Funny Thai Spelling Mistakes

:)

It's not a spelling mistake, but there used to be a sign on Sukhumvit road near Soi 38. The business was called, "Pacific Overseas Trading". The sign outside showed a flower, and on the blossom in large letters POT. Below it said, "Come inside and buy".

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough I was at a new (to me) restaurant. Looking at the menu in Thai and English I could not believe how bad the English was and then when I got to one section of the menu and it stated - I kid you not

Crabs cooked in whore dust.

Shrimp cooked in whore dust.

and a variety of other seafoods all cooked in 'whore dust'.

Do they take shavings off some unseen lady bar and cook the food in those? The mind boggles.

:):D:D:D

After staying at a hotel in Chiang Mai and enjoying the muesli at the buffet, I emailed the chef and asked him how he prepares it. He sent me the following:

Dear Sir thank your very much for you enjoin

our breakfast buffet

provided at rest. we call that home made muesli

first you bay quick oatmeal

1 can, and quick whole wheat 1 pack,

and dries fruit as you like dry banana, raisin, or

dry apple, low fat

milk,

METHOD

boil milk, sugar and salt to test, 420 g.oatmeal,

200g whole wheat and dry

fruits cock 3-5 minutes stir occasionally,

hope you enjoin your cock,

regards, Chef Udom Tan,

:):D:D:D

Hilarious thread - can't stop laughing! :D

I recall a Phitsanulok restaurant with a transliteration for the respective gendered faciilities. Hong Naam Phu Chai = "TOILET MAN". First gentle amusement came to me - Toilet Man Caped Crusader. Large TM engraved onto his chest. :)

Sperm bar in CM or CR, and yesterday I see a lady in the Lotut wearing a shirt and on the shirt was printed: I fukc for coke..... :huh:

Sperm Pub is in Chiang Rai. At first I though that maybe they didn't know what "sperm" meant. But when asked they said they did. So I still can't figure out why they called it the "Sperm Pub" .......

@ toptuan .... that is a really good one!!! hahahaha

Maybe the sperm pub was the former Cabbages and Condoms???

It's just the deliberately raunchy presentation of the Inncome Hotel which houses not only the Sperm Pub but also the Womb Bar.

Sperm bar in CM or CR, and yesterday I see a lady in the Lotut wearing a shirt and on the shirt was printed: I fukc for coke..... :)

Sperm Pub is in Chiang Rai. At first I though that maybe they didn't know what "sperm" meant. But when asked they said they did. So I still can't figure out why they called it the "Sperm Pub" .......

@ toptuan .... that is a really good one!!! hahahaha

Maybe the sperm pub was the former Cabbages and Condoms???

It's just the deliberately raunchy presentation of the Inncome Hotel which houses not only the Sperm Pub but also the Womb Bar.

have stayed at cabbages & condoms in Pattaya - the lollies on the pillow tasted rubbery

you've all seen them on menus etc. just share them here in this topic! These are a couple I still remember:

- 8 years ago on Koh Phangan I saw a small pharmacy with a big sign outside saying: "first AIDS" instead of first AID!

- on Samui I saw a Thai woman named "Nut" (similar sound as in "good" or "food") opening a small massage shop which said on the window: "nut massage", I guess she had a lot of male customers, lol.

- in a menu I once saw: "crap dip" instead of "crab dip"

- the most puzzling one in a menu was: "fired swamp" which turned out to be "fried shrimp"

- and a local minimart in Kanchanaburi had a terrific sign saying: "buy 2 get one 1" (probably forgot to add "for free" hahaha)

hope u guys can share some!!!

WOW!!! my G/F has a massage business on Cheong Mon beach at Honey bungalows!

Her name is NUT ( Noot)

Perhaps it was her lolololol

haha how about "souy"? means "beautiful" how u guys pronounce? coz it may turn to bad meaning "unlucky"

ok the correct one "swa ouy" gwad its not easy for u guys but gotta practice k?

"my gf is swa ouyyyyyy" > my gf is beautiful or my gf is unlucky? (to have u as bf? lol) gwad i was tryin to get my brit bf to say this ...it went to "unlucky" many times :D alright he finally did ! oh yes he said "Kitiya u are swa ouyyyyyyy:) yayyyy brit men are smart haha.

Kit

Oddly enough I was at a new (to me) restaurant. Looking at the menu in Thai and English I could not believe how bad the English was and then when I got to one section of the menu and it stated - I kid you not

Crabs cooked in whore dust.

Shrimp cooked in whore dust.

and a variety of other seafoods all cooked in 'whore dust'.

Do they take shavings off some unseen lady bar and cook the food in those? The mind boggles.

This had me puzzled but I had to laugh when I realised.

ผงกะหรี่........(pŏng gà rèe) means Curry powder

pŏng Means powder or dust or dirt

gà rèe is a loanword from Curry, but it's also a very crude word for prostitute.

So I guess that they must have used a dictionary, but chose the wrong translation options. Could have been cooked in Whore dirt

:)

Not spelling mistakes, or in Thailand for that matter :) , anyway. In a hotel in China (I forget exactly where), they had a small sign in the rooms with the hotel rules, a couple of them were particularly memorable:

No guns or weapons allowed in the restaurants - anywhere else is ok?

No going whoring

The funny thing is that if you go to the hotel's 'health club' "going whoring" is almost compulsory!

Edited by StatlerandWaldorf

• 2 weeks later...

Up in Imperial World in Ladprao the toilets sell tissue advertised as "1 Bath" in big writing on the machine. Since I have not had a bath since I left Blighty, it sounded quite appealing! Anyway I think it should say "1 Baht" :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a menu at a restaurant that were proud of their Kentucky Fried Chicken equivalent but unfortunately the "Finger Licking Good" slogan when translated from English back into English came out as "Our chicken is so good you will eat your fingers"

Edited by Roachiebkk

• 2 months later...

post-86914-1257380022_thumb.jpg

this is from the public toilets near Bang Pae waterfall in Phuket, spelling's ok it just made me wonder...they must have had a problem with this kind of behaviour in order to have the sign made!

The toilet was very clean btw so the sign obviously worked!

Edited by bifftastic

I got a text from the wife: 'I have exsidan.' Took a while to work it out. Accident! (itwasn't serious)

hahaha...My girlfirend asked me if I had been to the Cranberry Party in Somerset.....I said Cranberry party what do you mean? She said the Cranberry party it's very big lots of music, then it twigged I said you mean Glastonbury!!!!

Sorry don't have any spelling mistake signs but thought I would share.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Saw some woman with a T-shirt wth Bart Simpson on it yesterday, underneath it read 'The Simsons'...you would have thought the manufacturer would have at least got the spellling correct! :)

I have seen quite a few like this, probably rejects that west would not accept. So sold in Thailand where they don't care what it says so long as it is English.

I know this is not a Thai/English misinterpretation, but I found this funny. A heavily pregnant Thai woman was wearing a T-shirt that read; “Carpenters do it with big wood” I’m sure she was none the wiser as to what it meant.