Maxnet Latest Problems: Maxnet Answer

YouYouYou

You think you guys have it bad take a look at these results. I've tried Open DNS and DNS Advantage with no help. I tried turning my router off and getting new IP address.........no help. I have video on demand sites in China that have US TV shows for viewing........needless to say I am not watching any with these speeds. Oh yea I'm on the 3Mb package :)

The speeds are so slow to mainland China that I can not run a complete speed test. The ping rates are 1700 to 2500 and download stalls out at 10. Could have a faster connection with carrier pigeons,

Taiwan is a little better but still slower than dial-up

514992006.png

and a little more speed to the States but more than twice as slow as it use to be.

514994349.png

and just to piss me off a little more my cable TV just went off during F-1 3rd practice.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Chiang Mai.

I just tested without Open DNS and with the Maxnet defaults. I flushed my DNS and things are taking longer to resolve (but still working). I can't run your above commands though seems like a parameter might be missing.

Edited by Lordfoul

Then run

nslookup www.opendns.com. 208.67.222.222 >nslookup1.txt

nslookup www.opendns.com. >nslookup2.txt

nslookup -type=txt which.opendns.com >nslookup3.txt

Sorry about that sometimes a get wrong. these should work

Ok, This is while using Maxnets DNS servers

nslookup1.txt

Server: resolver1.opendns.com

Address: 208.67.222.222

Name: www.opendns.com

Address: 208.67.219.101

nslookup2.txt

Server: DD-WRT

Address: 192.168.1.100

Address: 208.67.219.99

nslookup3.txt

which.opendns.com text =

"I am not an OpenDNS resolver."

Note: DD-WRT is my Router/DHCP/DNS server

Hope That Helps

Then run

That helps a lot.

Ok, This is while using Maxnets DNS servers

nslookup1.txt

Server: resolver1.opendns.com

Address: 208.67.222.222

Address: 208.67.219.101

nslookup2.txt

Address: 208.67.219.99

nslookup3.txt

which.opendns.com text =

"I am not an OpenDNS resolver."

Note: DD-WRT is my Router/DHCP/DNS server

Hope That Helps

Then run

Ye ist a local Korat based problem we are having.

Should be fixed in the next few days week month years.

:):D:D

Those were run while using

as my DNS servers

Sorry can you tell me the Maxnet DNS servers you are using

Okay ... Yes a lot of users have encountered problems with Maxnet of late, whether they are indy or premier customers.

I have had numerous connectivity issues for 14 days (coincidentally since a local link went down 9.25 PM Sat 20th June). Slow loads inside and outside Thailand, cannot find page, line drops and disconnections etc.

I have had 3 engineer visits and one remote enginneer online (teamviewer), 9 X 1103 phone calls ...still the same.

Plumski in 'Maxnet DNS' thread (post 37) was told on 1st July that the internet would be fixed on 9th July.

I was told by a woman from the Phetchaburi branch (032 440013) at 12.46 today: "mii banhaa tuk tuk thii, ja gare banhaa ik song sapdaa"

"There is a problem everywhere and the internet will be fixed in 2 weeks." :)

So there's your answer, it seems we are all running around in circles of late and so there are probably no fixes that we can do ourselves if our beloved internet provider is buggered and knows it too.

My reply and should be yours too: I am refusing to pay them this month. Their service... is well... in a word 'excrement' :D .

Anybody else been told this or another 'future date' ?? LOL

ITS IS NOT YOUR SYSTEM ! ! ! ! !

Its Maxnet, They have problem and too many customers use international websites...

i called them several times, i use Premier... they told me "should" be fixed within 1 week

Who knows Thailand knows also that one week may bee during one month....

it is very cheeky how they handle the people... but what can we do then wait..

Try to keep your nervs under control.. haha.. i do my best to make same..

Chock dee kap !

Up until just over a month ago I was ringing the praises of Maxnet Premier....totally uncapped unlike the basic version where the small print states P2P and VOIP etc. will be capped at TWO KBS so I upgraded and was more than happy....

This past month I have been unable to exceed 5kbs with however the odd few minute spell where was back to normal around 200kbs from "one" source and more from others....and this from the darkest recesses of the Korat Junglie...

Needless to say it doesn't last....Just been on the blower for the "n" th time lately....the promised recall never came OFC....

These short 5kbs spells naturally STOP so completely useless....

