Dos And Don'ts......

Hiya everyone.

I just need some advice about taking my meagre earnings to china for a holiday, or rather, them taking me. What should I do and what shouldn't I do to make them Bahts stretch? :)

Thanks in advance,

B.

Quite often, organized tours in China will include stops at shopping and dining venues. In almost all cases these places kick back to the tour operators and their prices tend to be well over what you might find practically anywhere else on your journey and quite often high pressure sales tactics are employed. Don't feel compelled to buy anything from these places if its not something you want to do anyway.

If taking a tour be sure to know what is included and what you may need to pay for "extra". Always carry something to drink and a snack with you. Have fun.

Edited by lannarebirth

Quite often, organized tours in China will include stops at shopping and dining venues. In almost all cases these places kick back to the tour operators and their prices tend to be well over what you might find practically anywhere else on your journey and quite often high pressure sales tactics are employed. Don't feel compelled to buy anything from these places if its not something you want to do anyway.

If taking a tour be sure to know what is included and what you may need to pay for "extra". Always carry something to drink and a snack with you. Have fun.

I am not going on a tour.

Hiya everyone.

I just need some advice about taking my meagre earnings to china for a holiday, or rather, them taking me. What should I do and what shouldn't I do to make them Bahts stretch? :)

Thanks in advance,

B.

do not change your thai baht for yuan in thailand, I took with me some us dollars, the echange rates was higher there

Hiya everyone.

Thanks in advance,

B.

do not change your thai baht for yuan in thailand, I took with me some us dollars, the echange rates was higher there

Thanks for that! i'll check the rate for baht to dollars, I already have the chinese rates for baht:yuan and dollar:yuan

Hiya everyone.

Thanks in advance,

B.

Thanks for that! i'll check the rate for baht to dollars, I already have the chinese rates for baht:yuan and dollar:yuan

You will get better exchange rates in Chinatown moneychangers than you will at exchange booths or banks.

You will get better exchange rates in Chinatown moneychangers than you will at exchange booths or banks.

Agreed don't change money at airport, also keep clear of tourist areas as prices are 5 -10 X plus normal.

Eg DVD in downtown Shanghai costs 35 yen but just outside costs 5 yen and quality is same if you avoid street stalls.

Always negiotiate everything as nothing is fixed - if possible get Chinese person to buy for you.

And watch the spitting - its a national sport

Enjoy