Omega 3

brommers

Where in Chiang Mai can I buy Omega 3 oil as well as glucosamine/chondritin capsules to help alleviate bad pain in all my major joints?

Most pharamacies sell glucosamine tablets and the combination ones you are after, but they are all quite expensive, the cheapest iv'e found are 100 x 500mg glucosamine for 400 baht and the combination ones are quite a lot more expensive although i cant remember the exact price.

A friend of mine gets them from england where they are a lot lot cheaper,

Glucosamine / chondritin 180 capsules for 360 baht

Glucosamine 360 capsules x 1,000mg for 495 baht

You can get Blackmore's vitamins and minerals in most Watsons and Boots (high quality, but very expensive). BUT, I recommend buying online from a reputable online shop brommers. They are still likely to work out cheaper than buying from here (if you are buying several..just check for any import charge). Either that or have a friend send some to you. Even my bf who is Thai doesnt trust the local brands (im not saying they are no good, im just saying he personally doesnt trust them). The only one he says he trusts here is Blackmoore.

Hmm..btw, i was recently recommended an online company that doesnt have an import charge by an acquaintance who says their products are good. I havent personally used them, not yet anyway. Maybe someone else has used them and can confirm if they are good or not. Anyway, right now they have a buy one get 2 free promotion :) Sounds a bit too good to be true..but worth checking them out: Puritans Pride http://www.puritanspride.com/

Hmm..btw, i was recently recommended an online company that doesnt have an import charge by an acquaintance who says their products are good. I havent personally used them, not yet anyway. Maybe someone else has used them and can confirm if they are good or not. Anyway, right now they have a buy one get 2 free promotion :) Sounds a bit too good to be true..but worth checking them out: Puritans Pride http://www.puritanspride.com/

Thank you for the info, I will certainly check these out.

Where in Chiang Mai can I buy Omega 3 oil as well as glucosamine/chondritin capsules to help alleviate bad pain in all my major joints?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Brommers,

May I ask if you wish to disclose what you think are the causes of this generalized joint pain ? There is at least one "real" Physician "in the house" here (I am referring, of course, to Khun Jungian), and I always find his advice very down-to-earth and helpful.

best wishes for your health, ~o:37;

Many health professionals say that it is better to eat omega 3s in food, rather than take supplements. Sardines are cheap and full of omega 3. Mackerel is quite good and so is salmon.

Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and MSM are not officially sold in Thailand and very expensive, but GNC has a fairly cheap mixture that is easy to find in other countries. I buy big bottles of it.

I have a pretty bad case of rheumatoid arthritis that I have had since I was a young man and I feel that both provide pain relief for me.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Brommers,

May I ask if you wish to disclose what you think are the causes of this generalized joint pain ? There is at least one "real" Physician "in the house" here (I am referring, of course, to Khun Jungian), and I always find his advice very down-to-earth and helpful.

best wishes for your health, ~o:37;

No idea what the cause can be. It began 10 days ago with aching in shoulders & now spread to all fingers, hips, knees etc. Pain in hands so intense that gripping items can be very painful. Always had a problem, starting with ruptured disks at 16 & flare ups since. My overseas doctor said 'old age & wear and tear'. Don't want to take analgesics too often but right now can't sleep without them.

I've been ordering from Puritan's Pride for the last 5 years. However, I have the items sent to a friend in the US and have it repackaged and sent to me, OR, when I make a trip back to US, I stock up to last me/us a year or so.

Puritans prices are very reasonable (cheap) when you buy when they have these promotions. It's been a long while since I had them shipped directly to me here in Thailand. It's best to have shipped to a US address first.

I've never had any problems from Puritan. Once you establish an account (order from them once), they frequently send emails announcing their promotions.

Remember that one often has to take full doses of glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and MSM for at least 3 months before starting to lessen pain. I almost gave up on it when I first started and after almost exactly 3 months, suddenly got very good results which have lasted for years.

It does not completely get rid of joint pain for me, but makes it quite bearable.