Initially I was advised to reset my Zyxel Router to "word go"...ie....back as a noob installation...at NO TIME was I advised that "they"...the ISP had a problem twix BKK and Korat...indeed my ping times tween the two are lightning...AND FULL BW is indicated..likewise to various worldwide locations....however there isn't a bean of BW to be had....

I am finally informed that the optic cable from BKK to Korat is too old....?????....where the Fcak did they get it from ?.....2nd hand Burmese stock ?

Not a year or so ago fibre optic cable here didn't exist....and it still ends up struggling through my spaghetti telephone line carefully intertwined with the power cables..I am rapidly losing my sanity....It'll be the usual skimming off the top, corner cutting incompetent installation where the bosses are the beneficiaries of their little perk bonuses for robbing us publc.....Not unlike the carpet bombed brand new roads which only the most expensive and comfy BENZ's can navigate without losing losing your brains going throught the roof due to the skimming off of proper construction materials and things such as "legal" (and safe) concrete mixes...+ OFC they gotta job for life repairing the dam_n things...and the income to pay for the next garage fulla Lexus' and Ferraris...et-al....

Ya know bout 20 years ago during a bar room discussion a question was asked ..."do we think the local populace will ever do away with corruption and grovelling to the masters which hold back this country so successfully?....Not in my lifetime I responded and all nodded in agreement...well....20 years hence and I'm so far correct....near the end of my days now but I guarantee the future 50 generations will be asking that same question.....with the same conclusion.....

....I think we all "need" a mini-rant like this once in a while....MAXNET....GET YUR FINGER OUTA wherever it's embedded and do YOUR bloody JOBS.......Pathetic the only word springs to mind currently.....

with all due respect....HAH !!!!......Gurney......one pished off punter..... :):D

- Up until just over a month ago I was ringing the praises of Maxnet Premier....totally uncapped unlike the basic version where the small print states P2P and VOIP etc. will be capped at TWO KBS so I upgraded and was more than happy....

This past month I have been unable to exceed 5kbs with however the odd few minute spell where was back to normal around 200kbs from "one" source and more from others....and this from the darkest recesses of the Korat Junglie...

Needless to say it doesn't last....Just been on the blower for the "n" th time lately....the promised recall never came OFC....

These short 5kbs spells naturally STOP so completely useless....

Initially I was advised to reset my Zyxel Router to "word go"...ie....back as a noob installation...at NO TIME was I advised that "they"...the ISP had a problem twix BKK and Korat...indeed my ping times tween the two are lightning...AND FULL BW is indicated..likewise to various worldwide locations....however there isn't a bean of BW to be had....

I am finally informed that the optic cable from BKK to Korat is too old....?????....where the Fcak did they get it from ?.....2nd hand Burmese stock ?

Not a year or so ago fibre optic cable here didn't exist....and it still ends up struggling through my spaghetti telephone line carefully intertwined with the power cables..I am rapidly losing my sanity....It'll be the usual skimming off the top, corner cutting incompetent installation where the bosses are the beneficiaries of their little perk bonuses for robbing us publc.....Not unlike the carpet bombed brand new roads which only the most expensive and comfy BENZ's can navigate without losing your brains going throught the roof due to the skimming off of proper construction materials and things such as "legal" (and safe) concrete mixes...+ OFC they gotta job for life repairing the dam_n things...and the income to pay for the next garage fulla Lexus' and Ferraris...et-al....

Ya know bout 20 years ago during a bar room discussion a question was asked ..."do we think the local populace will ever do away with corruption and grovelling to the masters which hold back this country so successfully?....Not in my lifetime I responded and all nodded in agreement...well....20 years hence and I'm so far correct....near the end of my days now but I guarantee the future 50 generations will be asking that same question.....with the same conclusion.....

....I think we all "need" a mini-rant like this once in a while....MAXNET....GET YUR FINGER OUTA wherever it's embedded and do YOUR bloody JOBS.......Pathetic the only word springs to mind currently.....

with all due respect....HAH !!!!......Gurney......one pished off punter..... :):D

Edited by gurney

Guess this explains a lot

Jasmine warns of TT&T coup

ttt-fair-boothlJasmine International Plc, the parent of TT&T Plc, has threatened to transfer all of its affiliate’s broadband customers to its own network if TT&T does not win approval from its creditors to manage its own debt rehabilitation.

The threat came after TT&T’s creditors demanded P Planner Co conduct the business rehabilitation, which could allow foreign creditors to take over the company and sell it for profit.

http://www.thaiglobaltel.com/?p=5027

Well sry all for the long post, but here it all is :D ... suddenly, again, my access to Thai webs and international webs is fine and has occured at exactly 00.38 AM ... Bang! the traffic has stopped yeah?? LOL :D

5 days and counting: The martens are coming !!

