Hotels With Weekly Rates

apple69

Hi,

I'll shortly be moving to Bangkok for a number of months. Before I commit to a longer term rental apartment I want to get a feel for the different areas and also view a number of potential apartments. With this in mind I was wondering if anyone knew of any hotels with a decent weekly rental rate. Ideally not too too much about 5-7k per week. Not essential but if the hotel has internet that would be a bonus.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mark

In my experience its a very rare case that hotels will offer you a weekly rate..id say never, and even if they did i doubt it would work out any better than a daily rate..which on a ballpark figure you could assume to be 500 baht per night for the services you want.

My advice to you would be to rent an appartment like mine, its a fair distance from the city but at 5,000-5,500 per month you can get 1 bedroom,rented tv(with pay tv package)+ fridge,air con,and free wireless internet.This figure also includes (my) average monthly use of power and water which will be extra if you take on any monthly place.

Your daily transport costs into the city might be a little more (minimal if you do it right) but at around 180 bht per night, even if you forfeit part of your monthly stay and use it as a base while finding something else, it works out far more affordable than going the daily route...and you get the above comforts for the same price of a month in a Khao san road dump.

There are a few drawbacks of course but at least it gives you the freedom to look for something else while having a place to fall back on if all else fails. I did this at the start and am still here 8 months later. :)

Anyway, I'd be happy to lend you a hand with more indepth details if you want to go that way.

In any case GOOD LUCK!!

Hi,

I'll shortly be moving to Bangkok for a number of months. Before I commit to a longer term rental apartment I want to get a feel for the different areas and also view a number of potential apartments. With this in mind I was wondering if anyone knew of any hotels with a decent weekly rental rate. Ideally not too too much about 5-7k per week. Not essential but if the hotel has internet that would be a bonus.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mark

Starry Place at Soi Rangnam, next to Victory Monument, has weekly/monthly rates and is an excellent serviced apartment. . House by the Pond has weekly rates and is located off of Sukhumvit 22(housebythepond.com) . Premier Inn is a bit old but gives good monthly rates and probably will give you a decent weekly rate. Their number is 02-261-0401. Good luck!

Edited by Jockstar
Virus detected when opening site.

Thanks everyone for your replies... very helpful and has given me a lot of info to go on!

Oh and thanks ozzieovaseas for the tip on looking outside the center. I think I'll like want to start central but would be interested in info of places outside.

Thanks again,

Mark :)