Flying Home W/suitcases Full Of Items To Sell

MattFS218

The best places to buy cheap stuff are chinatown and pratunam for clothes/cosmetics. I'm selling on ebay and it's very easy, but i won't give away anymore of my secrets, or everybody will be doing it.

Doing what, going to Chinatown and buying cheap clothes and cosmetics and selling them on e-bay?

Yes, best you keep your secret secure. :o

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know those long sleeve shirts that have all the little perforations so that the air circulates through them? You can pack about 80 of them in a medium suitcase and I just can't keep them in stock. For what appears to be flimsy material they hold up very well too. I get them for 35b and sell them for $8 Cdn (250B)

cv

I doubt whether moderators should be involved in this discussion which is sailing close to the wind in terms of illegality.Show some sense you jerk.

You know those long sleeve shirts that have all the little perforations so that the air circulates through them? You can pack about 80 of them in a medium suitcase and I just can't keep them in stock. For what appears to be flimsy material they hold up very well too. I get them for 35b and sell them for $8 Cdn (250B)

cv

I doubt whether moderators should be involved in this discussion which is sailing close to the wind in terms of illegality.Show some sense you jerk.

What's illegal about this Boris.What country are you talking about?

cv

Relax,a few shirts or CDs in a suitcase isn't smuggling cocaine or mini-nukes.

cv

I'd get offended if I thought you were worth taking seriously. But you're just a sad old man so I'll leave you alone. :o

/Jerk

cv

So. He's doing it in moderation :o

Had one suitcase 3/4 full of primo chili paste this last time - and it was the one the X-ray machine lit up. 

Seems they appear as 'organic', read explosive, and similar consistancy as semtex.

I often use chili paste here that is quite explosive in a very short amount of time.

As for the consistency of the explosive results..... well.... better not say.

cv

I'd get offended if I thought you were worth taking seriously. But you're just a sad old man so I'll leave you alone. :o

/Jerk

Does your petulant and silly response give you some satisfaction? Getting back to the point, nobody can have any objection to making a few bucks by selling say a couple of items on return to country of origin.Nor frankly is there any objection to forum members discussing much more valuable consignments even though the customs aspect (ie non declaration) may be a little questionable or even illegal.However you are a moderator and should think carefully about talking openly about "packing 80 shirts in a medium size case" even though the value may still be quite small and within Canadian limits.I hope some of the more senior moderators have a quiet word with you about this.It's a question of standards you see.

cv

I'd get offended if I thought you were worth taking seriously. But you're just a sad old man so I'll leave you alone. :D

/Jerk

Does your petulant and silly response give you some satisfaction? Getting back to the point, nobody can have any objection to making a few bucks by selling say a couple of items on return to country of origin.Nor frankly is there any objection to forum members discussing much more valuable consignments even though the customs aspect (ie non declaration) may be a little questionable or even illegal.However you are a moderator and should think carefully about talking openly about "packing 80 shirts in a medium size case" even though the value may still be quite small and within Canadian limits.I hope some of the more senior moderators have a quiet word with you about this.It's a question of standards you see.

Boris,I must have missed something.What is wrong with packing 80 shirts into a suitcase? :o

I hope some of the more senior moderators have  a quiet word with you about this.It's a question of standards you see.

Dr Pat Pong did indeed have a word with me as you will see above. He thinks my wholesale markup may be a bit low. :o

cv

cv

I'd get offended if I thought you were worth taking seriously. But you're just a sad old man so I'll leave you alone. :D

/Jerk

Boris,I must have missed something.What is wrong with packing 80 shirts into a suitcase? :o

Nothing per se but if they are obviously for sale they are dutiable at the value price.I'm aware that even so the total value might be within the Canadian allowance.Look I'm conscious that I may be making a mountain out of a molehill and that there's not much wrong here being discussed.I'm just making a general point that moderators need to be a bit careful about their postings.

I hope some of the more senior moderators have  a quiet word with you about this.It's a question of standards you see.

Dr Pat Pong did indeed have a word with me as you will see above. He thinks my wholesale markup may be a bit low. :o

cv

Nice one.I'm going to beat retreat given this genuinely witty response.I'm as aware of my own silliness as well as that of other people.But there's at least a grain of truth in my initial observation.

cv

Where for 35bart

I'm selling on ebay and it's very easy, but i won't give away anymore of my secrets, or everybody will be doing it.

no need really.... everyone else already is... :D:D

That maybe, but there's a difference between a farang who sells the odd item from chinatown, and someone who is chinese and gets direct from china by the bucketload - there are pros, and there are amateurs ! :o

I'm selling on ebay and it's very easy, but i won't give away anymore of my secrets, or everybody will be doing it.

That maybe, but there's a difference between a farang who sells the odd item from chinatown, and someone who is chinese and gets direct from china by the bucketload - there are pros, and there are amateurs ! :o

that's true too, but if the traffic running through Ebay now is any indication, it seems like there are "bucketloads" of pros. There's a saturation point quickly coming I think. The number of people wanting all that various stuff is a finite number. Until then, of course, enjoy the ride.

i   buy   silk  inderwear ,   only   worn   once  ,

(keep   them   on   for  a  month  ),

then   sell  them when  i  arrive  home ,

they  ,  go   like   hot  cakes  .

100 percent ,  mark  up.   :D

With or without skid marks ? :o

The skid marks do nothing for me. I prefer the ones with the aroma intact. You gotta get them fresh and then put them in a sealed plastic bag immediately. These sell like hot cakes. :D

that's true too, but if the traffic running through Ebay now is any indication, it seems like there are "bucketloads" of pros. There's a saturation point quickly coming I think. The number of people wanting all that various stuff is a finite number. Until then, of course, enjoy the ride.

Yes, there is a saturation point in some areas because most of the sellers are farang men, and most of the suggestions on this thread are predictable - there are just too many people selling t-shirts and silk thai goods; it may make a little beer money, but not any serious money. The real pros have multiple ebay and paypal accounts, so they sell in many different categories. They also have contacts in china so they get the stock at source, and can undercut the amateurs on ebay.

In the market by the Indra hotel, there are a number of shops that sell stuff for import at a quarter of the price they do on the streets. We brought about 2000 assorted items and the shop shipped them to the UK for us. We declared every item and as most of it was silk we did not need import licences (you only need a licence for cotton goods into UK) so ultimately we were not charged much import duty,if anything. Previously we were buying it down sickandvomit road,shipping it home in a DHL Jumbo box. This way we were charged a small import duty fee. Remember most things are only illegal if you don't declare them.A lot of customs men don't give a hoot what you bring through unless it is an illegal substance,or alchahol or tobacco in excess.

Yes, there is a saturation point in some areas because most of the sellers are farang men, and most of the suggestions on this thread are predictable - there are just too many people selling t-shirts and silk thai goods; it may make a little beer money, but not any serious money. The real pros have multiple ebay and paypal accounts, so they sell in many different categories. They also have contacts in china so they get the stock at source, and can undercut the amateurs on ebay.

I could always do with a bit more beer money but wouldn't there a problem with setting up a paypal account from Thailand with my HSBC bank account back in the UK? Read on another thread about paypal freezing accounts when nationals from the UK and elsewhere were trying to access their accounts from within Thailand or using their credit cards from here??