I've been ordering from Puritan's Pride for the last 5 years. However, I have the items sent to a friend in the US and have it repackaged and sent to me, OR, when I make a trip back to US, I stock up to last me/us a year or so.

Puritans prices are very reasonable (cheap) when you buy when they have these promotions. It's been a long while since I had them shipped directly to me here in Thailand. It's best to have shipped to a US address first.

I've never had any problems from Puritan. Once you establish an account (order from them once), they frequently send emails announcing their promotions.

The guy who gave me the website info said he gets it sent direct to Thailand and doesnt incur any extra fees. Will need to double check on that, but im pretty sure thats what he said to me.

May I ask what reason do have for recommending shipping to an US address, rather than direct? Items going awol? Fees?

Tnx :)

I guess my reason for shipping direct to US instead of Thailand is the following:

I'm pretty sure the shipping cost is HIGH.

And since I've always have someone coming to visit here in CM, I have them bring my vitamin requirements for me. Plus, I usually make one trip a year back to US and bring a half suitcase back with me.

Check out the shipping rates to Thailand, you can do that on the website. Just place your items in the shopping cart, check out, and it'll give you the shipping costs. You don't have to go thru the entire ordering process if you don't want the items.

A UG (Grant) states, it does take 3 months to notices any improvement. My wife also has RA and has helped her with joint pain. Also, you must take the fully recommended dose.

One recommendation: DON'T get the capsules, get the tablets. The capsules are like horse pills, almost too large to get down your throat.

I agree about the pills being too large, however, I put a few in a glass of water at bedtime evey night and in the morning stir and drink the water on an empty stomach. You don't have to swallow any pills and, supposedly, taking glucosomine as a liquid works better than as a solid.

I agree about the pills being too large, however, I put a few in a glass of water at bedtime evey night and in the morning stir and drink the water on an empty stomach. You don't have to swallow any pills and, supposedly, taking glucosomine as a liquid works better than as a solid.

Glucosamine as a powder dissolved in water works faster and when taking Glucosamine pills, be sure to look and see what additives they have in them. Pure Glucosamine powder is considerably more expensive (I think). I like your idea UG of putting a few in a glass of water at night.

If I might expand this topic slightly (with no intention of hijacking it, and apologies if it is perceived that way), I would appreciate hearing any recommendations for doctors to see here in Chiangmai about pain in one's joints, which I have started experiencing in the last few months.

Hi Remember also to eat unripe papaya ((Thai som tum salad) It is a very potent anti inflammatory food ( also pineapple is very potent) and neurobion (b vitamins)...the best glucosamine on the marked in Thailand is made by Rotta pharmaceuticals in Ireland Named Viartril ,It comes in pill form and in sackets 1500mg sackets are the best.take 2 sackets a day 4 a,1 mnd and down 2 1 if it helps,if not continue with 2,for atleast 3 mnds preferably the rest of ur life,,Viartril costs about 1000 bath (30 bags)...And back to anti inflammatory med,,,good old aspirin is!! Aaaand Caltrate (calcium tablets) 4 ur bones build up....Good luck...Ps: Dont sit 2 much get up and walk preferably in the nature.

One recommendation: DON'T get the capsules, get the tablets. The capsules are like horse pills, almost too large to get down your throat.

I'd recommend the opposite. The tablets are equally as huge but they often get stuck in my throat, vs the capsules which are smooth and sail down pretty easily.

Great prices !!

It has been my experience that these prices would normally be attached to stock that might be close to the "use-by date".

I always have to check this out since I usually bring mine back from Oz in quantities that will last at least a year.

Caveat emptor !

Cheers.

Great prices !!

It has been my experience that these prices would normally be attached to stock that might be close to the "use-by date".

I always have to check this out since I usually bring mine back from Oz in quantities that will last at least a year.

Caveat emptor !

Cheers.

OH! Good point. Can anyone verify if the use-by-date when buying from them was reasonable? (I would think at least a year before expiry would be reasonable..?)