Adding A Dependent Child To A Oz Temporary Partner Visa

My wife is heading back to Thailand in a few months to start Dependent Child visa application process for her son. While she is on the Temporary partner visa we have the opportunity to tag him on to her Permanent Visa application currently pending. As her son is still living with the grand parents in Thailand, we have to apply for this visa via Bangkok.

The question I have is what qualifies as a statutory declaration in Thailand?

Apparently we need to arrange a Statutory Declaration from the birth father allowing the child to migrate with his Mother. The Father has not provided any support for a number of years, and they were not legally married. Just the traditional, Buddist ceremony in the village. The father is listed on the on the child's birth certificate as the father, and the person who registered the birth. He has agreed to do what ever is necessary to allow his son to migrate to Australia with his mother. Will a signed letter by the father, on normal paper allowing his son to migrate, translated in to English and signed by the translator comply as a Statutory Declaration?

Advice from anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated.

I am not 100 percent sure but sounds like you would need to get it done at the Local Amphur office. Translation then would need to be done by a recognised translator as per all the other translations you will require. There are quite a few translators around the Embassy's in BKK.

My wife did the same thing.

We went back to Khon Kaen and got the father to sign a document giving permission for daughter to leave LOS and live in Aus. The statement was witnessed and certified at the local amphur. Then it was down to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for transalation and certification. Then the statement and other docs (application from Immi website etc) was submitted to the embassy in BKK. Also daughter had to have another medical as it had been a while since the previous one as part of my wife's application.

The addition was granted and we went back to get her about three monthds later - Aus Immigration was helpful, they actually delayed my wifes permanent visa so daughter could be added (or else it would have been a whole new application process). Daughter arrived in Oz in feb this year and was granted a permanent visa (with my wife) a couple of weeks after arrival.

The process wasn't difficult but was a bit of messing around with govt offices etc.

Good Luck

My wife did the same thing.

We went back to Khon Kaen and got the father to sign a document giving permission for daughter to leave LOS and live in Aus. The statement was witnessed and certified at the local amphur. Then it was down to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for transalation and certification. Then the statement and other docs (application from Immi website etc) was submitted to the embassy in BKK. Also daughter had to have another medical as it had been a while since the previous one as part of my wife's application.

The addition was granted and we went back to get her about three monthds later - Aus Immigration was helpful, they actually delayed my wifes permanent visa so daughter could be added (or else it would have been a whole new application process). Daughter arrived in Oz in feb this year and was granted a permanent visa (with my wife) a couple of weeks after arrival.

The process wasn't difficult but was a bit of messing around with govt offices etc.

Good Luck

Perfect! Just the response i was looking for.

Thx, Sporting Dog!