Changing From Thai To English Menus In Xp

trd

I just bought a EeePC 1000 today which included Windows XP. After going through the set up all the menus and other dialogue boxes are in Thai, despite having set up for English on the regional settings. How do I change the menus back to English.

Well no one replied to my post, but not to worry - I'm sorted.

For future reference just in case anyone else has a problem, it just involved the deletion of something called a Thai interface file and a reboot to go to English. I rushed out of the store with it saying I knew what I was doing without realising this file needed to be removed. So the moral is, get the store to set it up before you leave. Once it's in Thai you can't delete it unless you can read Thai.

I must say, I do like this eeePC an awful lot.

Hi

Just wanted to add a comment.

You should not just delete the language interface file. It needs to be uninstalled to be properly removed. Even though all the menu items are in Thai, you should pretty easily be able to browse to control panel and "add/remove programs" by using the icons in the menu or just from remembering how the menu structure in XP is. Once you get inside the "Add/remove programs" window all the programs listed will be in English and you can safely uninstall the Thai LIP (Language Interface Pack).

Thomas