What Makes You Smile In Los?

delmersomsri

Fishing at a Thai lake...

fly_caught_snakehead_1_Em.sized.jpg

Whooh!

Ian, my life in Thailand would be xxx if only I knew where to fish!

Pretty please, share your experiences.

xxx = not sure where I am right now in Thailand...

There is no place like Thailand for the smiles but it has hit a hard spot lately.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whooh!

Ian, my life in Thailand would be xxx if only I knew where to fish!

Pretty please, share your experiences.

xxx = not sure where I am right now in Thailand...

There is no place like Thailand for the smiles but it has hit a hard spot lately.

There are lots of places to fish in Thailand. Virtually every reservoir has fish in it. The photo above is of a giant snakehead, and they occur in most of the larger reservoirs all over Thailand. That one was taken in Sirikut reservoir in north east Thailand. Giant snakeheads are the supreme predator and will eat anything and everything alive. There are many pay for play fishing ponds near every Thai city. Bangkok has many and a little bit of research will find them. If you like fishing then go to the sports forum on thaivisa and there is a sub-forum dedicated to fishing. Lots of good information there.

I know you are only teasing me, Big Snake, ...
SHOWOFF :D:D:D:) Beautiful lady :D:D
but there is no need to show off. Any healthy, virile male with a small pension can have what I have. I know all my female relationships are mostly make believe... but who cares? We are all getting what we want out of it. I can adopt a Thai family for a small sum and take part in raising the kids without being tied to a formal marriage. That leaves me free to do what I want with as many women as I can afford to entertain. None of us are under the delusion of true love, but that doesn't mean I don't care for the women I'm with. I love em all and treat them all with respect! I live in Chiang Mai, but when I want to travel south to the beaches there are no shortage of ladies willing to come along. However, taking anyone to Pattaya/Jomptien is sort of taking ice cube to the eskimos.

Or taking sand to the beach!

Or taking sand to the beach!

Pattaya could use a little more sand on their beach... or less people using it.

Jomptien_beach_boats.jpg

Jomptien_beach_umbrellas.jpg

Or smaller people using it...

Fat_guy_Em.sized.jpg

There are SOME attractions that make me smile though... :)

Jomptien_beach_gals_2.jpg

But, if you find the Pattaya beaches too crowded and too polluted then there's an hour trip to Kah Larn and its lovely beaches...

Boon_at_main_beach.jpg

Kung_at_Ko_Lan_1_Em.jpg

A GREAT BIG SMILE TO EVERYONE. The response has been GREAT ! Have read them all and will be back to see if anyone else wants to share their smiles. The PICS are just an added bonus. Special thanks to IAN. You all have made me smile and laugh and to contemplate. "WHAT, ME WORRY?! BE HAPPY!!

Tired of reading and hearing about the stressful and disturbing events that farangs experience everyday here in Thailand so I thought that we should share moments and events which bring a smile to our face and laughter in our hearts. I'll start by sharing some things that brighten my day.

• Children playing
  • Parents or grandparents sharing tender moments with their child or grandchild
  • Children practicing their english as they see you and then giving you a big grin and giggle

There are more but these come to mind at the moment. Put a :D on.

Where to start there are so many things, okay here are a couple:

- Beautiful women

- Naked women

- Naked beautiful women

- Women

...and nobody can deny! :D and nobody can deny! :D When driving through a police check point :) and I'm waved through. That really makes me smile - with relief :D

...and nobody can deny! :D and nobody can deny! :D When driving through a police check point :) and I'm waved through. That really makes me smile - with relief :D

What makes me sad though is when I see poor families with little children taken off a bus heading for Mai Sai when the temperature outside in the mountains is COLD. I've seen it many times and it always makes me sad. I assume they don't have their papers in order, but the little children don't know any better. It's too bad they aren't checked right at the start of any bording or off loading area.

What makes me sad though is when I see poor families with little children taken off a bus heading for Mai Sai when the temperature outside in the mountains is COLD. I've seen it many times and it always makes me sad. I assume they don't have their papers in order, but the little children don't know any better. It's too bad they aren't checked right at the start of any bording or off loading area.

Uh uh uh Ian - this is the Smiling thread, not the 'feeling sad' thread - now post some more photos of pretty girls in bikinis (or out of bikinis) :D

Edited by wolf5370

Uh uh uh Ian - this is the Smiling thread, not the 'feeling sad' thread - now post some more photos of pretty girls in bikinis (or out of bikinis) :)

Okay wolf, here are a couple of a Russian friend, Natasha. She had the loveliest smile you could imagine and was a marvelous model for painting.

When I was growing up during the cold war I was lead to believe that Russian women were all those big, blocky man/woman types. It wasn't until the Berlin wall came down and all the Russian tennis and skating stars started to appear that we learned about the REAL Russian women. If it wasn't so dam_n cold I might be tempted to travel to the Ukraine instead of Thailand for a holiday.

I only made my sad comment after reading bungy's comment about the common Thai road checks. It happens several times on a border run to Mai Sai.

Natasha_11.jpg

Natasha_2.jpg

Natasha_8.sized.jpg

What makes me all warm and fuzzy and teary eyed is the small things I observe from time to time and the way things are done.

The broom salesman comes through the neighborhood pushing his cart of wares. A

neighbor comes out to buy but first must try them out, He makes a selection and

then hefts it in his hands. Next he checks out the sweeping action on the street, getting

the feel of the broom to see if it is right for him.

At a roadside row of garden shops, my wife and I were buying some paving stones. Another customer in the shop is also interested in some stones. He selects a stone off a pile, puts it on the ground and steps on it a few times to see how it feels.

At another shop a few stores down they had some various lawn statues. The girl selling points to both my wife and a statue of a buxom woman showing some cleavage, saying to me “same,same”. I thought that was funny. The wife did not and gave the clerk a little slap on the arm.

Dogs enjoying a nap with some occasional cool air in front of the automatic doors of a 7 11 is a fairly common site. I was sitting in the car getting some gas and observed one of these dogs being an obstruction to customers going in and out. A petite young female clerk comes out of the store and tries to shoo the dog away. The dog will not budge. The clerk then grabs the dog by the hind legs and drags it off to the side. There was no protest from the dog and it continued its nap at the new location.

My favorite observation would be the way a young product display hostess collapsed to the floor in near hysterics after a customer drank a small cup of dish soap which was on display in various colors.

The little things make me smile.

What makes me all warm and fuzzy and teary eyed is the small things I observe from time to time and the way things are done.

The little things make me smile.

The places people are from! under your avatar :)

I'm from the same place too... glass always half full !