Evaluate My Photo

lifeincnx

Canon 50D

Canon 24-105mm f4 - shot wide, taken in the late afternoon.

ok

in architectural photography it is the discovery and capture of the essence of the architectural concept that is the key..... by chance or design you have found that the roof design and the relationship of the model in the foreground is the essence,,,,,, good for you

Canon 50D

Canon 24-105mm f4 - shot wide, taken in the late afternoon.

ok

in architectural photography it is the discovery and capture of the essence of the architectural concept that is the key..... by chance or design you have found that the roof design and the relationship of the model in the foreground is the essence,,,,,, good for you

Sorry, time to disagree again Yumi :) If what you have written is true, I see no evidence that the architecture of the sala is the key 'talking point' of this image.

What I see is competing subjects which force the viewer to jump back and forth. The wooden structure in the foreground is a lamp that besides its triangular shape - does not share anything with the architecture of the sala. This combined with a lack of emphasis on either (sala is shrowded in trees / bushes while the lamp only shows the roof design) is it's downfall. Sorry but this is not architectual photography.

The OP is on the right track though. I would suggest to compose the image (if the lamp is the main subject) in such a way that it is shown fully from top to bottom in the foreground, and through the use of a narrow depth of field, the sala in the background would still be visible - if but a bit blurred - yet still allowing us to see the roof outline. In this way they would compliment each other instead of competing.

And no, I didn't read this in a book.

I love the various shades of green and how the grey colors blend in so well. I had to zoom in to see that in deed there was a fountain in the pictures, shame I couldn't see more of it. The flowers are beautiful but distracting, the bright colors do draw my eyes to them but they don't quite fit. Maybe tone the brightness down a bit

As a photograph there are some minor problems as was pointed, for me I love it - if only I could sit there for a few moments and relax in the cool shade. A few minutes to meditate and a few minutes to plan how I could best capture the every thing on camera.

May I ask if the were any other shots of this scene and what camera do you use? Did you edit the picture , if so what program did you use?

Again thanks for submitting such a beautiful picture.

I love the various shades of green and how the grey colors blend in so well. I had to zoom in to see that in deed there was a fountain in the pictures, shame I couldn't see more of it. The flowers are beautiful but distracting, the bright colors do draw my eyes to them but they don't quite fit. Maybe tone the brightness down a bit

As a photograph there are some minor problems as was pointed, for me I love it - if only I could sit there for a few moments and relax in the cool shade. A few minutes to meditate and a few minutes to plan how I could best capture the every thing on camera.

May I ask if the were any other shots of this scene and what camera do you use? Did you edit the picture , if so what program did you use?

Again thanks for submitting such a beautiful picture.

Thanks for the constructive comments. I used a canon 50D with Canon 24-105 f/4 lens. shot in RAW and post in Photoshop CS3. There were many shots, from different angles, etc. What I was trying in this particular shot from a technical standpoint was to remain tack sharp from foreground to background - solid depth of field. I had some shots with the foreground sharp and and soft bokeh background but as is the case not spot on. Thanks again.

Here is another shot of the sala, pond and fountain though it was a brighter time of day than I would have liked.