Speedtests to Frisco every 30 mins or so on 112 Ip (Thai time given on 11 and 12/07/09): In MB and MS ping (chart to save space on T-visa)

DL UL Ping Time

0.26 0.13 1307 8.47PM

0.26 0.05 1480 9.15PM

0.11 0.13 1182 9.47PM

0.44 0.22 854 10.25PM

0.26 0.10 854 10.47PM

0.53 0.29 651 11.15PM

0.31 0.19 464 11.46PM

1.71 0.35 260 12.20AM

0.55 0.30 271 12.44AM

These figures are 100% truthful and if you want to be bored with the links, I have saved them all to my comp. if you really want me to fill out a page and bore you, then I can LOL. Furthermore, whilst conducting this test, I have made no changes to comp, router, or changed IP, or had any other windows running when conducting speedtest.

P.S. Look at 9.47PM: Webfact (and I believe him as he knows what he is on about) says this is a problem when UL is higher than DL + look at the jump post midnight and the ever reducing ping…there it is … up to you teccy's: what do you make of all of this?

My opinion (for what its worth), too much traffic/users for the infrastructure in peak times + a little bit of manipulation on top.

Reading through the previous, I feel I must reply:

Hardy 99: post 99 '1 week to fix' and Hardy is a premier customer. Again, not just Indies.

Lordfoul: In reply …yes 'speedtest.net' is a 'point to point' test but I'm trying to offer some stats for the teccy's (and others) to mull over …the above are only stats at the end of the day and are open to interpretation and opined analysis.

Tomo22: It ain't just Korat ..others have probs. too around Thailand.

Rodrokit: Same as me , I have tried OpenDNS and DNSadvantage. For some ok, for me and Rodrokit no difference, for some: mixed bag+ probs., and no probs leading to solution.

Gurney: same discussion 10 years ago though …I know where you are coming from!

My opinion, for what it's worth as a non-teccy: this ain't the problem per-se, that is DNS … I suggest for the majority to stop messing around with your DNS settings as the problem lies within Maxnet as a whole (they have admitted to me and others they have a problem and will be fixed in 5 days from now) and is not a DNS issue that we can circumvent ourselves (sry teccy's, your advice is invaluable to us all and has/is appreciated by me, and keep it coming too, but this is just my observation).

Sry for the long post ..and good luck to you all with your bill waivers and your 1103 calls :) Time 4 bed :D

Well, I've been quietly following this thread...

Fortunately, I don't use Maxnet; although it has been recommended to me on several occassions. Many friends have tried to convince me to switch from Jasmine Internet to Maxnet or TRUE citing "FASTER speeds and CHEAPER prices..." Sorry, but no thanks. My *slow* 2048/512 works just fine. I live 4.5km from the exchange and have yet to experience any downtime. International bandwidth is good 24/7, come rain or shine. Sure, there will be some slow-downs during certain hours of the day, but these are unnoticeable for the most part. Also, there are no DNS issues to speak of. Regardless however, I use Level3 and Speakeasy DNS servers; my own personal preference.

I have a single TOT phone line in my home (on the outskirts of BKK) which I use for internet, phone/fax and the line itself is at least 10-15 years old. Jasmine has been my first and only ADSL provider. I chose them based on their claim of having superior international bandwidth over the competition. Having used the service for almost 2 years, I must say they do live up to their claims. My experience with them has been very positive and customer service is good. If I had to rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give Jasmine an 8.5. The company has been around for a long time -- 10 years if I'm not mistaken, but they have always remained in the shadow of other big-name ISPs. Coverage area is very limited however. I'm not sure if this has changed recently.

One more thing about Jasmine -- IF you supply your own modem, you aren't forced to sign any contracts in order to use the service and can cancel it at anytime. I don't know if this is the case with other ISPs or not. But regardless of which ISP you're with, consider investing in an ADSL modem/router equipped with a Broadcom chipset. For some reason, they seem to work better with Thai DSLAMs. A cheap TP-LINK will do (which is what I use). Stay away from those 'free' modems that come with ADSL service. It isn't worth the trouble, IMO.

Below are some speedtest results taken around 5PM Saturday...

