Pattaya Immigration 6 July

Haydn

My 90 days reporting is due as per the stamp in my passport slip on the 7th July but unfortunately the Pattaya immigration staff do not realise that that is a Holy Day for Buddha

I went at 8am this morning the 6th but unfortunately no one had informed me and the crowd gathered there some very angry that Pattaya Immigration was on Holiday. I thought that Immigration was a Public service to supply a service but it seems that i was wrong. Probably we will be charged extra money besides the 500bt in our passports because we did not report on time. Still with spicky at Soi 8 it was 1000bt. I am beginning to think that I had very bad luck when I was offloaded due to sickness at Bangkok and have had to live in this God forsaken corrupt hole ever since. I am now regarded as unfit to fly medically and cannot even fly to Malaya to get a visa. I am beginning to feel that the sooner I die the better.

It's no problem, we had exactly the same situation over Songkran when I did my last 90 day. I ended up going there three times before they decided to actually do a day's work. Today is a bridging day between the weekend and the two Buddha days on Tuesday and Wednesday, that's why they are closed to all but "essential" business. Just go back on Thursday and all will be well, no fines and no problems. :)

My 90 days reporting is due as per the stamp in my passport slip on the 7th July but unfortunately the Pattaya immigration staff do not realise that that is a Holy Day for Buddha

I went at 8am this morning the 6th but unfortunately no one had informed me and the crowd gathered there some very angry that Pattaya Immigration was on Holiday. I thought that Immigration was a Public service to supply a service but it seems that i was wrong. Probably we will be charged extra money besides the 500bt in our passports because we did not report on time. Still with spicky at Soi 8 it was 1000bt. I am beginning to think that I had very bad luck when I was offloaded due to sickness at Bangkok and have had to live in this God forsaken corrupt hole ever since. I am now regarded as unfit to fly medically and cannot even fly to Malaya to get a visa. I am beginning to feel that the sooner I die the better.

:)

Easy does it (dee kwah), Dude. Everything'll be alright on Thursday; just be polite and patient. Hang in there & Good Luck!

PS- No Dying allowed in this space...!

:D

Edited by Michaelaway

All correct above. My extension was due during the "Red Shirt" protest shutdowns. Unlike the current Buddhist Lent holidays, that was an unplanned closure that caught most of us, as well as the Immigration folks, unprepared. There was no problem at all when I went back after they re-opened, 2 days past my "due date" for extension.

In any case, as someone noted above, we always have a 7-day window.

Chill! IMO and experience, the Pattaya Immigration office is the most efficiently run, courteous operation I have used in this city - government or private!

based on this miserable post, i suspect you are not alone in thinking that.......

Can you not get the train to Malaysia?

Of course he can, or a car or a bus. Every calander I've seen has the 7th and 8th highlighted, as UK calenders highlight any number of bank holidays where no doubt all the 'public' services are also closed. It's not up to immigration to tell this fool that his 90th day just happens to fall on one of the most important religious events of the year.