My House Construction Pictures

@ Flying.....

If you're referring to 2m+ Polehouses, I'd like to see what you've built/designed. :)

I'm a big fan of Polehouses, esp Thai ones.

Sorry No not pole house. I know the name post & pier

creates a picture of that. :D but it is just 4x4 posts on a concrete square pier block :D

Edited by flying

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We added a large wood vent on both sides of the house to let air flow nicely throught the roof. I need someones opinion on if we should keep it wood color and just stain it or should I paint it? Colors? Any ideas would be great. I'm kind leaning towards keeping it wood color. Here are some updated pics taken today.

Hi Rhino

I love wood but it depends on what it is. If it is a wood that has nice grain. Then when you clear coat it the gain will stand out & be a pretty piece. But like BB said when exterior paint will be less maintenance. If clear you need to get something that the UV will not eat & turn your wood weathered gray.

Hey the house is coming along nice though!

We added a large wood vent on both sides of the house to let air flow nicely throught the roof. I need someones opinion on if we should keep it wood color and just stain it or should I paint it? Colors? Any ideas would be great. I'm kind leaning towards keeping it wood color. Here are some updated pics taken today.

Very nice pictures. What do you have in mind regarding the colors of the rest of the house? I had a color theme for my house. Pretty much it was cream, orange & light orange, and orange/white mixed roof tiles. This in combination with a slight dark wood used for the doors and windows made it a nice allround picture. If you can tell us your plans we can give you a better to answer.

The wood color is nice, but better to paint it for protection as other mention, you can always paint it in wood color or a natural brown if you really want to keep it as it is.

Looks good in wood...but white would work too.

We just had a small problem where they didn't sand the walls properly and when they painted the walls didn't look smooth at all, looked really bumpy and not professional. They are redoing some plaster work and sanding every wall again which means everything has to be re painted. Problem is getting fixed as we speak. Hopefully it will look better this time. Other than this, everything is fine.

I've decided to stay with wood color for the 1.5m wood vents we added to the house. We just stained it with a clear stain which is UV protect. Here is a picture. The walls inside are all done re sanded nicely. They did a really good job sanding the walls the second time over. I'm happy with there work. I'll be posting some updated pictures of inside the house soon. Will wait till the tile is finished which should be in the next few days.

post-50420-1250613746_thumb.jpg

We just had a small problem where they didn't sand the walls properly and when they painted the walls didn't look smooth at all, looked really bumpy and not professional. They are redoing some plaster work and sanding every wall again which means everything has to be re painted. Problem is getting fixed as we speak. Hopefully it will look better this time. Other than this, everything is fine.

I've decided to stay with wood color for the 1.5m wood vents we added to the house. We just stained it with a clear stain which is UV protect. Here is a picture. The walls inside are all done re sanded nicely. They did a really good job sanding the walls the second time over. I'm happy with there work. I'll be posting some updated pictures of inside the house soon. Will wait till the tile is finished which should be in the next few days.

Looking good rhino! That is the main thing ....sealing the wood & UV protectant.

Some folks also use a semitransparent stain to chain the shade of wood to anything they want & then clear coat it.

Sorry to hear about the bumpy walls. The better plaster guys here will usually spray a light thinned out plaster like primer when they are done for that very reason. To see their work & how it will look after paint.

rhino533 - can you please advise where you purchased your windows / doors they look as if they have come from a very professional organisation.

You don't want them, Sorry Rino! They installed them in my house and within one week. I ordered Upvc windows.

Bugs crawled in , noise levels were not cut, they forgot to silicone my windows in the livinroom and soaked my flooring, which then needed to be replaced.

They look good but thats it.

Would you mind expanding on these comments, when / where did the bugs crawl in, where was the silicone forgotten etc.

The bugs crawled in under the slideable section of window, as the fir gaurds were the wrong size, and on some windows they didn't add them. This is the grey coloured seal.

They forgot to silicone around the windows completely. Young kids came to do it. They missed on the top between the house and window sill.

Windows look nice don't get me wrong, but for not much more you can have Upvc windows installed.

34,000 for Alum, and 47,000 for Hoffen Upvc.

Upvc sealed great, locks are good, bug screens A plus, 6mm thick glass.

Hey Peter, All the windows in the house are Upvc not alum. I really like them and I'm totally happy. Really sound proof too. They didn't install any Alum windows anywhere in the house. Freshflow stopped installing alum windows. I asked them if they ever installed Alum windows and they said they haven't installed alum windows for a long time now. I actually have been to a few of the other houses they have built and all have upvc windows, None of them had alum windows. All there houses they have built that I've seen are really nice, look good and the customers are over joyed with there new house!!!

Rhino, what material is the siding you used outside?

Rhino, what material is the siding you used outside?

The material that is used for the outside of the house is called Rockwood. The company I'm using to build the house (Freshflow service) gets it ordered in from outside Thailand somewhere. Rockwood is similar to Conwood which is available in Thailand. What I've heard is that Rockwood uses better materials and it's stronger than conwood but I believe both are ok.

Here is the website for conwood which in Thailand. They have lots of information regarding this type of material on there.

http://www.conwood.co.th/en/products.asp

Edited by rhino533

Rockwood is similar to Conwood which is available in Thailand. What I've heard is that Rockwood uses better materials and it's stronger than conwood but I believe both are ok.

thanks Rhino. thought as much. i used the locally avaible material for my pool ceiling.