Bangkok:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515002626.png

Asia Pacific:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515003559.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515003906.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515004480.png

North America:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515005546.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515006194.png

South America:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515012498.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515017582.png

Europe:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515009211.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/515010569.png

Sorry for posting so many tests. As you can see, my results are pretty consistent across the board. On a regular work day and sometimes during the evening, I may experience slower (download) speeds, but nowhere near anything I've seen posted throughout this thread. Most importantly, I can access ALL my favorite websites without having to endure constant timeouts or page reloads. Jasmine doesn't offer any discriminating ADSL packages; no Indy or Premiere crap. Just simply choose the speed package you desire, and you're good to go. No need to worry about throttling or having to upgrade just to do P2P.

I really sympathize with those of you having constant problems -- YouYouYou in particular. Your Maxcrap connection sucks donkey balls and it doesn't look like it's going to improve anytime soon either. It's just downright appalling to say the least. Glad I wasn't suckered in to making the switch. Aren't there any other providers in your area?! Surely there has to be... The next time you go looking for an ISP, give Jasmine some consideration if it's available in your area.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

P.S. - I wasn't aware of a potential Jasmine takeover until I read this thread. As interesting as it sounds, I just hope this doesn't screw things up in the long run. The last thing I need is a broken internet.

Edited by Supernova

As follow-up to my initial message I want to be fair and tell you that TT&T MaxNET has put its plugs back again. The download speed has resumed for the last hour at a constant 213 KB/s. I downloaded from the US and from Europe and used OpenDNS as always and did not change a single byte on my settings.

But for how long?

Also I got several times a bill waived for 50% or 100%, don't be affraid of suggesting this to them, it helps them save their face :)

I learned it saves a whole lot of talking if you simply confront them with the facts on paper via a log you keep about downtime, speed and how they solve it etc.

I've made a log form for this and put it on the internet, everybody can print or download it from here

ttt.jpg

Update Sundaymorning: Maxnet Premium, Chiangmai-Sansai now faster then ever, powerful bandwidth.

And now let's hope they are able to stabilize it like this...

515579378.png

Just to along with Rdrokit ...Newark De....

515742120.png

Even unluckier LOL ...nope I ain't in Korat ...I'm a litten bit west of Bangkok.

And hey, why has the ISP disappeared on my speedtest pages? Mmm been like this since last Sunday, when they flicked a switch somewhere and decided to give me only 112 start IP's ....gone for me is 114, 117, and 222 ...Mmm. Yup, poor access to U.S. and slow in Thai sites ..same same, different day!

Can't wait ...only 4 days, 2hrs 30 mins ..till my internet is fixed :)

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls.

my IP starts with 124

515758066.png

Just to along with Rdrokit ...Newark De....

515742120.png

Even unluckier LOL ...nope I ain't in Korat ...I'm a litten bit west of Bangkok.

And hey, why has the ISP disappeared on my speedtest pages? Mmm been like this since last Sunday, when they flicked a switch somewhere and decided to give me only 112 start IP's ....gone for me is 114, 117, and 222 ...Mmm. Yup, poor access to U.S. and slow in Thai sites ..same same, different day!

Can't wait ...only 4 days, 2hrs 30 mins ..till my internet is fixed :)

Good luck to you all, and your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls.

Ahh late at nitey nite again and off to beedy byez for me, but Rdokit in Isan and Me in west of Bkk a litten bit are really still having probs ...my Thai web loads are quicker now but still can't access many U.S. sites. Yes, good for some users though ..it isn't affecting everyone, just some folk eh !

3 days, 23 hours 30 mins and counting till my internet is fixed. Lucky I'm bill free this month until the 15th ....let's see.

Just for Rdokit and my BKK + E and W U.S. same servers (but without the ISP provided that has disappeared since last Sunday on 112IP Mmmm.)

BKK ...as usual day and night, no worries (like this 98% of time)

515830393.png

West coast ...none too shabby

515830907.png

East coast ...OMG OMG Mmm me thinks there's a problem here ..don't you think?

515832107.png

So, all you out there who are none to happy ..go argue polietly with your local office that there is a problem and get your free internet for the month ...many have been told there is a problem (just like me) and that it will be fixed in the future.

Good luck to you all, your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls :)

^ Like I said: Not everyone: What does it tell you when 3 users hit the same site, the Newark one by example within minutes of eachother and get such wildly differing Pings ..just look at the range 316, 1148 and 2292 !

But hey my BKK is always up there ....<deleted> is going on ?? Lol ... I don't reckon anyone knows :D

Praise be when we are all resolved in the not too distant future ...nite nite, time for bed.

Good luck to you all, your bill waivers, and your 1103 calls :)