Air India, Jetstar, Tiger Airways Bkk- Sin

ged

I have to visit Singapore for a couple of nights in October, flying from Bangkok the best Departure /arrival times for me are with Air India.

They are about 2000B more expensive than Air Asia, Jetstar, or Tiger.

Worth it do you think ?

Any comments about these airlines would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS, I have flown AA many times but never with the others.

I have to visit Singapore for a couple of nights in October, flying from Bangkok the best Departure /arrival times for me are with Air India.

Worth it do you think ?

Thanks

hi,

this is Benny and i am Singaporean and currently living in Thailand.

the air india flight that you mention is actually a code-shared flight. its operating airline is Singapore Airlines. In my personal opinion, i feel its worth the price to pay for a Singapore Airlines flight but the only disadvantage is that you don't have any options flight.there is only 1 flight per day. you are not allowed to change flights. Only on that specified SQ973 for Bkk-Sin and SQ978 for Sin-Bkk.

regards,

benny

Worth it do you think ?

Thanks

Hi Mate,

In June I flew Tiger Airways from Singapore to Bangkok. I booked the flight months prior, and in the lead-up, they changed my flight 1/2 dozen times, and drove me mad. Due to this, I was dreading the flight. Everywhere I looked, people on forums told me how bad they were.

The flight turned out to be one of the best. Apart from having to buy food and beer, the service was quite good. And the beer was cold!

I hope this helps.

Thanks guys,

It seems that if I book through someone like lastminute.com for the Air India flight I will actually be getting a Singapore Airlines flight for about 4000b less than SG would charge.

a no brainer then.

Cheers

We flew Air India 2 years ago and it was a mess. It was to Shanghai. It was a code share with Thai Air....and the return was actually on Air India's equipment. We had an emergency landing in Hong Kong. It was horrible. Terribe customer service (forget about trying to call anybody who knows what is going on), bad equipment (obviously), and some really stinky people! Will never fly them again....

The code share people that booked Thai Air were treated great...not the Air India folks though....

Consider the Cathay Pacific flight too , they have some cheap fares direct from the thai country website of Cathay. Even Singapore air have some reasonable discounts, again check the Thai country site for Singaporeair, particularly if travelling with 2 people or more.