Rockwood is similar to Conwood which is available in Thailand. What I've heard is that Rockwood uses better materials and it's stronger than conwood but I believe both are ok.

thanks Rhino. thought as much. i used the locally avaible material for my pool ceiling.

You have a ceiling on your pool what Luxury! Is it air conditioned as well?

You have a ceiling on your pool what Luxury! Is it air conditioned as well?

hahaha .... sorry I just had to laugh .......

Jason is see they used the wrong size door frames in your house too. Or is that just the way the photo was taken?

It looks like the frame is not level or flush with the wall.

They did this at my house, I had to replace all the door frames with ones that a 2cm thicker.

Then all was good and easy to trim.

Two)

make sure they coat that metal post GOOD as I have rust on mine already. Now I am thinking how long till I have to replace it, as it is just thin square stock. Unpainted/sealed on the inside and high humidity here.

Other then that, your house looks great, Bet you can't wait to just relax and feel free!

Jason is see they used the wrong size door frames in your house too. Or is that just the way the photo was taken?

It looks like the frame is not level or flush with the wall.

They did this at my house, I had to replace all the door frames with ones that a 2cm thicker.

Then all was good and easy to trim.

Two)

make sure they coat that metal post GOOD as I have rust on mine already. Now I am thinking how long till I have to replace it, as it is just thin square stock. Unpainted/sealed on the inside and high humidity here.

Other then that, your house looks great, Bet you can't wait to just relax and feel free!

Hey Peter, I think it's just the way I took the pictures. All the door frames flush with the walls. I'll post some more pictures when they have done all the finishing around the doors. As far as the poles for the terraces, they will paint the poles to rust proof them and we are going to cover them with old style wood that will be treated too. Should look really nice once it's done.

I can't wait to move in, should be soon but they still have to build a garage, storage room and a fence around the property which should take a while still. The electrician will come this week and install all the power outlets, lights, switches etc. Then the laminate will be installed. Will keep posting updated pictures.

Here are some pictures of our kitchen install. We decided on a more basic kitchen with lots of cupboard space. Still looks good for the space we have and white makes the room nice and bright. We are having another counter and more cupboards installed on the left (across) wall too but will only be 1.2m long and then the fridge and stove on either side. The total price for this kitchen is just a littlle over 40,000 baht and is exactly what we wanted. 40,000B dosen't include the fridge or stove. The cupboards are made from upvc.

post-50420-1251868457_thumb.jpg

post-50420-1251868544_thumb.jpg

post-50420-1251868566_thumb.jpg

Some updated photos of the house. Also added some photos of the UPVC doors we are using around the house.

I am curious about the concrete sidewalk around your house. Did they use iron rebar in it? And will they cut in control joints for cracking? Or do you plan to cover the walkway with tile?

Place looks great!

Some updated photos of the house. Also added some photos of the UPVC doors we are using around the house.

I am curious about the concrete sidewalk around your house. Did they use iron rebar in it? And will they cut in control joints for cracking? Or do you plan to cover the walkway with tile?

Place looks great!

Yeah rebar was used through out the sidewalk around the house. We have tiled the whole sidewalk. Looks great. The house is almost done. The electric through out the house is almost done and we got the flooring and bathrooms all finished. We just need to finish the kitchen and few spots here and there and the house will be finished. Next step will be the fence and garage. Will add more pictures really soon. Cheers

What brand of lam did you use?

I see you let them put the floor down before all paint work was done(scarey)Lam should be the last item installed.

We went with Hoffen and used 12mm thick laminate. We had it planned out to be the last thing done in the house and had to cancel the install a few times already and it ended up totally not how we had it planned. I'll be watching them making sure nothing gets marked on the floor or they will be having to replace anything they mark or get paint on. They know it, I've told them. I'll be getting them to cover every square inch of the laminate before any more work gets done.

Hahahahah ride they A$$'s. they need it. You can tell them if they screw it up I'm come'n to chat with them.

I don't think they like me much, as I like things don't right. Had a few run in's with the crew and kicked some off my land. :)

They never did come back to complete the build. :D

Lam looks great, Hoffen was my second pick. Like the colour and pattern you picked. :D

Yes make sure they cover it, is very hard to get paint off of Lam as it doesn't like thinners.

House looks great, I envy you. Wish I would have waited, instead of being the first house

Looking at the pictures it’s hard to believe this is a Thai building site don’t think I've seen a cleaner one. Just love that magnetic level. Brought one over ten years ago everybody love it well the builders did anyway. Best part is I still have it. Your rockwood siding is great and it looks like your building company is doing all the right things. Can’t wait for the next installment.

Congrats on your new home. You can't go wrong with steel framed homes, I have built two and will build another in 2011 If the builder will do an under-croft for me. I am in Oz by the way.

I have seen a lot of flashy places in LOS but I would have to say that yours comes closer in build to a Aussie home than any other house I've seen in LOS. Makes me very surprised by what Thai's are becoming more and more able to do.

Once again, congrats and enjoy your new home.

Damo.

• 2 weeks later...