im here on a tourist visa double entry

i will do my 1st visa run on 4th august as it expires on 5th....

i will then fly to bali on the 5th september returning on the 12th sept and whilst in transit will fly to the philippines that same day.

i will return on the 28th spetember and will stay until the 7th october

will i get the standard 30 day visa once i return even tho i will alow the tourist visa to cancel once i leave for bali..

yeah i know the amounts but my concern is that i wud have been here for over 90 days already will they still allow me to have a new 30 days visa...cos generally its 90 days/6months period or wont that count for me cos im on a doff visa previosly

Whether you use your 'Permit of Stay' Stamp granted on a Tourist Visa to the maximum of 60 days or leave before, has no influence on your next entry other than that you 'used' one of your allowed 'entries' (as in single, double, triple entry Tourist Visa).

The visa will just be not valid anymore after your last allowed entry and considered 'used'.

You can then apply at an embassy for a new visa (Tourist or other) or enter on the 'visa exemption' rule, which will give you a 30 day Permit of Stay at international airports, or 15 days at any land border crossing.

There is a limit now of 4 consecutive allowed entries on this rule on land borders, see discussion here.

I think there is no limit when arriving on international airports.

Basically Lite Beer said it all, just added some details for completeness since you still seemed to be uneasy.

Cheers,

welo

Edited by welo

ok sounds good......

tourist visa double entry.....1st 60 days ...expires 5th august.visa run to ventiene.....re entry

60 days allowed..

leave for bali.....5th sept....arrive bkk 12th....transit bkk airport

leave for manila 12th sept.....return bkk 28th sept

bkk 10 days

leave bkk...

i guess this is my itinerary for the rest of my journey,,,, a simple yes is all i require as to whether i will be ok...thanks guys for all ur help i appreciate it

ok sounds good......

tourist visa double entry.....1st 60 days ...expires 5th august.visa run to ventiene.....re entry

60 days allowed..

leave for bali.....5th sept....arrive bkk 12th....transit bkk airport

leave for manila 12th sept.....return bkk 28th sept

bkk 10 days

leave bkk...

i guess this is my itinerary for the rest of my journey,,,, a simple yes is all i require as to whether i will be ok...thanks guys for all ur help i appreciate it

You've got a YES from me! (Not sure how much it's worth though HAHA)

i will do my 1st visa run on 4th august as it expires on 5th....

Just for completeness: Be sure you leave before the VISA expires ('valid until' date on the visa), and not only before your Permit of Stay stamp 'expires'.

Have a nice journey!

welo

The key is return - he must return on the 4th or before to get the 60 days. The visa has expired on the 5th.

You are absolutely right! My statement should have actually said:

Be sure you return before the VISA expires ('valid until' date on the visa), and not only before your Permit of Stay stamp 'expires'.

OP was probably talking correctly about visa validity. Just wanted to make sure he doesn't confuse the 'validity' of his Permit of Stay stamp with the validity of his Visa.

Well, I guess sometimes too much information will harm more than help :)

welo