Bar Worker Found Shot Dead

_Echinochloa_

MANOP THIP-OSOD

A 25-year-old bar worker was found dead in her boyfriend's apartment with a gunshot wound to the head in what initially appeared to be a suicide.

Investigators, however, suspected foul play after it turned out that Paweena Thong-anant was right-handed but the wound was to her left temple.

Her body was found by Pol Capt Piyapan Panthongchai, her boyfriend, who alerted the police.

Pol Capt Piyapan said he and Ms Paweena had an argument on Thursday and he slapped her face.

He said he returned to the apartment at 9am yesterday and found her lying on the bed with blood all around her.

Pol Capt Piyapan said he thought she was playing a trick on him until he touched her body and realised she was dead.

Ms Paweena worked at a bar on Silom's Soi Patpong and had been seeing Pol Capt Piyapan for two years, police said.

He claimed the woman had earlier fired a shot at him but the bullet missed. But he did not lodge a complaint with police at the time. Ms Paweena's body was sent for forensic examination while the police are to examine Pol Capt Piyapan's hands for traces of gun powder.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/19Feb2005_news21.php

MANOP THIP-OSOD

A 25-year-old bar worker was found dead in her boyfriend's apartment with a gunshot wound to the head in what initially appeared to be a suicide.

Investigators, however, suspected foul play after it turned out that Paweena Thong-anant was right-handed but the wound was to her left temple.

Her body was found by Pol Capt Piyapan Panthongchai, her boyfriend, who alerted the police.

Pol Capt Piyapan said he and Ms Paweena had an argument on Thursday and he slapped her face.

He said he returned to the apartment at 9am yesterday and found her lying on the bed with blood all around her.

Pol Capt Piyapan said he thought she was playing a trick on him until he touched her body and realised she was dead.

Ms Paweena worked at a bar on Silom's Soi Patpong and had been seeing Pol Capt Piyapan for two years, police said.

He claimed the woman had earlier fired a shot at him but the bullet missed. But he did not lodge a complaint with police at the time. Ms Paweena's body was sent for forensic examination while the police are to examine Pol Capt Piyapan's hands for traces of gun powder.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/19Feb2005_news21.php

In America, there is a phrase "cop killer"... but it refers to the criminals that murder (usually shoot) policemen. Here in Thailand it seems as though policeman seem to be often the murderers themselves... so I'm wondering, what is the new vernacular that we can use for them? Cop killers? just doesn't sound right for the aforementioned reason. Any other suggestions?

Now, as for Captain Piyapan... I'm guessing he was sleeping during the basic forensics class portion of his time at the police academy. Otherwise, he'd have been more careful to shoot his gf in the head on the right side to go along with her being right-handed since he planned to make it look like she shot herself.

In America, there is a phrase "cop killer"... but it refers to the criminals that murder (usually shoot) policemen. Here in Thailand it seems as though policeman seem to be often the murderers themselves... so I'm wondering, what is the new vernacular that we can use for them? Cop killers? just doesn't sound right for the aforementioned reason. Any other suggestions?

How about 'psycops'

Without making any comment on the brilliance of the Thai police in quickly developing a plausible solution to most crimes - I'd like to mention that I happen to be left-handed in most things, but shoot right-handed. I think its because my right eye is dominant.

If a suicide is forced, is it still a suicide?

kenk3z

Without making any comment on the brilliance of the Thai police in quickly developing a plausible solution to most crimes - I'd like to mention that I happen to be left-handed in most things, but shoot right-handed.  I think its because my right eye is dominant.

If a suicide is forced, is it still a suicide?

kenk3z

It is a criminal offence to assist a suicide :o