John E. Fallis <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: M/C for sale

To: "Claud Success" <[email protected]>

Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 2:09 AM

Fine if the bike is listed with ebay, what is the link? What is the location of the bike?

To: John E. Fallis <>

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 8:29:43 AM

Hello Dear John

happy to read from you and nice for your question because its good for you to know more about my bike,the bike is presently with the eBay shipping since i registered it there and this is why i asked for your address so that i can forward to the eBay motors for them to contact you with more information and the payment regarding my bike,now they act as the middle men because my bike is like insured with them and this is to protect both i and the buyers
for now am waiting for your information as follows for me to give the eBay to contact you with more info regarding my bike .i think it will be more good hearing from them than i .so i need your information as follows

your names

city

state

zip code

as well as your phone number and also your nearest airport to your location.

Waiting for your reply

--- On
Mon, 6/29/09, John E. Fallis
<>
wrote:

To: "Claud Success" <[email protected]>

Date: Monday, June 29, 2009, 12:48 AM

Claude, Where is the bike now? Do you have the link for the listing on ebay? Green book? Thanks, John

Claud Success <[email protected]>

To:

Sent:
Monday, June 29, 2009 5:08:03 AM

Subject:
Re: M/C for sale

Good to read from you regarding my motor bike.. i am selling it because i will be moving to Canada to take over the post of my colleague who is not doing doing well at his post.for all i can tell you about my bike is positive as well as you can also see, the bike is very strong,strong wheels,strong engine,well safe and beautiful tank for fuel, and more to that a Harley Davidson creation(popular).And i have only used it for 9 months.From now i have just 2 days to live the country and that is why i am selling the bike for $3000 .for now i have registered the bike at the eBay shipping company since i will be leaving the country in two days time and so you will have to pay a deposit of the bike to the eBay shipping company and that will be $1500 and when they send the bike to you,then you will finish the remaining $1500 when you receive the Bike. So you will have to make the deposit to the eBay shipping company and they will ship the bike to you and you will have 5 business days to test the bike and if it is not what you want then your money will be given back to you.But i promise you that the bike is in a very good condition and you will have no problems with it because it is still like new.So just reply me with your full address which i forward to the eBay shipping company and they will contact you soon and let you know how the payment will be done and when the bike will be shipped to you.

Waiting to read from you soon.

Thanks.

Hopefully the moderators will get wind of this and not only tell us how to report scams like this, but do everything they can to block this retard and protect it's members from idiotic things like this.

John.

IMHO this is a scam. 1st step, I checked the phone number using,

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis⊂=phonenr

this is the result......... Information on phone number range +57 6 XXXXXXX

Number billable as geographic number Country or destination Colombia City or exchange location Armenia

2nd. step.

You can check the location of the IP address that he used to contact you back from your reply inquiry by using

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

I believe It works with every email address except G mail but you need to use the header from the mail, not the address itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it was from an internet cafe in Nigeria with his pushbike leaning against the wall.

He's probably using other adv sites as well, only needs to find one sucker to make it worthwhile.

The above check info was from 419 eater. com I use it quite a bit to check my own forum for scabs.

Scam baiting, 419 eater, the greatest pastime of the 21st. century, if you have time to lead them on a merry go round to a Western Union office , bank of their choice, lets meet at Swampy departures, etc; wherever they think they have a chance.

Yeah agree the mods should intervene, but it's hard to screen the scum. Will send an email to him on my dedicated gmail a/c (for this purpose ) will let you know the result.

Read no further, it's a version of the 419 advance payment scam. See www.419eater.com for similar scams.

Again and again, I come across such phony ads. Once the scam artist made up a whole website of some "Escrow Europa" website in Italy.

It starts with a silly price. Then the bike is somewhere out of the country... Good thing: the "seller" is no biker.

Often, they tell tales of them going overseas etc. and they promise a full refund and free shipping etc.

Chris

I'd also like to know how to report thaivisa scammers. This guy contact me about my "iPod Dock Wanted" ad. I got my money back because I insisted on using PayPal although he desperately tried to get me to put money in his bank. His name is:

Chinakorn Maneesukrot

He has an ad here; http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/services/t...rvice-9092.html and a lot of others online if you google him.

I also found one of his scams posted here;

http://www.helbob.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p...303f04a727f42e9

My friend googled him in Thai and found out that he has been ripping off students. He takes their money for lessons and doesn't teach them.

So how do I report to the moderators if I receive an e-mail from some one with the same name? I don't like to talk about it here since 2 persons can have the same name

The person (Chinakorn Maneesukrot) that tried to scam me gave me his phone number and bank account number (many times!) and he used the same name and numbers in the other scams. I also want to know how to report him. I don't see a "report" link as described in some older posts. He is also trying to sell a pool table, free delivery. I'd bet that he insists on having you pay into his bank before he bothers loading and delivering the whole thing.

I'd also like to know how to report thaivisa scammers. This guy contact me about my "iPod Dock Wanted" ad. I got my money back because I insisted on using PayPal although he desperately tried to get me to put money in his bank. His name is:

Chinakorn Maneesukrot

He has an ad here; http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/services/t...rvice-9092.html and a lot of others online if you google him.

My friend googled him in Thai and found out that he has been ripping off students. He takes their money for lessons and doesn't teach them.

Please send the link, and/or any copies of PM's via PM to any ThaiVisa moderator or admin, or email support [at] thaivisa.com.

I will also bring this up with the mod/admin team.

Chinakorn Maneesukrot

Please send the link, and/or any copies of PM's via PM to any ThaiVisa moderator or admin, or email support [at] thaivisa.com.

I will also bring this up with the mod/admin team.

The scammer just emailed me, I didn't get an PMs from him via ThaiVisa. I will forward this above message to the support email you provided. Thanks!